Re: 2018 ULTIMATE FANTASY TENNIS RANKINGS! - UFTR

Those things have always hurted us, especially in the women's. It's hard but we can't do anything once picks are closed.

Champion: '16 Padme Cup, '16 Roland Garros Yoda Cup,' 16 Leia Tiara, '15 Lando Calrissian's Ring (250's), '15 GQ "The Green Anackin", '16 Trophy Case Award, '17 BB-8 Cup
Runner Up: '16 Rey Saber, '13 US Open Yoda Cup, '14 R2D2 Phoenix Crown.

I am my own daughter!

Could we keep selection period open until 1 hour before match starts...

In my fantasy football league you can select until game starts then it is closed...

The picks only close when the first main draw match starts.

Champion: '16 Padme Cup, '16 Roland Garros Yoda Cup,' 16 Leia Tiara, '15 Lando Calrissian's Ring (250's), '15 GQ "The Green Anackin", '16 Trophy Case Award, '17 BB-8 Cup

I am my own daughter!

Murreee wrote:

How does stosur get put in at the last minute for Kvitova - I had Kvitova all the way to final and now I got Stosur - I checked up to the last hour and Kvitova was still there... And now I am stuck with Stosur on my team also...

There should at least be some notification when a change is being made... Possibly an email stating that a player has dropped out and you have an hour left to make a change...

When does the TDC update this and does the admin know when it happens...

If I had an email notification I could have changed it in 30 seconds...

Is there a tennis site that follows these changes..???

#NoLuckyLosers

It's all part and parcel of fantasy tennis unfortunately Murreee, once the picks close on TDC we can't reopen them again because some players will then change their picks to all the winners of matches already played.

I only picked Petra to win one match this week in Dubai because I thought she might either withdraw or retire due to fatigue, fantasy tennis is all about prediction and unfortunately we have to try and predict these kind of things too.

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year
2012 - Lord Vader, 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

I hear you Tono - And you guys handle this better that I do - It must come with experience - I will have to learn the hard way...

Tough being down hundreds of points when the season is only 2 months old and lose a team member before they even play a match... But i see your point on Kvitova being a risky pick due to fatigue... I must start considering all these factors if I am going to challenge the best..!!!

Thanks for the advise...

PS: Since Kvitova withdrew it doesn't count against my 8 total picks for the season does it..???

No it doesn't, your Petra pick in teams has now become a Stosur pick so there is a silver lining for you. wink

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year

Tono wrote:

No it doesn't, your Petra pick in teams has now become a Stosur pick so there is a silver lining for you. wink

And what would happen if I already had Stosur with 8 picks ???

Lexus-GF wrote:
Tono wrote:

Good point Lexus! I’m wondering too, now!

Lexus-GF wrote:
Tono wrote:

*mind explodes*

Man... we never considered that!

I am my own daughter!

I think it would simply cancel that pick.

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Nice discussion. smile

@ Tono: this was my gameplan too, but unfortunately Kiki lost as well. sad

2017 King Droid & R2D2 Crown Champion, Yoda Crew Trophy Case Award

I do believe we could resolve this issue but not wanting to keep bringing it up...

In fantasy football the players don't lock as a complete team for the first game... They lock individually just before their game starts...

Example: A player with a Saturday game at 1 pm would lock Saturday at 1 pm and a player with a Sun 8pm start would lock on Sun at 8 pm... any changes after lock don't happen so there would be no subbing in a LL or replacement that would accidently put you over your 8 limit...

No cheating could happen because players starting earlier would already be locked...

Lexus-GF wrote:
Tono wrote:

The system wouldn't let you pick Stosur, so you would be one pick down.

Murreee wrote:

I do believe we could resolve this issue but not wanting to keep bringing it up...

In fantasy football the players don't lock as a complete team for the first game... They lock individually just before their game starts...

Example: A player with a Saturday game at 1 pm would lock Saturday at 1 pm and a player with a Sun 8pm start would lock on Sun at 8 pm... any changes after lock don't happen so there would be no subbing in a LL or replacement that would accidently put you over your 8 limit...

No cheating could happen because players starting earlier would already be locked...

We can't keep reopening the bracket once the tournament starts Murreee, the entire integrity of the game would be compromised, once we open the bracket it is open for ALL matches, including the ones that have already been completed.

There is no way we can lock/unlock individual player matches before they start either, you are just gonna have to live with it like the rest of us I'm afraid. wink

This issue is bigger with the WTA which has many more players that withdraw after the start of the tournament.

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

I look at it as the intriguing part of the game, trying to figure out who may possibly withdraw, taking it into consideration and then making your picks. Unfortunately, it only rarely works for me.

Ol' Tenny has the right of it.  It's part of the game and we all are on equal footing.

tenedab wrote:

I look at it as the intriguing part of the game, trying to figure out who may possibly withdraw, taking it into consideration and then making your picks. Unfortunately, it only rarely works for me.

Totally agree TD. Also agree withMurree that it would be great to find a source of info with injury updates! Eg:- is Buzarnescu injured again??

most of us went with the Buz-saw and she won one game! eek

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

Murreee wrote:

Murreee(what's your real name?), I play fantasy football too but you have to understand it's a COMPLETELY different format of fantasy, once the first main draw match starts, we have to close the entire bracket, that's how it has always been done in fantasy tennis. Everybody is subjective to the same rule, that's it.

Last edited by Edu_Anackin (Feb. 21, 2018 11:36am)

I am my own daughter!

I will play by whatever rules you set..!!!

I have always tried to look for solutions and very often find them so I am only trying to be a part of the solution -
not the problem...

Edu - What's your real name..? - The caps make it seem like you are frustrated - Don't be frustrated with suggestions that are meant to help - If you want me to just shut up and play that's what I will do - But with new members you might just get a new perspective that could help...  #ShuttingUpNow

It was just to emphasize how different the formats are. And I do wanna know your real name.

I am my own daughter!

Real name is Tomas...

When you use real names I get confused with the team name - like is Dwight "Dwight" or "DwightCharles" and so forth... Maybe you could update that info in a post...

Please understand that I was only suggesting a possible solution to help - I was not complaining - The TDC is an incredible site for tennis fans and extremely fun - It has become my most favorite pastime and being in the Jedi Masters group is the best..!!!

PS: Still rooting for Milo as the "Best Player in the World"

I agree with Murreee, this is getting ridiculous. In Rotterdam, I had Roger and Grigor in the finals but somehow the site had me down at Berdych and Zverev. I brushed that off. Now, in Delray Beach, Kyrgios withdrew like a day before. I redid all of my picks to how I liked them, and I just checked for the first time, somehow John Smith and Darian King are on my team. I DID NOT PICK EITHER ONE OF THESE GUYS. It's getting to the point where it's not fun to play along, and when it's not fun, there's no point in doing it.

'11, '12, '17 Yoda Cup US Open Champ
'17 Golden Droid & C3PO Trophy Champ
'12 GSFT US Open Champ