Re: 2014 R2D2 - Little trip into the California Desert - Indian Wells

Table still doesn't work in OpenOffice.  I'll email my picks in a list of names.

EDIT: Actually, I may have found a workaround.  I might be able to submit a table still.

-Arvis

Last edited by Arvis (Mar. 5, 2014 10:37pm)

Does anyone know why the ATP World Tour Draw Challenge Circuit (fantasy tennis with www.atpworldtour.com on all the master 1000's) is not operational?

Seems like you guys have made your own fantasy competition going on. Can I join?!!

Hey Camdawg....you only have 9 more posts to go mate and you will officially become a Yoda Crew member anyway, then you are eligible to compete in ALL our comps.
I'm sure you can post another 9 comments before play begins tomorrow. wink.....and I'm sure we would all love to have you competing with us too. big_smile

2018 - Princess Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Obi Wan R-Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame 2016 - Padme Runner-Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Race Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

DO IT, CAMDAWG

Also, the ATP website has decided not to do a Draw Challenge this year.  Their reason: terminal stupidity.

However, the WTA website has just started their own Draw Challenge.  It's rough (and also locked, so you'll have to wait til Miami to give it a go) but at least it's something.

-Arvis

Yes, they suck. And so does the WTA for the draw challenge.

Qualifiers are available. INcredibly, I don't want to change any of my picks! As crazy as it sounds, the only qualifiers I picked are the only ones that are worth picking IMO. So no change for me! smile

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Seriously? ...

I ...

not like this

2018: Obi Wan, Rey Saber, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Most correct picks Award, Year End #2.
2017: BB-8 Cup, Year End #4.
2016: Padme Cup, Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Leia Tiara, Trophy Case Award, Rey Saber runner up, Year End #3.
2015: Lando Calrissian's Ring, GQ "The Green Anackin".

have ...

No...you will be struck down with a light sabre with one word comments like that Camdawg. wink

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Obi Wan R-Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame 2016 - Padme Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

have ...

to ...

I'm not accepting it the last 5 posts

2018: Obi Wan, Rey Saber, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Most correct picks Award, Year End #2.
2016: Padme Cup, Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Leia Tiara, Trophy Case Award, Rey Saber runner up, Year End #3.

Hey Edu....what's that e-mail address of yours again mate?

Last edited by Tono--2014-Yoda-Cup-Guru (Mar. 6, 2014 4:13am)

edu_edicao@yahoo.com.br

Camdawg, you will have to do 55 posts, at least try to write something useful, we have a lot of threads you can comment on

Click in 'Active Topics' you will see

Last edited by Edu_Anackin (Mar. 6, 2014 4:15am)

Very well. I will give it a go.

So ... how about that Federer and Dimitrov last week?! Loved it! Dimitrov is becoming one of my favorite players. And I was thrilled to see Federer back to his winning ways. Do you guys think he can win a slam this year, maybe Wimbledon or the US Open?

Thanks mate....sent now! smile

Yep, Grigor is surely on his way to the Top 10 I reckon Camdawg, but it may take him a while unless he wins a Masters 1000 that is. wink
As for Fed, well he is looking fit and fantastic, this IW tourney will really tell us where his form is at I think, I would LOVE to see him win one more Slam at least.

Last edited by Tono--2014-Yoda-Cup-Guru (Mar. 6, 2014 4:30am)

that's better smile

Dimitrov is starting to impress me, I really don't know why he didn't like been called 'Baby Federer' I would loved it lol

And Federer can win, never doubt him

I have to admit that I am perplexed that the ATP decided to take down their fantasy tennis. They were getting more and more people entering each time, and if it was a matter of money, they could have done what this site has done and just do away with prizes and play for the fun of it. It's at least a great way to keep some folks following the tennis!!

Camdawg you will find the instructions on the first post of this Indian Wells thread.

Me too, it was a good fantasy, but we have our own now, with a lot of hard work of everybody, we were able to put all this together smile

Haha. It's one of those nicknames which is both flattering and yet condescending all at the same time. I feel like the same thing happened to Federer where he wanted to be known for his own style of play rather than in comparison to someone else, but maybe I am remembering incorrectly. If that's the case, then that would be yet another point of similarity between them both!! "Baby Fed" for life!! big_smile

We should see some good match-ups in this tourney, I have a feeling that there might be a few withdrawals though somewhere along the way. hmm

Edu I have sent you my picks on the XL sheet, all appears to be in order smile....I also sent you a two page copy of the full draw with my picks written in just in case there is any problems, the XL sheet looks to be fine though.

You don't trust excel do you? wink

Is anyone good with html? If we want to do a website for this, we need someone that can take care of the transposition to the web and a great design!

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

dwightcharles wrote:
Adunar wrote:

Yup, this prototype will soon be THE draw sheet over the internet. Then we can create our own website and our own fantasy tennis draw game!

If this works, I suggest we do a "Chewie" comp next year. Playing all 500, 1000 and GS as draw challenges. This would mean 24 event and a very tough competition!

Don't want this to get missed...
I think this is a GREAT idea!  24 event draw challenge!

Ditto...if we can get everybody using XL this comp will be a beauty and very competitive. smile