Re: THE VADER TROPHY! (Vader League 2018)

Thanks Arvis and Tono. smile

2016:-Diamond Droid and Captain Plasma Helmet Champ.
2018:-Ruby Droid and Jar Jar Dartboard Champ.
2019:-Yoda Crew Most Improved Player. 

Hey - Marco joined us on the TDC - Great to have you in the group Marco..!!!

2020 Padme Cup WTA Team Champion & 2020 Rey Saber WTA Bracket Champion
2020 Yoda Crew Most Improved Player & 2020 Yoda Crew Trophy Case Award
2019 Obi Wan Master ATP Bracket Runner-up & Yoda Crew Green Quarter/Quindecim Award
2018 Lord Vader ATP Team Champion & 2018 Yoda Crew Best Newcomer

Well spotted Murree and welcome Marco. smile I was only thinking at the weekend that you would be a sharp competitor on TEC.

Thanks Arvis and Tono, it's my second PT, but the first one with Yoda Crew. big_smile
Welcome Marco, good player for our league.

Uh, so, Tono still has PT hopes in Delray.  How the heck?

Also, Snollygoster went completely insane and put Tennys Sandgren on his Rio team, and yet he's the only one with PT hopes left there.

Tono had the best team in Delray with 305 points, but nobody had the Winner on their teams.  Poor spotec ended Delray with only 20.  And in Marseille, three tied for the lead with 490: Dtrain, Aiur, and HTS.  Last place Arvis only managed 175 with only one SFist.

But a big win for HTS in Rio, breaking 1000!  He finished with 1115 and was a couple wins away from a PT.  Adunar had the best effort of those who didn't have The Schwartz, at 450, with Edu and (critically) Tenedab bringing up the rear with only 270, losing over 800 points to HTS.

While Ol' Tenny was #1 going into the week, he dropped two spots to #3 after his awful showing in Rio.  Now, it's HTS in the #1 spot, with a 300 point lead over Tono!  Lexus (up one spot from last week) and BHP round out our Top 5.  Adunar moved out of last place, putting Edu there instead.

I don't know what's happening with my Vader season sad

2019: AO Yoda Cup, Obi Wan, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Performance of the Year, Year End #3
2018: Obi Wan, Rey Saber, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Most correct picks Award, Year End #2.
2017: BB-8 Cup, Year End #4. 2016: Padme Cup, RG Yoda Cup, Leia Tiara, Trophy Case Award, Rey Saber runner up, Year End #3.
2015: Lando Calrissian's Ring, GQ "The Green Anackin".

Contrasting fortunes for me in Vader this week, Dubai is going gangbusters so far with that lovely green colour flowing nicely, but Acapulco is a complete mess, I've lost Querrey, Sock, Nishikori and Isner all in the 1st round. hmm

2021 AO Yoda Cup, 2020 Supreme Jedi UFTR No.1, Lord Vader 2018 Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme , BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

RBA had been playing so poorly that only 4 people had him and gained his 500 points in Vader.  But it was Murree who got the big win in Dubai, having 3 of the 4 SFists, including Krajinovic, on his team.  This means he broke the 1000 point barrier, finishing with 1025, almost 300 points above 2nd-pace Tono and a whopping 890 over last place Dtrain.

Murree also broke 1000 in Acapulco!  But he fell just 45 points shy of winning that one, with Adunar finishing first with 1070 points.  Last place Snolly suffers another huge deficit, finishing with only 135 here.  These 500s resulted in some BIG point swings in our Vader comp.

Little Sao Paulo did not, however, with only Tono and BHP missing out on Fognini's 250 points.  Dtrain and Edu finished 1st with 490 points there.

This means that Murree flies into the Top 5 all the way to #2!  HTS held him off, with a fairly sturdy 405 point lead, but as we can see, such a lead can be quickly overcome in this comp.
Lexus moves up one spot to #3, Tono down three spots to #5, and Ol' Tenny down to #4.

Another week and another step out of the basement for Adunar, who is now a whopping 5 points ahead of Snolly.  Acapulco was huge for Ad.  If he gains more than 130 points on Dwight in IW, he'll gain yet another ranking spot.  Edu continues to bring up the rear.

Last edited by Arvis (Mar. 5, 2018 10:33am)

Congrats to the Chung pickers this week....I'm assuming there are no Coric pickers out there in Vader, what a bonus pick that would have been eh.

2013 - Guru Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Congrats to the Del Po pickers! What a match!!

