Topic: Tennis Channel Brackets

Chivalrous Wookie Medal
http://www.tourneytopia.com/RacquetBrac … fault.aspx

Princess Leia Tiara
http://www.tourneytopia.com/RacquetBrac … fault.aspx

Since the idiotic Tennis Channel site doesn't have links to the pools, it'll be good to have these links on hand here in the forum.

-Arvis

Re: Tennis Channel Brackets

Day 1

Wookie: 15 points
Leia: 12 or 10 points

I guess I should delete one of my two Leia entries.
Is everyone ok with me deleting all of their OLDER dupe entires in Leia?  I just deleted mine, with leaves me with 10 points instead of 12.

-Arvis

Last edited by Arvis (Jan. 13, 2014 12:10pm)

What is this Tono? You get to make 2 women's brackets? Oooooo, someone is special ;-)

I'm afraid to look at mine.  Was hoping some of that US Open magic would transfer to AO but I took some big hits day one.

Ok just looked and my men's side score is horrible. I thought it would have been my women's. But they haven't updated their brackets either.

Also - crazy seeing our real names.

Yep, didn't think that through when I was signing up. Now my cover is blown ;-)

Another huge oversight on Tennis Channel's part.  Really, I couldn't be less happy with them right now.  Probably their fault that Kvitova lost.

-Arvis

Day 2 -

Wookie: 47, Ranked 332/7799 (top 4%)
Leia: 43, Ranked 1788/5411 (top 33%)

If nobody says anything by tomorrow, I am going to delete all duplicate entries with older dates from Leia.

-Arvis

Last edited by Arvis (Jan. 14, 2014 5:35pm)

Day 4-

Wookie: 88, Ranked 2485 (top 32%) -- I can only assume this precipitous drop is due to Janowicz and Robredo.
Leia: 83, Ranked 1307 (top 24%) -- Alison Riske in the 2nd round looks to be the only pick that could have gotten me this rankings boost.

Also, I have changed it to where we can't see everyone's full names in the Standings.  Everyone, please feel free to post your results here in this thread.

-Arvis

Middle of the road in both brackets for me so far....I see you have changed mine and Arnaud's name's to include a sauce eh Arvis...LOL!

2021 AO Yoda Cup, 2020 Supreme Jedi UFTR No.1, Lord Vader 2018 Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme , BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Tono, I had to input a First and Last name for you guys, so I just typed in what came off the top of my head. big_smile

Day 5-

Wookie: 100, Ranked 3647, barely inside the Top 50%.  I am assuming it's my Vaseline and Chardy picks that are responsible for my drop.

Leia: 95, Ranked 1489, Top 30%.  Didn't really have any good or bad picks yesterday.  Got red from Robson, Errani, Lisicki, and Kvitova, all of whom are in spots in the draw that most people got wrong.

-Arvis

Last edited by Arvis (Jan. 17, 2014 2:14pm)

Well, I'm not sure I will play these Brackets all year long. Didn't have much time to do it and I don't even check it every day.

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Yeah I agree with you Arnaud, I will probably always quickly make a bracket still but Yoda, FTT and R2D2 take priority, but I will try and remember to make picks for Wookie, Leia and the Nabbo Cup too.

2013 - Guru Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

A lack of Adunar Awesomesauce or Tono Terrificsauce will make these competitions sad.

I know the tennis channel site sucks, but it's still fun to do a 128-players Bracket.  You don't ever really get those, and even though they get overshadowed by Yoda, I do wish that there was more participation.  Brackets are SO different from Fantasy Teams.  Those of us who are struggling in one can still hang on to hope in another.

-Arvis

Well you know I am with you Arvis.  I had trouble and had to create the brackets over and over because I had created the Main League draws first and I could not get them to transfer over.  And I like all of my brackets to be the same so that is driving me a little nuts.

20 Queen Droid & BB-8 Cup Wimbledon 14 US Open Yoda Cup16 Wimbledon 14 French Open Alpha Cup12, 13 & 16
King Droid 15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

It's ok Arvis....Tono the TerrificSauce will try and keep things spicy in the TCB mate. wink

Here was me celebrating Grigor's victory over Milos in Yoda, and then I checked my Wookie bracket only to remember I forgot to edit my Raonic pick, bugger!! hmm

Last edited by Tono--2014-Yoda-Cup-Guru (Jan. 18, 2014 1:27am)

Day 8

Wookie: 143
Leia: 123

I'm out of the Top 50% in both.  But if some things go my way, I could jump back up in Wookie.  My Leia bracket is almost done, though.

-Arvis

I am going to wait until they update today then I'll finally look at mine and update here. Ain't gonna be pretty I'm sure.

Wookie:158 pts, 944 out of 7799 - top 12%

Leia: 151 pts, 166 of 5411 - top 3%

Not as bad as I thought but I'm only going to drop from here.

I'm going to punch you, Mike.  "Well, this is going to be ugly.  Oh, Top 3%?  Eh, that's fine I guess. *punched in the face a million times*"

In other words: congrats, you're doing amazing! big_smile

-Arvis

LOL Arvis!! I know - I might have been a bit extreme in how I thought I was doing. I only have Vika moving forward in Leia so in my head I was finished. But thanks.

I believe BHP is doing even better.

Congrats to Eduardo on winning the Wookie bracket, nice work Ed. smile

And congrats also to BHP on winning the bracket in Leia, wear that Tiara well Milo. wink

Yep, very well done, guys! big_smile

-Arvis

Thanks!  Eduardo gets a Wookie Medal and I'll stash the jeweled Tiara for a rainy day.  LOL wink

20 Queen Droid & BB-8 Cup Wimbledon 14 US Open Yoda Cup16 Wimbledon 14 French Open Alpha Cup12, 13 & 16
King Droid 15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

Thanks guys, at least I get a Wookie Medal to comfort myself from the 10th place in Yoda. Congrats BHP on the Princess Leia Tiara

2019: AO Yoda Cup, Obi Wan, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Performance of the Year, Year End #3
2018: Obi Wan, Rey Saber, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Most correct picks Award, Year End #2.
2017: BB-8 Cup, Year End #4. 2016: Padme Cup, RG Yoda Cup, Leia Tiara, Trophy Case Award, Rey Saber runner up, Year End #3.
2015: Lando Calrissian's Ring, GQ "The Green Anackin".