Topic: 2019 ATP Year-End Top 10

Hey everyone! Question for the Offseason, what do you think the ATP Top-10 look like at the end of the 2019 season? Figured this should be fun to look back at in a year. A lot we don't know yet (Who breaks out, injuries, etc), but what would your predictions be right now (fully aware some of this will be wrong a year from now)

Mine:

1.   Novak Djokovic
2.   Alexander Zverev
3.   Rafael Nadal
4.   Juan Martin del Potro
5.   Roger Federer
6.   Dominic Thiem
7.   Kei Nishikori
8.   Karen Khachanov
9.   Daniil Medvedev
10. Marin Cilic

Went back and forth between Medvedev and Coric. What does everyone else think?

2018: Guru Race Winner (2019 Yoda Cup Guru), Australian Open Yoda Cup Champion, Wimbledon Yoda Cup Champion, Yoda Crew Best Newcomer

Re: 2019 ATP Year-End Top 10

Hmm that is a tough prediction...

1. Djokovic
2. Zverev
3. Nadal
4. Thiem
5. Federer
6. Khachanov
7. Cilic
8. Coric
9. Nishikori
10. Anderson

I am not sure if Delpo will be able to compete at the higjest level. I almost put murray in there as he could climb back the rankings pretty fast. Tsitsipas could also get in there. And who knowsy maybe Stan will be back in the top10??

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

1.   Novak Djokovic
2.   Rafael Nadal
3.   Juan Martin del Potro
4.   Roger Federer
5.   Alexander Zverev
6.   Stefanos Tsitsipas
7.   Kei Nishikori
8.   Nick Kyrigos
9.   Dennis Sharpovalov
10. Andy Murray / Kevin Anderson

Last edited by Murreee (Dec. 5, 2018 11:48am)

2018 Lord Vader
2018 Yoda Crew Best Newcomer

Ballsy Murreee! I dont see kyrgios getting nowhere. Shaps is still young and inconsistant. Tsitsi can definitely make it but I expect him to stagnate next year. I love his game so I hope I am wrong.

Next Gen moving up..!!! If Murray cannot fully recover I will go with Anderson at 10...

Last edited by Murreee (Dec. 5, 2018 11:48am)

2018 Lord Vader
2018 Yoda Crew Best Newcomer

Murreee wrote:

Next Gen moving up..!!! If Murray cannot fully recover I will go with Anderson at 10...

I find it interesting which Next Gen players you're going on all in on Murreee. You're higher on Tsitsipas and particularly Shapovalov than I am (plus Kyrgios), while I am going more towards Khachanov, Medvedev and Coric. Curious what made you put those two ahead of the pack. I'm higher on Tsitsipas but Shapovalov's lack of a return game worries me

I agree with Adunar that Del Porto is a risk. Hoping the back injury he suffered in Shanghai doesn't linger. I kept him since his level was so good in 2018 but it's entirely possible that he could drop out if he has issues staying healthy next year

2018: Guru Race Winner (2019 Yoda Cup Guru), Australian Open Yoda Cup Champion, Wimbledon Yoda Cup Champion, Yoda Crew Best Newcomer

I legit think Chung could do it if he can stay healthy

Arvis wrote:

I legit think Chung could do it if he can stay healthy

I think Chung has a chance. As you said, the big variable will be his health. I like his game and potential, just kept him off since him staying healthy is a question mark

Yes, I like Khacha's and Coric' chances better than tsitsi and medvedev at the moment. A bit more consistent.

It was not Delpo's back that got injured... it was his knee (menisc).