Topic: Tennis Channel Bracket

Ok, so I know a lot of people don't like the Tennis Channel brackets, but since we have no Wookie Medal anymore, it's really the only option for doing a bracket format for this grand slam.  So I went ahead and made some Private Pools for us.  Hope some of you join me, brackets are fun and will make the first rounds mean more! smile

Ok, I don't know how, but I managed to delete all the information.  I am having all kinds of technical difficulty.
Be warned, Tennis Channel made a revamed site for the brackets, so it's pretty buggy.  I am about to go through my women's bracket a second time.

Here we go again:

Men: http://racquetbracketmens.tennischannel.com
Group: Wookie Revival Medal?
password: yoda4ever

Women: http://racquetbracketwomens.tennischannel.com
Group: Princess Leia Tiara
password yoda4ever

Platinum Wookie Medal (AO)
Wolmas - 270 (74%)
Tono - 267 (74%)
Adunar - 266 (74%)
Don - 264 (74%)
BHP - 233 (74%)
Arvis - 226 (71%)

Platinum Princess Leia Tiara (AO)
Don - 171 (68%)
Tono - 164 (65%)
Arvis - 156 (65%)
BHP - 153 (57%)
Mike - 149 (65%)
Adunar - 146 (57%)

Emerald Wookie Medal (Wimbledon)
1    Noel Constant    215
2    Adunar7        211
3    backhandpass    194
4    MIKETM732    175
5    Arvis            169
6    Dropshot Kings    164

Emerald Princess Leia Tiara (Wimbledon)
1    Dropshot Kings    112
2    Adunar7        112
3    Arvis            111
4    Tono            106
5    MIKETM732    104
6    backhandpass    103

Diamond Wookie Medal (US)
-results to come-

Diamond Princess Leia Tiara (US)
-results to come-

-Arvis

Last edited by Arvis (Aug. 27, 2013 10:57am)

Re: Tennis Channel Bracket

Good on ya Arvis! big_smile....I'm in, got a busy day ahead of me today but I'm sure I will get plenty of time to complete my Wookie & Leia brackets over the weekend. wink

2021 AO Yoda Cup, 2020 Supreme Jedi UFTR No.1, Lord Vader 2018 Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme , BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Very nice Arvis. I'll complete those two draws and see what will happen. Thanks for the reminder Arvis smile

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

I've completed the draws but need to join your two leagues.

20 Queen Droid & BB-8 Cup Wimbledon 14 US Open Yoda Cup16 Wimbledon 14 French Open Alpha Cup12, 13 & 16
King Droid 15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

I'm in both leagues.  I have little confidence in my early round picks.  Lots of deviations from the statistical norm in my women's draw.

Let's do this thing, gentlemen! smile

-Arvis

I've submitted mine. Thanks Arvis!!

Ok, after Day 1, the rankings look like this:

Wookie Revival Medal (Men's):
Adunar - 26
Don - 22
Tono - 20
Arvis - 20
Mike - 0 <-- not sure what happened here

Princess Leia Tiara:
Tono - 25
Don - 25
Mike - 24
Arvis - 24
Adunar - 19

I made a few changes to my men's bracket, but they didn't go through (changed Goffin to Verdasco).  Alas.

This is shaping up to be a tight race, especially on the women's side so far!  Incidentally, The Princess Leia Tiara is currently showing as the #1 Private Pool on the site.  STEP IT UP, ADUNAR!

-Arvis

Last edited by Arvis (Jan. 14, 2013 2:02pm)

Wow,  looks like my picks never got saved on the men's side. Don't know how that happened.  Sucks!!

You know, Mike, I was worried about that, because my men's changes never got saved and I noticed you didn't post that you had finished your men's picks til after I already tried to change mine.  Sorry man.  But you're holding it down in the Tiara like a real princess, man!

-Arvis

Lol. I try.  I've had nothing but trouble with this new system on TC. Can't switch between men's and women's sides. Had to restart my picks a few times.  I'm pissed because I know I double checked that my picks were there since I had so much trouble. Oh well. Had a few losses already anyway.

I submitted to join the  Wookie Revival Medal? and the Princess Leia Tiara, please let me in Arvis. 

