Topic: 2014 R2D2 Phoenix Crown - A New Hope

Alright Yoda Crew HERE WE GO!!!

We won't let the ATP stop us from having a great time playing fantasy tennis!

So they can SUCK IT, because this is the new and IMPROVED R2D2 Draw Challenge smile

This is the main thread, each tournament host will do it's own thread. Here you will find the general rules and the year long standings.

We have 9 events (Master 1000), therefore we'll need 9 hosts, and second hosts as well (if the 'starter' host is too busy to do it).

Here is the list so far:

Indian Wells: Edu_Anackin (Adunar)
Miami: Arvis (Edu_Anackin)
Monte-Carlo: Dwight (Adunar)
Madrid: Dwight (BHP)
Rome: Dwight
Canada: Adunar (Edu_Anackin)
Cincinnati: Tennis Elbow
Shanghai: Tono
Paris: Adunar

I took the liberty of doing it a table that will make all of ours lives better, take a look and understand it:
http://youtu.be/lSXJ9pFcpTM

1) After the draw is out, the host will be sending you a table with all the players, you are going to DOWNLOAD A COPY AND RENAME IT WITH YOUR NAME, each column represents one round, so to make your picks you simply need to put the "w" into the cell, for losses leave it blank. ATTENTION: DO NOT CHANGE THE ORDER OF THE NAMES!!! otherwise the formula won't work, the host will try to put the names in same order as the draw. After you're done with your picks you're going to send it to the host (after the host makes his picks off course). Watch the video you will understand better.

2) The host has to send his picks to 2 people, after that the players have to email the host with their picks. In both situations the email with the picks can only be opened after the tournament begins. Once you sent your picks the host won't open it, but he will post the name of the emails he received, just so you know I got it.

3) Once the tournament begins the host will open your emails and put your picks into the spreadsheet, it contains: Standings for each tournament, the year long Standings, Real Results and everyone's picks. This spreadsheet will be available for everybody on this post and will be update it at least once a day.

4) The host will have to choose 2 people to hold his picks and checking them after the tournament begins.

5) As the tournament develops the host will be updating the spreadsheet in a daily bases, putting the wins, and reordering (if necessary) the standings.

6) The name of the qualifiers will be add after the tournament begins, they have a fixed place in the draw, so that won't be a problem. The host and everyone else can change them until the tournament begins (following the same rules of item 2).

7) Lucky Losers: they will replace your pick, no matter what.

8) I'll be helping the future hosts how to deal with the table

9) Any questions? Anything I forgot to mention it?

Prizes:

Indian Wells - Diamond
Miami - Emerald (for the green ocean waters)
Madrid - Amber
Monte-Carlo - Lapis Lazuli (blue green for the ocean waters)
Rome - Amethyst (ancient greeks wore it)
Toronto - Pearl
Cincinnati - Opal
Shanghai - Ruby
Paris - Sapphire  (blue indoor courts)

Participants and number of tournaments played:

Adunar - 9
Arvis - 9
Betclick - 5
BHP - 9
Camdawg - 4
Dwight - 8
Edu_Anackin - 9
Jamie - 9
Johny - 9
MIKETM732 - 2
Thexc - 2
Tono - 9
Hundredtennisstats - 3

SEASON RANKINGS

I got to tell you guys, it feels much better when we are the ones who organize it smile

GREAT FANTASY TENNIS IS COMING!!!

Last edited by Edu_Anackin (Nov. 5, 2014 9:04am)

2018: Obi Wan, Rey Saber, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Most correct picks Award, Year End #2.
2017: BB-8 Cup, Year End #4.
2016: Padme Cup, Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Leia Tiara, Trophy Case Award, Rey Saber runner up, Year End #3.
2015: Lando Calrissian's Ring, GQ "The Green Anackin".

Re: 2014 R2D2 Phoenix Crown - A New Hope

LOL I like the R2D2 - THE ATP SUCKS

Great work putting this all together Anackin, we can all look forward to competing for the R2D2 Crown once again. smile

I like the 2014 R2D2 Phoenix Crown or the R2D2 Phoenix Crown 2014, whichever way round sounds better......seems to fit well with the competition being reborn and all, I'm assuming the season winner will still be called the King Droid though?

