Re: 2014 R2D2 - Party In The City Where The Heat Is On - Miami

Speaking of!!!!!! What timing that was!!! Stupid Phone!!!!

They have an app for android and IOS, I downloaded and it's good

Last edited by Edu_Anackin (Mar. 18, 2014 10:18pm)

2019: AO Yoda Cup, Obi Wan, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Performance of the Year, Year End #3
2018: Obi Wan, Rey Saber, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Most correct picks Award, Year End #2.
2017: BB-8 Cup, Year End #4. 2016: Padme Cup, RG Yoda Cup, Leia Tiara, Trophy Case Award, Rey Saber runner up, Year End #3.
2015: Lando Calrissian's Ring, GQ "The Green Anackin".

Arvis I sent you my qualifiers changes

2019: AO Yoda Cup, Obi Wan, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Performance of the Year, Year End #3
2018: Obi Wan, Rey Saber, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Most correct picks Award, Year End #2.
2017: BB-8 Cup, Year End #4. 2016: Padme Cup, RG Yoda Cup, Leia Tiara, Trophy Case Award, Rey Saber runner up, Year End #3.

I submitted my match predictions for the men's draw in Miami!

Last edited by Camdawg (Mar. 19, 2014 12:48am)

Where can I send you an email to change a few things with the qualifiers in my draw ?

I have completed my draw, I better go and check it just in case. wink

2021 AO Yoda Cup, 2020 Supreme Jedi UFTR No.1, Lord Vader 2018 Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme , BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Betclik wrote:

Where can I send you an email to change a few things with the qualifiers in my draw ?

You can modify your draw on the bracketmaker. I did it this morning. The only problem is that you have to do it all over again.. but I'm sure you remember your picks wink

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

As it turns out, I am not going to change any of my QF picks.  Probably means disaster.

20 Queen Droid & BB-8 Cup Wimbledon 14 US Open Yoda Cup16 Wimbledon 14 French Open Alpha Cup12, 13 & 16
King Droid 15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

I've modified my draw, I hope I'm still on time

The first matches start in about 2 hours so you are fine Betclik.

20 Queen Droid & BB-8 Cup Wimbledon 14 US Open Yoda Cup16 Wimbledon 14 French Open Alpha Cup12, 13 & 16

If anyone doesn't want to re-do their entire bracket, you can post adjustments and Qualifier changes here in the forum and they will be reflected in the spreadsheet.

Arvis' changes:
-Thiem def. Rosol
-Hanescu def. de Bakker

That's it.  I considered some other changes, but those are the only two that will differ from my BracketMaker draw.  If there are 2 points or less between me and the guy below me, it will all be worth it (if I get the changes right, that is).

Also, everyone please post your tiebreakers in this thread.
TIEBREAKER 1: # of aces by winner in final
TIEBREAKER 2: length of final in minutes

Arvis' tiebreakers:
#1 - 14 aces
#2 - 135 minutes

-Arvis

Last edited by Arvis (Mar. 19, 2014 8:21am)

Well, I am not sure everyone wants to make these picks public, as it could sway how we answer, no?

You can still do it after the brackets close, as long as none of the changes affect any current or finished matches.

-Arvis

Yeah, when deadline is passed we should all post our tie-breakers in the next 24 hours or before the end of the day.

perfect.

this is kind of cool ...

http://data.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/ … ict-o-tron

Last edited by BHP--2012-13-KING-DROID (Mar. 19, 2014 8:49am)

Wouldn't be easier just email him the qualifiers and tie breakers?
BTW I sent you my qualifiers on your email Arvis, did you get it?

Got it, Edu, you're good. smile

-Arvis

My tiebreakers:

1. 8 aces
2. 119 mins

Ok, we've hit the deadline and I'll start putting everyone's spreadsheets together.

Dang... a lot of you really went out on a limb in this tournament.  Nadal, Djokovic, Nadal, Djokovic, Nadal, Djokovic....
And then, me and Johnny with our stupid predictions.  Awesome.

Nadal: never won Miami ever, yet 4 of you guys picked him to get it here.  History tells us he will have won every tournament ever by the time he retires, so this isn't really a bad pick.
Djokovic: because it's the easiest thing in the world to do the Indian Wells/Miami double, 6 of you picked him to accomplish the feat.
Arvis picked Berdych to win Miami.  What an idiot.
Johnny picked Wawrinka to win Miami.  He said he was going to pick him in every tournament, so I guess he is staying true to his word.

-Arvis

if Miami didn't have such slow courts I would have picked Roger to win it, I mean it

I went with the Djoker. I think he really needed that IW win to get him on track. He's been my pick for the clay season since the end of last year.

I think Nadal has a better chance here than Novak, to be honest.  It just depends on whether Nadal can serve or not.  I actually am surprised nobody took Murray to defend.  Didn't look fantastic in IW, but I think he'll just be that much more motivated here in Miami.  I like his chances to upset a less-motivated Djokovic in the semis.

-Arvis

I'd be thrilled with a Nadal win of course. He's just off as of late. I would have actually had him out earlier if he wasn't Nadal. Maybe Murray without Lendl now will actually do something this year. I doubt it will be the tournament though.

Okay here are my tie-breakers:

#1 7 aces
#2 113 minutes

I picked Novak to win. I have to say Rafa was on my radar for Miami since the beginning of the season but it seems his back is still bothering me so I played it safe. I have Berdych in the final so you're not alone with the Berd Arvis wink
I have DImitrov beating Roger in the quarters as well as Haas beating Stan in R16. Big calls there. I almost picked Delpo to beat Rafa in the quarters but I thought my draw was crazy enough.

Wow Adunar. Those are some big calls. I still haven't woken up to the fact that the men's side is as messy as the women's so I ended up going pretty much as the seeds went. I do have Delpo not winning a match though.