Mens: 25 points
Womens:  22 points

20 Queen Droid & BB-8 Cup Wimbledon 14 US Open Yoda Cup16 Wimbledon 14 French Open Alpha Cup12, 13 & 16

After Day 2, the numbers look like this:

Wookie Medal:
BHP - 49
Don - 48
Tono - 48
Adunar - 48
Wolmas - 47
Arvis - 45

Princess Leia Tiara:
Tono - 46
Mike - 44
Don - 44
Arvis - 43
Adunar - 37
BHP - 37

Princess Leia Tiara is still the #1 Private Pool in the world after Day 2.  Adunar and BHP really need to step up their effort if we're going to maintain our position!

-Arvis

I'm kind of amazed to find out how good people are at picking men's tennis (we're not even top 20) and how bad they are at picking women's tennis. 

I thought I was having a bad tourney with my picks, especially on the women's side, yet here we are at the top (second, actually, with our 41.833 average, which is higher than the 41.5 average of the team in first).  Fascinating.

Well, this is weird.  We have a 47.5 average on the men's side, which should be good enough for us to be ranked 3rd on the men's side, but we're not listed.  What's up with that???

Last edited by Don---2013-Yoda-Cup-Guru (Jan. 15, 2013 12:31pm)

Go Leia!! I was thinking the same thing Don. I think that the women's game has so many more unknown players to most people. Still wish i was helping you out in the men's. Sorry.

I see the problem now.  We would be ranked 3rd among the men's pools, but Mike is a member of the group and has 0 points, which brings our average WAY down, which is why we're not even top 20.  Thus it turns out people are NOT so great at picking men's tennis as I thought for a minute.  I feel better now.

Last edited by Don---2013-Yoda-Cup-Guru (Jan. 15, 2013 12:47pm)

wink

Last edited by Adunar (Jan. 15, 2013 1:53pm)

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Ahh!! Kick my ass OUT!! or do I have to leave the groyp myself.

It's OK, Mike.  Don't worry about it, bro.  They shouldn't count members who aren't participating anyway.  I consider it a glitch.

But I do find it comforting to know that our little group is, at the beginning of the year, so far, 1st in women's & 3rd in men's "in the world" as Arvis likes to say.  Not bad.  I like it.   ;-D

I consider the GSFT overall combined champion to be the World Champion of fantasy tennis for that event, so far be it from me to disagree with Arvis.

Last edited by Don---2013-Yoda-Cup-Guru (Jan. 15, 2013 1:34pm)

We are simply the best.  smile

I have sent an e-mail through the Racquet Bracket site complaining about their averaging in Mike's 0.  I made the argument that it is unfair to those who made picks to factor in zeros, that when for whatever reason a member of a pool fails to make picks, the pool average should be determined by the scores of the players who did make picks divided by how many of them there actually are in that particular event. 

Why should all the members of a pool suffer because one of them was in the hospital or at a wedding or the damn computer wouldn't work right or whatever life threw at them that caused them not to participate in a tournament???  What the hell is up with that???  That's worse than visiting the sins of the great grandparents on the current generation.  It's a matter of simple fairness as well as common sense. 

It occurs to me now that this way of doing things also would encourage people to join any time during the year rather than penalizing them for not joining at the beginning of the year.  All they have to do is only count those who actually participated in that particular slam.

I would like some backup e-mails going to them if you agree with me.  Thanks.

Last edited by Don---2013-Yoda-Cup-Guru (Jan. 15, 2013 2:03pm)

I will send an email.

I suppose I should clarify: The Princess Leia Tiara is the #1 Tennis Channel Private Pool in the world. smile
It's an international competition, open to all with internet access, and we're #1!
Everyone with a brain knows GSFT's Yoda Cup is THE MOST prestigious fantasy tennis competition in the world.

I'll give it a little bit of time and see if we can get a response from Tennis Channel about Mike's score.  And then I'll see about removing him temporarily from the Wookie Medal.

-Arvis

Problem with removing him temporarily, Arvis, is that when he comes back, he will still be carrying that 0 for this tournament with him.  So he's screwed & so are we if we keep him unless they change the rules.

So change the rules they must.

Hm... crap.  I thought that they would only track scores by Slam, not keep track of group points all year.
Then again, it would be cooler if they tracked it all year.

Also, I can't see any way of removing Mike from the group on my own.

After Day 3, the points look like this:

Wookie Revival Medal?
Don - 74 (living up to his Guru status so far!)
BHP - 71
Tono - 70
Arvis - 69
Wolmas - 69
Adunar - 68

Princess Leia Tiara:
Don - 70
Arvis - 69
Mike - 66
Tono - 66
BHP - 61
Adunar - 59