Topic: 2014 R2D2 - Little trip into the California Desert - Indian Wells

Alright Yoda Crew HERE WE GO!!!

We won't let the ATP stop us from having a great time playing fantasy tennis!

So they can SUCK IT, because this is the new and IMPROVED R2D2 Draw Challenge smile

Visit the main thread for instructions: http://www.grandslamfantasytennis.com/f … nix-crown/

1) After the draw is out, the host will be sending you a table with all the players, you are going to DOWNLOAD A COPY AND RENAME IT WITH YOUR NAME, each column represents one round, so to make your picks you simply need to put the "w" into the cell, for losses leave it blank. ATTENTION: DO NOT CHANGE THE ORDER OF THE NAMES!!! otherwise the formula won't work, the host will try to put the names in same order as the draw. After you're done with your picks you're going to send it to the host (after the host makes his picks off course). Watch the video you will understand better.
2) The host has to send his picks to 2 people, after that the players have to email the host with their picks. In both situations the email with the picks can only be opened after the tournament begins. Once you sent your picks the host won't open it, but he will post the name of the emails he received, just so you know I got it.
3) Once the tournament begins the host will open your emails and put your picks into the spreadsheet, it contains: Standings for each tournament, the year long Standings, Real Results and everyone's picks. This spreadsheet will be available for everybody on this post and will be update it at least once a day.
4) The host will have to choose 2 people to hold his picks and checking them after the tournament begins.
5) As the tournament develops the host will be updating the spreadsheet in a daily bases, putting the wins, and reordering (if necessary) the standings.
6) The name of the qualifiers will be add after the tournament begins, they have a fixed place in the draw, so that won't be a problem. The host and everyone else can change them until the tournament begins (following the same rules of item 2).
7) Lucky Losers: they will replace your pick, no matter what.
8) The points system is: 1,1,2,4,8,12,16

This is the Indian Wells thread, each tournament host will do it's own thread.

We have 9 events (Master 1000), therefore we'll need 9 hosts, and second hosts as well (if the 'starter' host is too busy to do it).

Here is the list so far:

Indian Wells: Edu_Anackin (Adunar)
Miami: Arvis
Monte-Carlo: Dwight
Madrid: ??? (Adunar)
Rome: ??? (Adunar)
Canada: BHP
Cincinnati: Tenis Elbow
Shanghai: Tono
Paris: Adunar

I took the liberty of doing it a table that will make all of ours lives better, take a look and understand it:
http://youtu.be/lSXJ9pFcpTM

My email: edu_edicao@yahoo.com.br

The deadline is next thursday March, 6th 11:00am (GMT -8), 7:00pm (GMT 0) and 4:00pm (GMT -3, for me).
ALL EMAILS AFTER THE DEADLINE WON'T BE ACCEPTED.

This will help you figuring out what time it's in your country:
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/gmt-converter/

The 2 people who will hold on my picks and checking them after the tournament begins is: Adunar and Milo a.k.a. BHP

I'll be posting here all the emails I received, ask me for confirmation. I won't open them, I'll just see the mailer's name and confirm receipt.

I got to tell you guys, it feels much better when we are the ones who organize it smile

GREAT FANTASY TENNIS IS COMING!!!

OK THE DRAW IS OUT!!!!

thanks to Dwight we now have a much much much awesome spreadsheet then the one that I made it, I just gave a little "update" on the design, THANK YOU VERY MUCH DWIGHT smile, here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9l-MH … sp=sharing

Here is what YOU need to do:

1) Open the link, click in 'File' right under 'R2D2' and then click in 'Download'

2) Open the spreadsheet on Excel and make yours picks, you will see that the table is already in the format of the draw. You need to click in the cell (the gray ones) and then you will see a drop down button, click on it and choose a player.

3) After making yours picks, in the bottle of the screen right where it says 'PUT YOUR NAME HERE' double click it and put your name there.

4) Save the file, close it, and open it again just to confirm that the changes you made were saved.

5) Send the file in my email: edu_edicao@yahoo.com.br

6) Post in this thread asking for confirmation of receipt of the email

VIDEO EXPLAINING HOW TO MAKE YOUR PICKS
http://youtu.be/XHjLYgYBDWM

Sorry for everything guys, just a little hiccups for first time ever host

Once I'm done with my picks I'll send it to Adunar and BHP, and only then you will send me your picks.

Ok guys here it is, the Indian Wells spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … sp=sharing

THE ONE THAT GOES GREEN:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9l-MH … sp=sharing

ATTENTION EVERYBODY I'VE MADE THE DRAW GO GREEN!!!!
just one problem, google sheets doesn't open the go green draw, so we'll have two links, one that you can visually it online and the go green draw that you have to download it. I can also make it go red, but only in the end of each round.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Last edited by Edu_Anackin (Mar. 16, 2014 6:52pm)

2018: Obi Wan, Rey Saber, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Most correct picks Award, Year End #2.
2017: BB-8 Cup, Year End #4.
2016: Padme Cup, Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Leia Tiara, Trophy Case Award, Rey Saber runner up, Year End #3.
2015: Lando Calrissian's Ring, GQ "The Green Anackin".

