Re: The 2014 Australian Open starts soon...

Such a great guy, Stan. Playing Davis Cup right after this tremendous effort. You've got to love the guy.

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Absolutely right.  Tough competitor, a beast on the court, wonderful human being all the time.  How can you NOT love the guy???

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

He is pretty dang awesome!!!! Really hoping he can win this thing!
GO STANISLAS GO!!!!!!!

If it can't be Rafa, then by all means, let it be Stan.  In fact, if it's a Rafa/Stan final, I think I'll just cheer for both of them playing as close to perfect tennis as is humanly possible.  Then let the rest take care of itself!!!

guys any opinion 'bout today's FEDAL encounter? Nadal's got a blister in his playing hand, Federer's playing extremely good compared to his age. It's good that the bigger head-size has helped play more winners and endure lesser Unforced errors. i just hope it doesn't rain at Melbourne today otherwise Federer's oppressive technique will work seamlessly since the weather will not be interrupting. At the other hand, Nadal struggled against Nishikori and Dimitrov; he had to duck back behind the baseline and had to play a trillion of slices to frustrate the errors out of his opponents. If Nadal plays with such a compromise against Federer, he should forget about winning the title. Plus the courts this time are faster and the conditions might revert to that of Indoors' if it rains.

my prediction :- Nadal bt. Federer in 4 hyper-exceding [that ain't a term actually, lol] sets

Key for Nadal to pocket the victory = ** % of points won on the 1st serve
                                                      ** Playing from well inside the court and play minimum trash-shots like slice
                                                           slices and all.
                                                      ** Needs to Attack Federer's backhand and make Federer doubt his most
                                                           powerful accolade he has had this AO.
                                                      ** Master an equally good backhand during the match.

Key for Federer to rout Nadal = ** % of points won on return of 1st and 2nd serve.
                                              ** Covert on maximum no. of break-points earned.
                                              ** Attack Nadal's backhand and try to force Nadal into defensive play.
                                              ** Needs to have an almost perfect net-game this time around since Nadal is
                                                   good at passing shots.
                                              ** Needs to have a good start, i.e probably win 1st set, and consolidate on his
                                                   good start.

IT'S THE SUAVE ARTIST VS THE GRUMPY RENEGADE. Who are you betting on??

Don--2013-Yoda-Cup-Guru wrote:

If it can't be Rafa, then by all means, let it be Stan.  In fact, if it's a Rafa/Stan final, I think I'll just cheer for both of them playing as close to perfect tennis as is humanly possible.  Then let the rest take care of itself!!!

You got your wish but it's a shame it never materialized into a great match.

20 Queen Droid & BB-8 Cup Wimbledon 14 US Open Yoda Cup16 Wimbledon 14 French Open Alpha Cup12, 13 & 16
King Droid 15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

I think Li Na and Wawrinka will win! :D

I think Li Na and Wawrinka will win! :D