Topic: GSFT 3.0 Feature Requests - post your ideas here

We are planning a website update and redesign for later this summer, and it would be useful if users could let me know what new features they would like to see. Also, let me know if there are any bugs that need fixing. I'm not going to be able to add all suggested features, but I'll do my best to add the most popular.

Here is my current list of the proposed features and bug fixes for GSFT v3:

FEATURES
- Add annual point totals to league and standings pages
- Need a way for users to unsubscribe to all GSFT emails and/or close their account
- Make website compatible with all major browsers and iPad/iPhone
- Remove inactive users from leagues (if a user does not participate in 2 consecutive slams they are auto-removed from the league)
- Add automated data entry checks (e.g., make sure we have 32 seeds, no duplicate seeds, etc.)

BUGS
- Some users missing photo in forum
- Some league managers are unable to remove users from their leagues
- On league pages, archived comments show an incorrect timestamp of 12:00 instead of the correct timestamp
- Issues with match start times need to be addressed (time is off by 1 hour, or the "Time Left" column is 1 hour off from the start time)
- League standings in emails show rank out of all league members, not active league members.

Thanks!

Re: GSFT 3.0 Feature Requests - post your ideas here

Those are all great improvements, Charles.

I have an idea that you could realize if you want.
I would like if you could create a league on GSFT that would require an payment to enter, some 10$ or 20$, so there would be a prize pool for that league. You could keep some money from the enterance and the rest distribute to some top places depending on the number of participants.

The GSFT would still be free to participate but with one option more, to play for money as well.

Last edited by Dragan (Jun. 1, 2014 4:12pm)

I second that idea Dragan.  I noticed Yahoo! has that very feature for its fantasy sports this year.  I don't know how long ago they added it, I just found out this year.

There should be style of leagues were only your teams count for points. The match predictions dominate the scoring too much.

I agree with your idea Dragan, it could be a nice thing to pay for the prize money league wink

@Brennan: that's the whole point of the competition, not everything depends on pre-tournament predictions!

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

My point is that it is much harder to predict results pre tournament. There should be BOTH styles. But separate.

Well, this format is unique because it involves both. I think it's nice to have a way to come back. Besides, pre-tourney picks are far more important in terms of weight compared to match picks wink

I think the balance is jsut perfect !

If you are looking for pre-tournament only competitions, we play a bunch of them and you will learn more about them in the forums here (other tournaments).

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

I agree it give you the opportunity to come back.

Like I mentioned. There should be both options. With match predictions and without.

i joined and now cant even make a team because I missed the start - in the world cup fantasy league I joined after a week into the tournament I think its unfair because I only found this fantasy league after 11.00 gmt and I wasn't able to create a team using my mobile phone I went onto the laptop and I wasn't given an option to make on - is there any way to make a team now ?

Yes kaka, quickly email me your picks now and I can get your team entered for you.