Re: 2014 R2D2 - Little trip into the California Desert - Indian Wells

AWESOME!

You can put the 2nd host into parentheses after the host's name. I can be your 2nd host in Indian Wells Edu, no problem. You can even put me by default as 2nd host for Rome and Madrid as well.

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Well done!  big_smile     I certainly am looking forward to our "little trip into the desert".

16 Wimbledon 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimbledon 14 French Open Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT ROGER!!!!!!

2018: Obi Wan, Rey Saber, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Most correct picks Award, Year End #2.
2016: Padme Cup, Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Leia Tiara, Trophy Case Award, Rey Saber runner up, Year End #3.

Any one know when the draw comes out?
Will we wait for the qualifiers to be named before we can submit?  I travel frequently and sometimes end up in places with no internet connection for days at a time, so I'm worried about tight timelines between draw opening and deadlines.  I got burned on this a number of times on the ATP draw challenge site...

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion, 2018 Big Fat Nothing

The draw comes out in March, 3rd that is the information on the indian wells website
The name of the qualifiers will be add after the tournament begins, they have a fixed place in the draw, so that won't be a problem.

Sounds good!  Thanks for all your work on this Anackin!

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion, 2018 Big Fat Nothing

I'm happy to do it smile

Draw ceremony tonight.. I will be sleeping at that time though. Gonna wake up early tomorrow to study the draw wink

Packing my sunscreen for our little trip into the desert.

12, 13 & 16 King Droid

Can't wait to see the draw! This event looks more unpredictable than usual:

Rafa's back, Novak little doubts, Stan's return from injury, delpo's wrist.

Delpo is playing???!?

Just snooping about IW site and stumbled on the old draws.... Looked at the first draw -- 1976 - wow! totally loaded 64-player draw!

10 slam winners totalling 54 slam titles and a host of (one-time) top 10 players

Laver - 11 slams
Borg - 11 slams
Connors - 8 slams
Rosewall - 8 slams
Newcombe - 7
Ashe - 3
Smith - 2
Nastase - 2
Tanner - 1
Roche - 1

plus top-10 players:
Solomon, Richey, Drysdale, Ralston, Stockton, Riessen, Pecci, Gottfried, Tiriac, Alexander, Ramirez, SMayer

impressive!

tournament eventually won by Connors

Nice snooping Dwight.  Wow, what a draw!  I started playing tennis at 13 in 1976, so all of these names are very familiar to me.  big_smile  Connors and Evert were my favorites and I have a two handed bh because of them.

12, 13 & 16 King Droid

BHP--2012-13-KING-DROID wrote:

Nice snooping Dwight.  Wow, what a draw!  I started playing tennis at 13 in 1976, so all of these names are very familiar to me.  big_smile  Connors and Evert were my favorites and I have a two handed bh because of them.

Both those players were amazing and underestimated in the GOAT debates, imho...

ATTENTION EVERYONE THE DRAW IS OUT

check the thread for instructions

UPDATED

if anyone already downloaded, download it again that one was wrong, the link is correct now

sorry guys

Seems to be an issue with the second semi-final hmm....anyone else having the same problem?
Otherwise it's great, I'll check again later on.

EDIT: Freaky Andy Murray pic Dwight!! lol

Last edited by Tono--2014-Yoda-Cup-Guru (Mar. 4, 2014 11:18pm)

2018 - Princess Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Obi Wan R-Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame 2016 - Padme Runner-Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Race Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Just a note... I goofed on cell g97 (it wants you to pick the first semifinal again...)
to resolve this...
with G97 selected on 'Data' tab, go to 'Data Tools' then 'Data Validation' ... under 'Settings' tab... in the 'Allow' drop down list, select 'list'.  Then in the 'source' box you can select the cells that will form the drop-down list to choose the match winner.   Please type in N4:N5.

sorry...!

The Murray Mullet!!
gotta love it...! smile

So do we need to put W for the BYE rounds Edu or is it not taken into account anyway?

I'm having plenty of cells that are now not offering me a winner option hmm.....we are supposed to click on the grey box and the player options come up Arnaud, unfortunately I'm missing quite a few of them.

Maybe I will just scan and e-mail Anackin my picks when the time comes.

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Obi Wan R-Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame 2016 - Padme Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Okay that's different from what Edu said the other day about the "W"'s... Plus, names aren't all correct in the draw sheet. STOMIN Denis, USA SOCK Jack.. Whatever. So the white cells are useless then.

Yep, the white cells are useless, in theory it should all work similar to the ATP bracket options but it's not unfortunately.

I had a go earlier on my laptop at work and every cell offered the correct thing apart from one, now it seems there is plenty of glitches.

I'm assuming the "W" thing has now gone by the wayside, I'm sure Edu will shed some light on this....I have pretty much made my picks so if I have to scan and e-mail them to Ed then that's what I'll do.

It allowed me to click the drop down and then choose between two players but these were not always correct or there so I copied and pasted the names in when necessary.  I would suggest moving the top headers over to the left one space as the first column is really the first round.  And the last column should say Champion.  But very cool layout which will be a great tool for us.  smile

Last edited by BHP--2012-13-KING-DROID (Mar. 5, 2014 4:24am)

12, 13 & 16 King Droid