Topic: Andy Roddick

So what do you think made Andy Roddick the player that came out onto centre court today and got through to his first Wimbledon final since 2006?

This was the Roddick who had already been through the wringer against Lleyton Hewitt, but he obviously had enough in the tank.

Is it the coach Stefanki? 'Luck'? Because no offence to Roddick but he hasnt been considered a potential champion for a while, really. At US open, maybe, but not at Wimbledon,.

Re: Andy Roddick

What an amazing match today against Murray. I was as shocked as everyone else that he managed to play such amazing tennis and pull out a tough win. It was great fun to watch. I have always been a bit down on Roddick because he seems to have so much talent but has not delivered. But today was all Roddick!

From teenager to adult comes to mind when I think of Roddick. Teens are full of life, aggression, compulsive behavior and talent. As an adult you start to work out your problems, not relying on the same answer for every situation and you’re in control of yourself and your emotions. For some of us myself included this comes later rather than sooner. It's a little late in his career but it sure looks good. Sorry about Sunday though, Federer in 4.

He's a great player, but he is playing along side Federer and Nadal, and they took all of his titles away from him. If he was born a few years earlier he might have had a few more slams under his belt, but that's life.

Hes injured! And out of the Davis Cup, what a shame! Hope hes ok for flushing meadows.