Last edited by Drivers (Mar. 18, 2018 5:56pm)

In Indian Wells, the gap between the lowest-scoring Delpo pickers and the highest-scoring player w/o Delpo was nearly 800 points.  TE, Dtrain, and Murree shared the win with 1845 points, gaining over 1100 on last place Drivers.

HTS has still managed to hold off Murree for first place, but the gap has shrunk another couple hundred points.  Unfortunately poor Lexus was one of the 5 who failed to pick Delpo, so he drops out of the Top 5, and BHP jumps in.  Tenedab and Tono round out our Top 5.

Adunar and Edu BOTH had Delpo, so they FLY right out of the basement, with Adunar even joining the Top 10!  Really amazing when you consider he was last place just a few weeks ago.  These Masters tournaments really shake things up.
Snolly is our new basement-dweller, but that can change just as easily.

---

This week sees another Masters 1000, but picks are all over the place. We all have Feddy, but that's it for uniformity.  Even Delpo has been left off yet again on a few teams.  Will that pay off or will it be a case of history repeating itself in the span of just one month?

Federer - 15
Delpo - 9
Cilic - 8
Anderson - 8
Goffin - 7
Kyrgios - 6
Chung - 6
Raonic - 6
Coric - 5
Berdych - 4
Querrey - 3
Novak - 3
Zverev - 2 (Tono, Drivers)
RBA - 2 (Tono, TE)
Dimitrov - 2 (Snolly, Arvis)
Sock - 1 (Tono)
Kei - 1 (Arvis)
Isner - 1 (Arvis)
Gasquet - 1 (spotec)

Thanks Arvis

Interesting range of picks here, some of those 1-3 picks could come good and make a difference.
Of course if Fed wins there will be little change. I thought someone would have been brave enough to leave him off!

Yoda Cups: Roland Garros 15, 18, 20; Wimbledon 17; US Open 20; Yoda Guru 2021
Obi Wan Master 16, 17, 20 Lord Vader 15
Han Solo Captain 19, 20
Player of the Year 17, 20

Most of us are expecting him to take the clay season off again, including the French.  If he *does* play the French, then oh boy, that'll be a Vader conundrum.

Great stuff Arvis, thanks.

I took a chance and left Delpo off my Vader team this week, his Miami record isn't flash, he has a tough draw and he has already won two tournaments in a row, that was enough for me to bypass him this time....Go Sock!!! tongue

Tono wrote:

Great stuff Arvis, thanks.

I took a chance and left Delpo off my Vader team this week, his Miami record isn't flash, he has a tough draw and he has already won two tournaments in a row, that was enough for me to bypass him this time....Go Sock!!! tongue

Yep. This is pretty much my thinking also but we could be wrong.

Hopefully not for our sake eh tenedab. wink......although I'm a Delpo fan too. hmm

Tono wrote:

Hopefully not for our sake eh tenedab. wink......although I'm a Delpo fan too. hmm

That's pretty obvious.

Arvis wrote:

Goffin - 7

Ouch!

Arvis wrote:

Novak - 3
RBA - 2 (Tono, TE)

Both out

Gasquet out, spotec had him

Terrific Isner pick Arvis!!

Drivers wrote:

Terrific Isner pick Arvis!!

Ha ha!  I bet you have no idea what it feels like to have a big Team pick that no one else has!  Ha ha!  Ha.  Haaa......

Great Isner pick, Arvis. Gets you back into the conversation in Vader. Going for the outsiders was the right move in Miami, eh?

Also, props to Drivers for a fantastic all round tournament: 1st In Vader and Rey, 2nd in Padme, 3rd in Obi-Wan!!! That's some going! Someone else who is stepping up to challenge for the big titles this year? 2018 is going to be an interesting one in the Yoda Crew.

Yoda Cups: Roland Garros 15, 18, 20; Wimbledon 17; US Open 20; Yoda Guru 2021
Obi Wan Master 16, 17, 20 Lord Vader 15
Han Solo Captain 19, 20
Player of the Year 17, 20

TennisElbow wrote:

Great Isner pick, Arvis. Gets you back into the conversation in Vader. Going for the outsiders was the right move in Miami, eh?

Also, props to Drivers for a fantastic all round tournament: 1st In Vader and Rey, 2nd in Padme, 3rd in Obi-Wan!!! That's some going! Someone else who is stepping up to challenge for the big titles this year? 2018 is going to be an interesting one in the Yoda Crew.

Yes, congratulations Arvis! I’m actually very pleased John Isner won this time!
Thanks TE too - feel I’ve redeemed myself a bit after a dismal performance at IW!!