Re: Skywalker GSFT Rankings

Well, nt completely manually in fact. Only the men's&women's columns for each slams (8 columns) the rest adds up wink

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

I just realized something.  In 2012, I finished runner-up in Vader.  In 2013, I finished runner-up in R2D2.  The Yoda Guru Race is like the only competition left for me to get runner-up in!

But I'll need to do a lot better than I am doing right now if I want THAT dubious honor.

-Arvis

Personally I don't think there's anything dubious about that honor.  But I guess to be sure, you'd have to ask Arnaud or Dragan!

As Roger said: I care about the #1 spot. After that, I don't really care.

Spoken like a guy who is still hurting, just a little bit, from that last match loss in New York eh Arnaud. wink

If I can't defend my Yoda Cup Guru title then I would gladly take the runner-up prize.....although I'd prefer not to have to lose on the final match of the GS season though.

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year
2012 - Lord Vader, 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Honestly, doesn't hurt now. It hurt at the end of the match, a day after end then gone. My main focus is and has always been on FTT so there's no time for grief after a Yoda Cup as the season goes on with the FTt competition.

I was just citing Roger in a interview at the WTF when questioned about his lowest ranking in ten years, nothing to do with the RU Guru effort wink

It seems I can't manage to find the right 17-32 on hard courts. By the way, my goal in the Yoda Comp this year is to win Yoda Cups. If that allows be to be in contention for the Guru title then that's bonus wink

I know Arnaud, I was just winding ya up mate, and that is the beauty of being involved in more than one comp eh, forces you to move on and take it on the chin and focus on the next challenge.

I have the same goal as you mate, try and win individual Yoda Cup comps, and if that has me in contention for Guru honours again come New York time, then even better. smile

The 17-32 seeds have been a bit of a headache in Melbourne really, we had arguably the best of them all (Kohli) withdraw, then we had Robredo, Simon, Jerzy and Mr Anderson all supposedly carrying minor injuries into the event which made the decision on who to pick in the men even tougher....I probably would have picked Anderson if he had got through more early season matches but didn't wanna risk it.

The women had many options again, as is usually the case, I actually thought Filpkens was a good choice for you but I didn't bank on Dellacqua producing the goods, Bouchard was always going to be a shot at bonus points I thought, and so too Makarova but you had to risk a -16 with her first match against Venus....and then we had the likes of Pav, Cibulkova, Stosur, Flavia and Safarova, among others....I think it was tough this time to narrow it down.

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year

Nice, concise analysis of the challenge we faced, Tony.

I'm not sure that I could have put together a competitive team even if I had not been delirious with fever.  I was always going to take Kohli, no matter what.  I probably would have avoided Janowicz and Kuznetsova if I hadn't been out of my mind.  I would never have taken Mayer or Makarova, though.  I think I might well have taken Pennetta.  Probably would have.    But that wouldn't have been enough to be competitive.  Maybe, had I lit on Robredo instead of Janowicz, but I'm not at all sure I'd have done that. 

Oh, well.  You take your lumps, pick yourself up, & move on.

Don--2013-Yoda-Cup-Guru wrote:

For some reason that cheered me up a little.  Thanks. smile

Now I just have to not look at the Yoda leaderboards for the next 10 days.

-Arvis

Don--2013-Yoda-Cup-Guru wrote:

Nice, concise analysis of the challenge we faced, Tony.

I'm not sure that I could have put together a competitive team even if I had not been delirious with fever.  I was always going to take Kohli, no matter what.  I probably would have avoided Janowicz and Kuznetsova if I hadn't been out of my mind.  I would never have taken Mayer or Makarova, though.  I think I might well have taken Pennetta.  Probably would have.    But that wouldn't have been enough to be competitive.  Maybe, had I lit on Robredo instead of Janowicz, but I'm not at all sure I'd have done that. 

Cheers Don, and you are definitely spot on saying that we all have to "take our lumps, pick ourselves up and move on."

