Topic: Wimbledon Finals was garbage and here's why ...

Federer was supposed to win the 3rd set tiebreak. It was 6-6 and he hits one into the net! WHAT???? Djokovic struggled to hold the entire match which is why the match was pushed to 5 sets. Also, Federer was down 2-5 in the 4th set. It should have been wrapped up in just 4 but Djokovic was feeling nervous. Maybe his new name should be "Djoko-baby"!

Please respond and discuss the mentality of these high-level players. Also, feel free to talk about the situations surrounding the match.

Re: Wimbledon Finals was garbage and here's why ...

Did you see the whole match? I haven't seen anyone struggle less than Djoko for the first three sets. After that he was more human. Mentaly, Djokovic has had the advantage over Federer for a few years now. That Federer said after the match that he was surprised that he made it to five sets indicate that he really didn't believe he could win it.

100tennisstats:

Federer said that beause Novak was up 2 sets to 1 and 5-2!! If he didn't believe he could win, there would NEVER have been a fifth set.

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

I stopped watching after the 3rd set.  I knew whoever won that 3rd set would win the match.  But the WAY Federer lost that tiebreak.  Ugh.  Down a mini-break, he gets it back with an amazing rally finished off by an amazing forehand.  And then immediately gives it back on serve with a pathetic shot straight into the net.  Oy.

-Arvis

No, it was a forehand that ended just wide when he was down 3-4 and serving. It was then 3-5 and the breaker was over. Just a couple millimeters decided the fate of the set and maybe the match.

Last edited by Adunar (Jul. 8, 2014 2:20pm)

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Adunar: maybe but I still don't believe Federer would consider him the favorite before this match. Federer positively surprised me though, I didn't expect it to be that close. Djokovic played incredible good, if he hadn't, Federer would have won. It was damn close he did.