Topic: Official Wimbledon Fantasy Site

http://fantasy.wimbledon.com/

In order to play Fantasy Wimbledon, you must register. You can have one fantasy player per account.

You can join the game at any point during the Championships.

Fantasy player will be given a 1000* budget to allocate to five player attributes. The value of each player attribute is based on their performances at Wimbledon over the past three years. This is calculated from the official historical data.

You can allocate your budget in the following permutations:

Four men and one woman
Four women and one man
Three men and two women
Three women and two men
If you are spoilt for choice and can't decide, you can choose our lucky dip option, and you will be allocated a random selection of players.

HOW DO YOU SCORE POINTS
You need to have a complete player submitted before you can start scoring points. A complete player must have five tennis players. If your player is fully built by 13th June 2014 at 11:00 BST it will be submitted automatically and ready to score points. If your player is not ready by this date and time you need to submit it manually.

Each tennis player will score points based on these statistics:

Category    Sub Category    Points    Explanation
Serve    Ace    3    An ace occurs when a player serves and their opponent does not touch the ball with their racket.
Serve    Double Fault    -3    Tennis players are allowed two serves per point. If they fail to land their serve in the service box twice in succession and without touching the net within that point, this is classed as double fault.
Power    Winner    2    A winner occurs when when a player hits the ball and the opponent is either unable to touch it with the racket or have the chance to play it back.
Power    Unforced Error    -1    Points lost when a player fails to keep the ball in play when expected to.
Returns    Point Won    1 for every percentage of receiving points won e.g. 33% = 33 points.    When a player wins a point on the opponent's serve.
Net Play    Net Play Won    2    When a player wins a point at the net from either with a volley or a smash.
Net Play    Net Play Lost    -1    When a player loses a point at the net from either with a volley or a smash.
Mind    Break Points Converted    7    When a tennis player breaks their opponent's serve.
BONUS WILD CARD
You need to choose one of your initial five attributes to act as a 'wild card'. The wild card will score you double points in that chosen category for as long as the player remains in 2014 Championships. Once you have chosen your 'wild card', you cannot change it for the duration of The Championships. There is, however, no restriction on changing the attribute itself. Should you make a change from your initial selection, you won't then receive double points for that attribute for the rest of the tournament.

HOW TO MAKE CHANGE
You can make as many changes as you like, up until the scheduled start of play on Day One - 11.00am BST on Monday 23 June 2014. After this date and time, you can make up to five changes per round.

Re: Official Wimbledon Fantasy Site

Hi Thexc, I saw this on the website. I understand most if it, but not the wild card element. Thinking of giving it a go, cos there are some good prizes on offer.

2018 Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Year End #3
2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup

Made a team. My understanding is the wild card is a player you cannot change, so you need to pick someone you think will make it to the final.

2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year

TennisElbow wrote:

Made a team. My understanding is the wild card is a player you cannot change, so you need to pick someone you think will make it to the final.

Yep that seems correct. They have leagues too but not sure who else has signed up for one.

entered!

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion, 2018 Big Fat Nothing

Cool, let's make a league, you only need 5 players to qualify for a prize. Something Star Wars related, I suppose?

The Clone Wars?  i.e. our "players" are clones made up from the DNA of other tennis players?

-Arvis

That's awesome Arvis

OK, I've created a league, password windu, see if you can sign up

If we win (ha ha) maybe the top player in the league should get the prize?

Sounds good! I won't be in front of my computer for about 12 more hours (on phone) but I'll give it a try.

Joined the league, only two people so far!

The budget format made picks extremely difficult haha, really impossible to make solid picks for all categories...

Jus registered. Impossible format with the budget, really. that is a LUCKY game for sure!

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Now that I've seen this thread, I am delighted to say I've joined your league. 
We'll see if anyone joins mine.

Cool, 4 players now, we need 5 to be 'official'.
I think we have myself, Dwight, Tom and Don. Adunar and Arvis have teams so might join the league too.

I'm in!

-Arvis

Don--2013-Yoda-Cup-Guru wrote:

Now that I've seen this thread, I am delighted to say I've joined your league. 
We'll see if anyone joins mine.

What's the name and password to your league?

Joined, 6 people in each league so far.

I also entered the league. Just on time..

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Note on the Rules page, you can make five transfers every round, so looks like if one of your players get knocked out you can make fresh picks next round (with exception of the wildcard).

Signed up for Don's team. I didn't know that Adunar and Arvis had teams as well. Is it too late to sign up for those teams?

2016 Yoda Cup Guru
2015 USO Yoda Cup Champion
2014 AO Yoda Cup Champion

I have a team?

-Arvis

TennisElbow wrote:

Cool, 4 players now, we need 5 to be 'official'.
I think we have myself, Dwight, Tom and Don. Adunar and Arvis have teams so might join the league too.

Arvis, I was responding to this post that said that you had a team. Maybe not?

2016 Yoda Cup Guru

Nevermind. I think I misread teams to be league. Sorry.

2016 Yoda Cup Guru

Hi Wimby, I set up a league called The Clone Wars, password windu. I don't know if you can still sign up though.