Re: 2014 R2D2 Phoenix Crown - A New Hope

Did you guys see this???

http://drawchallenge.wtatennis.com/

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

OMG OMG OMG  Great find AD!  Maybe the WTA is doing it this year instead of the ATP?

Welcome to the WTA Draw Challenge!
Dear backhandpass,

Welcome to the WTA Draw Challenge! We will let you know soon when the draw is open for you to make your picks!

http://drawchallenge.wtatennis.com/

Thank you and good luck!

Last edited by BHP--2012-13-KING-DROID (Mar. 2, 2014 8:42am)

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

Awesome find, Adunar! smile

BHP, did you get the email from the ATP confirming that they will not be doing a draw challenge this year?  I was going to share it, but just assumed everybody got the same email.

I can't imagine that they have any good reason at all for not doing it.

-Arvis

I didn't receive anything Arvis sad . I sent three emails about it though, nevermind.

Hope this fantasy WTA draw competition will be well balanced!

Hopefully it goes forward... I just signed up for it... smile

I see Delbonis won... I'm betting not a lot of people had him in their pool...

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion, 2018 Big Fat Nothing

I did not get a freakin response either.  I sent at least 10 requests.  Please share this kind of stuff Arvis. 
Do not ass-u-me.

**Dwight please read the Amidala Cup thread.

Last edited by BHP--2012-13-KING-DROID (Mar. 2, 2014 6:25pm)

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

I also receive an email from ATP and just 'assume' lol

2018: Obi Wan, Rey Saber, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Most correct picks Award, Year End #2.
2017: BB-8 Cup, Year End #4.
2016: Padme Cup, Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Leia Tiara, Trophy Case Award, Rey Saber runner up, Year End #3.
2015: Lando Calrissian's Ring, GQ "The Green Anackin".

Me three.....looks like Arvis, Edu and me made an "ass" out of "u" and "me!"

I'm guessing they want to save from giving out the big prizes or something, or maybe they now have a solid fan base and are going to come up with a new game, maybe one that covers the whole ATP World Tour. wink

2018 - Princess Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Obi Wan R-Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame 2016 - Padme Runner-Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Race Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Now I'm pissed.  Everyone and their sister got an email from the ATP.

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

You might end up getting 10 e-mails yet BHP....maybe they think you have a BIG gun or something mate.

I really hope there is a silver lining to them dropping the draw challenge, they should have a year round Fantasy comp on the ATP website I reckon, most fans visit there anyway for results etc so it would make sense.

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Obi Wan R-Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame 2016 - Padme Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

So am I waiting on an email with some kind of table in it before I can email my picks to Anackin?

-Arvis

Arvis wrote:

So am I waiting on an email with some kind of table in it before I can email my picks to Anackin?

-Arvis

That's my understanding, too... hopefully that's correct...

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion, 2018 Big Fat Nothing

That's right. Edu will send you an e-mail witht he draw sheet and you will fill it up with your wins ("W"'s) and send it back to him wink

Did the draw come out already? It is not on the website

Last edited by Edu_Anackin (Mar. 4, 2014 2:49pm)

2018: Obi Wan, Rey Saber, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Most correct picks Award, Year End #2.
2016: Padme Cup, Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Leia Tiara, Trophy Case Award, Rey Saber runner up, Year End #3.

Edu_Anackin wrote:

Did the draw come out already? It is not on the website

I think they start making it at 3 pm PST today... so not out yet...

That's right, 3 pm PST, 11 pm GMT, midnight for me...

As soon as it comes out I'll put the draw into to the table and send to google drive so you can download it, you will only send it back to me once I email my picks to Adunar and BHP

Last edited by Edu_Anackin (Mar. 4, 2014 3:03pm)

What are you emails Adunar and BHP?

looking forward to this...

milomilo3@hotmail.com

Last edited by BHP--2012-13-KING-DROID (Mar. 4, 2014 3:26pm)

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

Hi everyone !
Posting from France for the first time here. I was looking for an alternative way to keep playing the Draw Challenge (I still don't understand why it has been stopped by the ATP website, I've been playing it for three years !) and fortunately I found your forum, which actually seems pretty cool.
Indian Wells is about to begin now and I can't wait anymore to have a look and analyse the draw to do some predictions (it'll come out around midnight for me) =P

Can anyone explain me what I'm supposed to do to take part in it (I've already read the front page instructions, but I don't want to make a mistake). Here is the mail I'll use to participate (I hope it's still time to do so) : saugrin.ghislain@neuf.fr

Hi Betclik,

nice to see another french speaker around here (i'm from Switzerland).

You will find a small but dedicated to tennis community here. We come from all around the world (USA, Canada, New Zealand, Serbia, Brazil, Switzerland, England.. hopefully I don't forget anyone).

We play a couple different fantasy tennis game. We used to play the ATP draw challenge, we play the GSFT competition of this website, we play the FTT competition (fantasytennistour.com) as well as the topelican wta fantasy tennis game. Now we're also into the WTA draw challenge. We have our private leagues in every single of these competitions which means we have rankings, stats for our small group of players. We call ourselves the "Yoda Crew" ;9 . You will find a certain starwars pattern around here for the competitions' nicknames.

Here on th forums, we like to discuss a lot about everyday ATP matches, predictions, stats, strategies for different games..etc.

If Edu agrees to take you on board then we're glad to welcome you. For all our different competitions, you will need to reach 50 posts in these forums in order to be invited. But that will be fast if you're into it.

Looks like we might get a few ATP bracket players keen to join us huh. wink

You have to make 50 posts in the threads on GSFT first Betclik, this group of ours is known as the Yoda Crew and we run several different Fantasy Tennis comps throughout the year.

Maybe you could still make a bracket and run it as a ghost draw alongside those of us in the R2D2 Phoenix Crown, what do you all think guys????....rules are rules but is there some way Betclik could have some fun in the Indian Wells tourney without being a qualified member of the Yoda Crew?

EDIT: Beat me to it eh Arnaud, you forgot Australia mate. wink....it would be cool to have a Frenchman on board in Yoda. big_smile

Last edited by Tono--2014-Yoda-Cup-Guru (Mar. 4, 2014 4:11pm)

I think that if he's eager to post here in the future and play with us, it would be a shame to force him to miss the first event and lose any contention for the final R2D2 crown... wink

I say the more the merrier.

I'm ok with that Arnaud....if the guys are all in favour of course, no exceptions for the Yoda Cup and the Vader Trophy though obviously. wink

Yep, no exception for the other competitions. But since we are just starting tat R2D2 Phoenix crown, I hope everyone agrees smile