I just took a look at the updated Power Rankings and I see that Eduardo has snuck up into 5th equal with Charles, the young Brazilian is starting to show his stuff in Yoda now eh.

BHP continues to be Mr Consistency at No.2, Milo really needs to get that monkey off his back and win a Yoda Cup title soon though, otherwise the nickname of the Woz might stick until then. wink

Nothing wrong with having some Woz.

Arvis wrote:

I just realized something.  In 2012, I finished runner-up in Vader.  In 2013, I finished runner-up in R2D2.  The Yoda Guru Race is like the only competition left for me to get runner-up in!

But I'll need to do a lot better than I am doing right now if I want THAT dubious honor.

-Arvis

What are Vader and R2D2, besides Star Wars references? Are there any others? I need a key.

2016 Yoda Cup Guru
2015 USO Yoda Cup Champion
2014 AO Yoda Cup Champion

Vader is the FTT league for the Yoda Crew. Do you play Fantasy Tennis Tour Wimby?

2018 Roland Garros Yoda Cup
2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup 2013 Winner of Fantasy Tennis Tour

Yes, I think so. I just signed up a couple weeks ago.

2016 Yoda Cup Guru

Vader - http://www.fantasytennistour.com/dashboard/
R2D2 - ATP Challenge - though I can not seem to access the main page.  It takes me right to the ATP main page instead?

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

That's scary, BHP.  I have sent them an email about this just now.

-Arvis

Wimbledonut wrote:

Yes, I think so. I just signed up a couple weeks ago.

Did you click on the Vader link I sent to you Wimby?.....it doesn't look like it yet because we still don't see you in the Vader League....the Fantasy Tennis Tour and the Vader Trophy comp are separate competitions, you have to make picks in both competitions....click on that link and join us mate, even though you will obviously be disadvantaged now that you have missed the January tourneys. hmm

Tono, can you resend the link?

2016 Yoda Cup Guru

Tono, nevermind. I found it. I can't do anything now in the league. It's closed for picks.

2016 Yoda Cup Guru

Yep it sure is, we can't have you gaining an advantage by picking Grigor now can we Wimby. wink

Just make you picks for the next ATP tourney and you will become part of the Dark Side mate.

Skywalker rankings and Guru race points are in this thread too guys. smile

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … lMGc#gid=0

Last edited by Tono--2014-Yoda-Cup-Guru (Jun. 2, 2014 10:41pm)

Quick question Arnaud....is the order we are in on the left hand side how we started the season in 2014?....if so then it's easy to see the movers and shakers in Skywalker, and if not then that might be a good improvement to start next season with.

Edu and Mike have broken into the Top 5 of the Skywalker GSFT rankings, BHP maintains his high ranking proving that a Yoda Cup win is just around some corner soon perhaps, Don has had a fall from grace but that is to be expected due to his AO and RG results....Wimbo, Johnny, JG and TE will obviously improve their positions once they complete a full Yoda Cup season....cool stats thanks Ad. smile

Ok it's time for some gloating since I'm sitting on top!! big_smile
I'm still going to be the No.1 seed heading into Wimbledon then eh wink....nice to know I have racked up the most points in both sections of the draw in the last four Slams, and I currently lead all points scored for women in 2014 too, albeit narrowly from Mike, Dragan and OZ. (that might change after RG I think)...Wimbo is the clear leader in the most men's points scored category this year so far and that result is giving him the lead in the Guru race, gotta love the stats!! smile

Those stats suggest I was due for a letdown at RG so hopefully that is now out of my system and it will be onwards and upwards at SW19.

Last edited by Tono--2014-Yoda-Cup-Guru (Jun. 2, 2014 11:11pm)

The ranking on the left side is the updated Skywalker GSFT Rankings for all 4 slams, including the one being played. The Guru Race is on the right.

Yeah I realise that Ad, I wanted to know whether the order of our names on the left hand side was the order of the standings at the start of the year that's all, because there has been obvious movement.