Last edited by Tono--2014-Yoda-Cup-Guru (Feb. 27, 2014 3:32pm)

2018 - Princess Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Obi Wan R-Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame 2016 - Padme Runner-Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Race Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Thanks Tono, and yes King Droid

2018: Obi Wan, Rey Saber, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Most correct picks Award, Year End #2.
2016: Padme Cup, Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Leia Tiara, Trophy Case Award, Rey Saber runner up, Year End #3.

This is really amazing.  Very impressive, guys.  I'll try to help wherever I can, but my schedule doesn't offer me much free time.

-Arvis

Cool. Please note Tono is spelling Phoenix correctly.

2018 Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Year End #3
2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup

You spotted that I see Jamie, must be the teacher coming out in ya eh mate. wink

We need to try and get confirmed numbers now I reckon Anackin, I'm definitely in and I'm sure those who have posted here or commented in the ATP bracket thread will be too....not sure whether Don will be keen but maybe a quick e-mail to the entire Yoda Crew wouldn't go amiss so they all know it's happening.

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Obi Wan R-Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame 2016 - Padme Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

I already post a message in Yoda cup league, but if have any other way to warn them, please do it

Please don't forget to vote for name smile

TennisElbow wrote:

Cool. Please note Tono is spelling Phoenix correctly.

Sorry Edu, my bad.  I spelled it wrong originally (and I even Googled it) and you just copied what I wrote.

R2D2 PHOENIX CROWN 2014  big_smile  - Rising from the ashes of the ATP Draw Challenge

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

I love it BHP....SOLD!! big_smile

I'm in!

re name:  I suggest,
R2D2 - A New Hope
in honour of the original movie.

I volunteer to host Monte Carlo.

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion, 2018 Big Fat Nothing

Glad you're in Dwight.

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

Looking forward to it! smile
So this is basically replacing the ATP 1000 draw challenge?

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion, 2018 Big Fat Nothing

Yes Dwight, we don't need them lol smile

Thanks for doing this, Edu! Great job!

R2D2 PHOENIX CROWN 2014

I'll read every detail and tell you what I think and if you need to change anything later on in the day wink

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Just read the whole thing, perfect. I'd rather put the 2) point as 1) and 1) as 2) for chronological reasons.

Also, I would replace you're "I" be the host if you want to make it general for every Masters 1000.

I have another suggestion: Each R2D2 PHOENIX CROWN 2014 event should have it's own thread with a cool name. Example for the Indian Wells tournament: R2D2: little trip in the Californian desert.

I'ts just an idea. This thread would be the main thread for the overall competition and each single event would have its own thread and therefore rankings, results. I think it would be way easier to go back to every tournament then smile

And I would just liek to add one thing: Excel isn't capital sensitive. This means you can either put "w" or "W" in yourdraw sheet and it won't change a thing. Just that you know wink

Ok, I'll fix it later (sorry, first time coming in doing it a new thread).
I actually thought of that too, one thread for each tournament sounds more organized

I'll fix it all and post it here, thanks for the tips Adunar

No problemo! Glad I could help.

I suggest the host creates the thread for its own event. For the 2nd host, I think it could be nice if it was someone in the timezone of the event or someone in another timezone than the host, that way results can be updated more often smile

I'd me gald to be 2nd host for either Madrid or Rome... or both if needed.

One second thought, I would like to switch to Cincinnati as Miami starts on my Birthday and I have a few other
things happening that week.  Will someone please take the great city of Miami?  smile

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

Well, maybe Arvis or Johnny?

I'm glad to be nd host if needed! I can host it but I won't be able to update scores during playing as I will be sleeping. I can do it if nobody wants.

Alright the post is updated, and here is Indian Wellls'

http://www.grandslamfantasytennis.com/f … 63/#p14563

You can put the 2nd host into parentheses after the host's name. I can be your 2nd host in Indian Wells Edu, no problem. You can even put me by default as 2nd host for Rome and Madrid as well.

I think DwightCharles proposed to be host in Monte-Carlo up there.

dwightcharles wrote:

re name:  I suggest,
R2D2 - A New Hope
in honour of the original movie.

This is at least a million times better than any of our other names, and it is a travesty that nobody has even commented on it.

Also, I can volunteer for Miami.  Once I see how IW goes, I shouldn't have too much trouble.

-Arvis