Re: Our own new fantasy tennis game and website: the construction site

I am sure we can trust Tony with $75 in the Bahamas, for that I might join him smile . Great idea that needs some serious discussion, and for the cost of a feed of fish n chips per person we can have some serious fun. Of course in Australia I might have to 2nd mortgage the home, but who cares, by the time the Mrs finds out, I will be in the Bahamas...

Last edited by Snollygoster (Mar. 10, 2014 6:06am)

LOL Snolly

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Love the C3P0 pic, Snolly.

So once Tono gets this set up (he can start it any time now, I think) then maybe $5 - $10 USD per person should cover it, no problem.  Once we have the domain, the serious work can begin.  I'm lost as to how we can help Thexc with the heavy lifting.

-Arvis

You can count me in as well. I am ready to send those 10$ ,or some other amount, to Tony when he gives the precise instructions about that.

It's probably a bit early about that but I also think that Arnaud suggested too many points for the final rounds.

Last edited by Dragan (Mar. 10, 2014 9:45am)

Nice to see you back in the forums, Dragan!

-Arvis

Thanks Arvis.

By the way, I'm dominating the Yoda Crew in the WTA Draw Challenge at the moment. big_smile

Last edited by Dragan (Mar. 10, 2014 9:06am)

Post your result then...

Last edited by BHP--2012-13-KING-DROID (Mar. 10, 2014 9:08am)

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

Points were just thrown in like this, based on the R2D2 format. I think points for the later rounds are even less than what we have in R2D2. We can decide later on the points system.

The important thing is to get the domain and start working on it. Just liek Arvis, I don't really know how we can actually help Thexc for this.

So we have to make a list of who's in for the funds. If Tony is taking care of this, I guess it is easier if he pays first the couple bucks and we give it back to him once we know exactly how much it costs per person.

Not sure it is fair to ask Tony to front the money for us.  We need to set an amount and all send that to the paypal account before hand.

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

Yeah but what if we don't know the exact initial amount?

We should make a list. I don't have any paypal account...

For the points system, here is the lowest we could go for:
Could do something like that for the GS:
R128 1pt, R64 2pts, R32 3pts, R16 4 pts, QF 6pts, SF 8pst, F 10pts
Masters 1000: R96: 1pt, R64/56/48 1pt, R32 2pts, R16 3pts, QF 4pts, SF 6pts, F 8 pts
500: R48/32: 1pt, R16 2pts, QF 3 pts, SF 4pts, F 6pts

I'd say the one I posted in the first post should be the maximum..

So here are the people that are ready to participate in financially (made it clear):

Tony, Arvis, BP, Adunar, Edu, Snolly, Dragan.

Jamie, Mike and Thesc seem to be in as well but didn't mention if they were ready to send the 5-10 $.

So we're at least 7 and up to 10.

I'd say we shoudl all send 10$ to Tony. If there's too much then be it and we will have a couple extra bucks in the locker for the future.

Last edited by Adunar (Mar. 10, 2014 9:52am)

Count me in. I have no problem sending in some cash.

Cool smile

I'm OK with cash, I have paypal

2018 Roland Garros Yoda Cup
2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup 2013 Winner of Fantasy Tennis Tour

Sweet, send me your money gentlemen, I reckon $100 each should cover it. wink lol

LOL@Snolly nice comment early Snolly.

I will probably just use the wife's paypal account that she already has set up, she tells me Paypal is safe and easy to set up for those of you who don't have it, I'll let you all know once I'm ready to receive your $10 ok.....if there ends up being extra in the pot we can just utilise that for the next season....or maybe offer some Tono Toffee as prizes. wink.....anyone have a decent Toffee recipe. hmm

Last edited by Tono--2014-Yoda-Cup-Guru (Mar. 10, 2014 1:04pm)

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year
2012 - Lord Vader, 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

That really made me laugh, for some reason.  I would definitely enjoy some "Tono Toffee."

-Arvis

I believe there's some kind of fee Paypal deducts when money is transferred internationally, around 5%? So $100 will become $95 but still plenty for the first year.

Once Tono has enough for the domain ($11), it can be purchased here: https://www.namecheap.com/domains/regis … llenge.com

I'm not sure if there are faster ways of communicating, perhaps with Skype, Google Chat or Facebook? I can also provide remote control help for the set-up process on the domain and hosting.

WHAT!!! $11 for the domain, how am I supposed to come up with that kinda cash thexc, far out. lol.....I can organise to purchase the domain this week then. smile

I've already got BHP and Arnie as friends on facebook so adding more of the Yoda Crew wouldn't be a problem for me.

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year
2012 - Lord Vader, 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

https://www.facebook.com/edu.anackin

Champion: '16 Padme Cup, '16 Roland Garros Yoda Cup,' 16 Leia Tiara, '15 Lando Calrissian's Ring (250's), '15 GQ "The Green Anackin", '16 Trophy Case Award, '17 BB-8 Cup
Runner Up: '16 Rey Saber, '13 US Open Yoda Cup, '14 R2D2 Phoenix Crown.

I am my own daughter!

Tono--2014-Yoda-Cup-Guru wrote:

WHAT!!! $11 for the domain, how am I supposed to come up with that kinda cash thexc, far out. lol.....I can organise to purchase the domain this week then. smile

I've already got BHP and Arnie as friends on facebook so adding more of the Yoda Crew wouldn't be a problem for me.

All right, when buying the domain, it may ask you to put in nameservers, but just leave those and any other additional features/components blank/skip them so only the domain is needed right now.

Will this be bought under a name or organization?  We should all pledge to give Tono $1.00 towards the domain as there is about 11 of us.  That way we all have vestment.

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

BHP--2012-13-KING-DROID wrote:

Will this be bought under a name or organization?  We should all pledge to give Tono $1.00 towards the domain as there is about 11 of us.  That way we all have vestment.

Good question though I'm not sure how official an organization can be unless you go through all the paperwork and legal channels of registering one.

Count me in for this!! smile
sounds awesome!

For the point allocation... what if we used the ATP points?
so for 1000 it's 1000, 600, 360, 180, 90, 45, etc... and for 500 half that...
Thots?

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion

Have been playing with some different draw formats...
the first sheet is a 32 draw -- compacted.  The second sheet shows how the compaction is done...
The next 3 sheets show some of the cool things you can do with compact draw sections

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwrbPc … sp=sharing

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion

dwightcharles wrote:

Have been playing with some different draw formats...
the first sheet is a 32 draw -- compacted.  The second sheet shows how the compaction is done...
The next 3 sheets show some of the cool things you can do with compact draw sections

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwrbPc … sp=sharing

Very cool design! I hope this can be implemented in the future!