Re: 2018 ULTIMATE FANTASY TENNIS RANKINGS! - UFTR

All this because Edu didn't want to call me Murreee..!!!

2018 Lord Vader
2018 Yoda Crew Best Newcomer

Drivers wrote:

That sounds good to me. But (serious question)would the Portuguese pronunciation be the same?

Do you speak Spanish Drivers?

Lexus-GF wrote:
Edu_Anackin wrote:

I don't know how to write the correct pronounce of the E haha

Hahaha, entertaining discussion. I think that if Edu = Eduardo, and it's pronounced as in Spanish, then it would be something like this: E (as the initial letter "e" in error in English) + DU (as the word "do" in English).
What do you think Edu, is it correct?

Almost... but not exactly haha, the E, the "do" is correct

Champion: '16 Padme Cup, '16 Roland Garros Yoda Cup,' 16 Leia Tiara, '15 Lando Calrissian's Ring (250's), '15 GQ "The Green Anackin", '16 Trophy Case Award, '17 BB-8 Cup
Runner Up: '16 Rey Saber, '13 US Open Yoda Cup, '14 R2D2 Phoenix Crown.

I am my own daughter!

ok, I found the word, it's like when you pronounce the word "employer", just the E without the rest

Champion: '16 Padme Cup, '16 Roland Garros Yoda Cup,' 16 Leia Tiara, '15 Lando Calrissian's Ring (250's), '15 GQ "The Green Anackin", '16 Trophy Case Award, '17 BB-8 Cup

I am my own daughter!

Pretty sure that's what Lex was saying

Lexus-GF wrote:
Drivers wrote:

That sounds good to me. But (serious question)would the Portuguese pronunciation be the same?

Do you speak Spanish Drivers?

No Lexys.  Wish I could. I spend a lot of time in Portugal and I can speak a smattering of Portuguese;- but I find it a hard language to master.

Drivers wrote:

No Lexys.  Wish I could. I spend a lot of time in Portugal and I can speak a smattering of Portuguese;- but I find it a hard language to master.

Some people say that Spanish is also difficult to master for those who don´t know it, but with hard work nothing is impossible smile

Lexus-GF wrote:
Drivers wrote:

Some people say that Spanish is also difficult to master for those who don´t know it, but with hard work nothing is impossible smile

I think it is, though I find I can get the gist more quickly with Spanish - maybe it has more in common with Latin than Portuguese does. I had a good grounding in Latin once upon a time!

Drivers wrote:

I think it is, though I find I can get the gist more quickly with Spanish - maybe it has more in common with Latin than Portuguese does. I had a good grounding in Latin once upon a time!

Have you ever been in a country that speaks Spanish?

Lexus-GF wrote:
Drivers wrote:

Have you ever been in a country that speaks Spanish?

When we take the car to  Portugal we go through Spain. We love it and pick a different route each trip. So yes!  Also, this time next week we will be in Peru which is partly Spanish speaking.

Arvis wrote:

Pretty sure that's what Lex was saying

the E in error is different than the one in employer. At least from what I know...

I am my own daughter!

I think this discussion has gone too far already LOL

I am my own daughter!

Drivers wrote:

When we take the car to  Portugal we go through Spain. We love it and pick a different route each trip. So yes!  Also, this time next week we will be in Peru which is partly Spanish speaking.

If you like Spain, you will surely love Cuba too, our colonial architecture is Spanish, many cities here have historic centers that are similar to Spain, and we have a very hospitable town.
Not in Peru, but I was in Copacabana, Bolivia, a city on the shores of Lake Titicaca that is close to the border with Peru. Very interesting area to know about the Inca culture, with many ruins of Inca buildings.

Edu_Anackin wrote:

I think this discussion has gone too far already LOL

Hahaha, things that happen between people of different nationalities, hahaha

Lexus-GF wrote:
Drivers wrote:

If you like Spain, you will surely love Cuba too, our colonial architecture is Spanish, many cities here have historic centers that are similar to Spain, and we have a very hospitable town.
Not in Peru, but I was in Copacabana, Bolivia, a city on the shores of Lake Titicaca that is close to the border with Peru. Very interesting area to know about the Inca culture, with many ruins of Inca buildings.

Will be in that area (Puno) around the time for making the Indian Wells picks......
I have a few friends who have been to Cuba who tell me it is a special place to visit.

Drivers wrote:

Will be in that area (Puno) around the time for making the Indian Wells picks......
I have a few friends who have been to Cuba who tell me it is a special place to visit.

Yes, honestly, it's a special place. Many people in the UK come to visit. If some day you decide to come, let me know and you will have a free tour guide at your disposal, hahaha. In addition, it would be an honor to meet a member of Yoda Crew in person.

Lexus-GF wrote:
Drivers wrote:

Yes, honestly, it's a special place. Many people in the UK come to visit. If some day you decide to come, let me know and you will have a free tour guide at your disposal, hahaha. In addition, it would be an honor to meet a member of Yoda Crew in person.

Cheers Lexus. I wouldn't rule it out!! smile

Drivers wrote:

Cheers Lexus. I wouldn't rule it out!! smile

I'm sure you will not big_smile

UPDATED

New race leader! Visit the spreadsheet for more details

I am my own daughter!

Congrats Tony! I think my #2 race ranking is a career high for me. cool

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

Great start to 2018 guys. Keep making your picks BHP!

2018 Roland Garros Yoda Cup
2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup 2013 Winner of Fantasy Tennis Tour

Top 3 in the race are separated by 15 points, pretty close!

I am my own daughter!

So NAdal drops out and I'm left with LL Daniel all the way to the final...

This appears to happen more than some like to acknowledge...

#NoLL

2018 Lord Vader
2018 Yoda Crew Best Newcomer

You are having a bad run with this aren't ya Murreee, Rafa was always going to be a risky choice because it was going to be his first tournament back from injury.....at least you don't lose a Rafa pick.

The fact he pulled out after the tournament had already started sucks eh, almost all of us picked him to win in brackets but it is what it is, Arnie picked Zverev to win the tourney in Obi Wan.

Last edited by Tono (Feb. 27, 2018 10:05pm)

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year
2012 - Lord Vader, 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Milo wrote:

Congrats Tony! I think my #2 race ranking is a career high for me. cool

Thanks Milo, congrats to you too on your great start to the year, now if I can only catch that elusive TE and grab the No.1 mantle. wink

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year
2012 - Lord Vader, 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup