Topic: Rebel Alliance Cup

The Rebel Alliance Cup is a team competition contested by members of the Yoda Crew.
It is fought between a USA* team and a Rest of the World* (ROW) team, with each team competing to score the most points in Grand Slam Fantasy Tennis.
The team who scores the most points from all four grand slams will win the annual Rebel Alliance Cup.
The scores of the top 8 players from each team, in each slam, will be recorded and added together to determine the performance of the team.

* Team membership is a voluntary choice. The administrator of the Rebel Alliance Cup reserves the right to allocate individual players into either team in order to balance the teams and create a reasonably fair playing field.

2018 Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Year End #3
2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup

Re: Rebel Alliance Cup

Australian Open 2018

The first contested event of the Rebel Alliance Cup was won convincingly by team USA:

USA                  ROW

13848               13344

Let's see if ROW can gain some ground on the leaders at the 2 European events in the summer!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … =103464093

Last edited by TennisElbow (Jan. 29, 2018 1:49pm)

2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year

Love it but if you put Arvis in the USA team, you should put Don too.

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Looks great!
It seems there are a few yoda members missing?  How do we determine who is in or out?
I think Canada is closer to the US than Iceland, so perhaps Arvis and I should be switched?

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion

Oh I see, missed that about the top 8...

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion

Hate to pull back the curtain, but I'm not actually from Iceland

Ha, I knew it!

Well, I will try to allocate according to my understanding of people's national status/citizenship, since that appears to be the consensus view. I think that means moving Don from ROW to USA (and assuming he hasn't retired to St Vincent).

Moved Don to USA, this hasn't affected the scores above (CrossCourt fills in).

It does mean that the USA team now has a potential numerical advantage of 13-11.

Aiur is not actually from Eritrea either.  Which is good for him, I think.

Nice...Unfortunately, I can not support ROW this time ;(

2017 King Droid & R2D2 Crown Champion, Yoda Crew Trophy Case Award

same here spotec. But that means we'll kick some ass next time

Arvis wrote:

Aiur is not actually from Eritrea either.  Which is good for him, I think.

Very good indeed, Arvis. I'm from Philadelphia (in the USA for those not familiar). Go Eagles!

I wouldn't mind being in this competition. If team USA has too many players, put me on team world. I've been to Holland several times. That should count for something, lol.

Last edited by Aiur (Jan. 29, 2018 4:36pm)

'11, '12, '17 Yoda Cup US Open Champ
'17 Golden Droid & C3PO Trophy Champ
'12 GSFT US Open Champ

That counts for a lot! Whereabouts in Holland have you been, Aiur?

You are already in the competition, it's just where to put you. If the sides are horribly uneven at Roland Garros, I'll put you in the World team since you're OK with that. Thanks!

Good stuff Jamie, yet another thing we can have some fun with while all enjoying the tennis. big_smile

GO ROW!!!!! wink

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year
2012 - Lord Vader, 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Next Grand Slam, the revenge of ROW     wink

GO ROW!!!!!     cool

TennisElbow wrote:

That counts for a lot! Whereabouts in Holland have you been, Aiur?

You are already in the competition, it's just where to put you. If the sides are horribly uneven at Roland Garros, I'll put you in the World team since you're OK with that. Thanks!

An ex-girlfriend lived in Den Bosch. I went there several times over a period of about six months. Of course, while there we went all over the country. You can make day trips to almost every major city there. It's really nice. After things didn't work out between me and this girl, I still went to Amsterdam by myself for a vacation and I've been to Tomorrowland (music festival) in Belgium a few times. I used to speak Dutch pretty well for an American, almost fluently.

If anyone is looking to take a vacation, Brussels is an amazing hub city. The city itself is very nice. What's even better is you can take a train to Paris in less than two hours, Cologne right around two hours and Amsterdam in about 3 1/2. You can really do a lot in a week there.

'11, '12, '17 Yoda Cup US Open Champ
'17 Golden Droid & C3PO Trophy Champ
'12 GSFT US Open Champ

Great idea...thanks for putting this together TE. GO TEAM USA!

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

Aiur wrote:

An ex-girlfriend lived in Den Bosch. I went there several times over a period of about six months. Of course, while there we went all over the country. You can make day trips to almost every major city there. It's really nice. After things didn't work out between me and this girl, I still went to Amsterdam by myself for a vacation and I've been to Tomorrowland (music festival) in Belgium a few times. I used to speak Dutch pretty well for an American, almost fluently.

If anyone is looking to take a vacation, Brussels is an amazing hub city. The city itself is very nice. What's even better is you can take a train to Paris in less than two hours, Cologne right around two hours and Amsterdam in about 3 1/2. You can really do a lot in a week there.

Hmm, interesting Aiur, would love to do that. In my student days me and a group of friends took the ferry from Hull to Rotterdam and spent a few days in Amsterdam. But would love to spend a week visiting cities.

So you may be wondering about/ have completely forgotten about the Rebel Alliance Cup, but I've updated the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … eEhYPPa9U/

After a decisive win for Team USA at the Australian Open, Team Rest of World have managed to get 'revenge' - they 'strike back' at the French, winning 14,600 to 14,424.

The USA still maintain a pretty comfortable lead of 28,272 to 27,944 but it makes things interesting as we head into Wimbledon in a few weeks time, giving the ROW team 'a new hope' (sorry)
Can the Rest of the World take advantage of playing on European soil again?

Awesome win guys! Let's come back for Wimbledon and show americans how to play on grass smile

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

You must be smoking it, Adunar smile

We sure will be! Smoking the rest of the World at Wimbledon that is... wink

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

LOL

1 Slam each eh, nice win for the ROW team.....quick question Jamie, how many players are you using at each Slam, does it depend on the minimum number or ROW players who play, therefore the USA take their best 11 scores etc, is that correct?

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year
2012 - Lord Vader, 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Thanks for doing this Jamie - So glad to be competing with Milo and the rest of the USA team - and congrats to ROW team for a decisive RG victory...

2018 Lord Vader
2018 Yoda Crew Best Newcomer