Topic: Doping In Tennis!

Do we have a problem among the great sport of tennis I wonder?

With Andy Murray and Roger Federer both coming out recently saying that more testing needs to be done, it has got me thinking that maybe where there's smoke there is a fire somewhere, I truly hope not but if Andy and Roger are bringing it to the attention of the tennis media then maybe they know something we all don't.

With the recent Lance Armstrong case this thing could catch legs pretty quickly if there is anything to it. hmm

http://tennisnow.com/News/Featured-News/Doping.aspx

Last edited by Tono (Nov. 9, 2012 4:08pm)

2018 - Princess Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Obi Wan R-Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame 2016 - Padme Runner-Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Race Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Re: Doping In Tennis!

I think it would be naive to think that it hasn't happened or still is happening. Recovery time from injuries or the need to be more competitive would be too attractive an offer for some. Of course we are not only talking about tennis, cycling has had bad rep well before Lance Armstrong. Iven my precious Aussie football has its problems, they have a 3 strikes your out, so basically a player wont be named until he has tested positive 3 times!!! I find this pretty poor.

As for tennis, lets hope that there are only a few. A small minority can make a loud noise especially on this subject. You are right though, Roger wouldn't be saying this for no reason, so perhaps he knows a little more??

To be honest, probably most competitive sports have some drug cheats (Perhaps not lawn bowls)

Well it's hard to say. I'm still thinking Doping is not as useful in tennis as it is in many other sports as tennis is rather technical and you cannot improve your proper technique with a doping product... though of course you can increase your physical performances.

I hope there aren't too many, especially at the top of the game.

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Agreed Adunar, I cant imagine the top players needing anything to assist them. Performance enhancing would certainly be an issue, for players trying to make it into the big time.

Perhaps with only a small number of failed tests we can assume that tennis is pretty clean compared to other sports.

problem is: that's what we thought for Cycle for a long time. And then suspicions began to arise in soccer as well... Maybe tennis is next, who knows.

Doping is often ahead of doping testing procedures...

I was listening to a segment about this on the radio the other day and apparently there is no current test undertaken for blood doping....that particular form of cheating goes undetected at the moment and would certainly aid recovery and help with the physical demands of any athlete including tennis players......it will be a huge scandal if anybody within the top 50 or so is ever caught doing anything like this.....I truly hope that is not the case though!

2018 - Princess Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Obi Wan R-Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame 2016 - Padme Runner-Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Race Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Well Novak had his special O2 chamber but there never was any mention about transfusion and I hope there never will be. There were some rumors about Rafa being on the famous Dr Fuentes' list but that has never been confirmed and I sincerely hope it was a false accusation.

It would be a great scandal if any top player were found guilty of doping. This could change the results of many tournaments..

Wow Tono, you may have opened a can of worms.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Spani … z2CFTFwjQK

Up until your thread, I really hadn't thought too much about the subject (in relation to Tennis)