Topic: THE VADER TROPHY! (Vader League 2018)

A new year, a new Vader Trophy thread!

And it's not a good first day for Slam picks.  Kevin Anderson screwed up a lot of us, but also Pouille, Sock, and even John Isner were all picked in Vader.

This leaves us with only 6 people with Perfect Teams left for AO2018.  And we're not even finished with round 1!

Re: THE VADER TROPHY! (Vader League 2018)

Only just spotted this thread, thanks Arvis.

AO 2018 has certainly handicapped quite a number of good Vader players at the start of 2018, we could all be in for a rough ride on the dark side this year perhaps.

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year
2012 - Lord Vader, 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Those poor, poor suckers who didn't have Cilic..... T____T

No Perfect Teams this week and not much in the way of dominant performances either.

Currently, Vader is being led by two of our newer members, including our newest, with Lexus in 2nd place and Tenedab unsurprisingly in first.  Can anyone take down the Fantasy Team Goliath that is Tenedab?

Arvis wrote:

No Perfect Teams this week and not much in the way of dominant performances either.

Currently, Vader is being led by two of our newer members, including our newest, with Lexus in 2nd place and Tenedab unsurprisingly in first.  Can anyone take down the Fantasy Team Goliath that is Tenedab?

Slightly exaggerated...lowercase "t" is OK. Seriously, it looks like a jinx.

Last edited by tenedab (Feb. 12, 2018 7:10pm)

Surely NO ONE shall EVER defeat the unbeatable, invincible monstrosity that is TENEDAB!  What ragtag group of unlikely heroes could hope to accomplish the impossible??

Big T just too good at the mo'.

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

It's a long season, especially in Vader. If tenedab is still ahead in July, then I'll start to pay attention wink

2018 Roland Garros Yoda Cup
2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup 2013 Winner of Fantasy Tennis Tour

The AO Cilic pickers have the upper hand currently, but missing the winner of a Masters 1000 tourney will quickly change things back around, still a long way to go.

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year

Yes, the season is long and there is still a long way to go. I hope to maintain even results during the year. Well done by tenedab so far, in March we have two Masters 1000, many points available that can change the situation.

How can so many pick Team Federer in a 500 when there are so many Slams and 1000's left... I will try to stay with the pack while others continue their a big start..!!!

#Uonlyget8

2018 Lord Vader
2018 Yoda Crew Best Newcomer

Murree, last year Federer played 3 Slams and 4 Masters 1000.  That's 7 picks.

Smart Seppi pick Edu!

Yes Arvis - But different circumstances apply this year... However - The majority of the Yoda Crew took Federer including Milo so I think your point has merit... Another learning moment for me - Get the points while you can..!!!

PS: Do you think Fed will skip Roland Garros again..??? "The clay season is up in the air,” he said".

Last edited by Murreee (Feb. 14, 2018 4:41pm)

2018 Lord Vader
2018 Yoda Crew Best Newcomer

Feddy has little real competition here.  Wawa is out.  Zverev is out.  Muller is out.  And pre-tourney, all 3 had questions about their form/fitness.  And then his likely final opponent will be either Berdych or Grigor, who he traditionally whips up on.

To do better than 500 points, he'd have to make the semis of a Slam or Final of a Masters, where he'd ostensibly have more competition.

Last edited by Arvis (Feb. 14, 2018 4:42pm)

So it appears I missed the first 3 tournaments.  I nice handicap for me. Beware of big Tenedab, perhaps he is not as forgiving as I am.

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion

Drivers wrote:

Smart Seppi pick Edu!

Thanks! It was more the "don't want to pick Zverev in a 500" kind of pick haha

Last edited by Edu_Anackin (Feb. 14, 2018 8:24pm)

Champion: '16 Padme Cup, '16 Roland Garros Yoda Cup,' 16 Leia Tiara, '15 Lando Calrissian's Ring (250's), '15 GQ "The Green Anackin", '16 Trophy Case Award, '17 BB-8 Cup
Runner Up: '16 Rey Saber, '13 US Open Yoda Cup, '14 R2D2 Phoenix Crown.

I am my own daughter!

Like goffin is not worth mentionning ;-P

Murreee wrote:

PS: Do you think Fed will skip Roland Garros again..??? "The clay season is up in the air,” he said".

I think the reason he went to Rotterdam was because he knows he won't play on the clay again. This is is only shot at getting back to #1.

'11, '12, '17 Yoda Cup US Open Champ
'17 Golden Droid & C3PO Trophy Champ
'12 GSFT US Open Champ

Not his only shot but probably the one he likes the most. He would probably play on clay if that was the best way to claim back the #1.

I'm not expecting him to play on the clay again unless it's his farewell tour. Even then, I think he'll play RG and if we're lucky, one warmup tournament.

'11, '12, '17 Yoda Cup US Open Champ
'17 Golden Droid & C3PO Trophy Champ
'12 GSFT US Open Champ

Well i would expect him to play on clay if he had a poor hard court swing before. But 'play on clay' means the french and one warm up tournament, nothing more.

Adunar wrote:

Well i would expect him to play on clay if he had a poor hard court swing before. But 'play on clay' means the french and one warm up tournament, nothing more.

Congrats! Your neighbor is #1 again. I would expect him to skip the clay season.

Dtrain, Arvis, and BHP all had the top team in Rotterdam and broke 1000.  Down in Good Wind, Brazil, Dwight got the win with 405.

However, in New York, Drivers and Lexus won with two Perfect Teams, scoring the maximum 580 points!  Well done!  This effort helped Lexus move into 5th in Vader.

Tenedab, though, did enough last week to keep his spot in the #1 position fairly secure, with a 300 point lead over HTS.  Inexplicably, Adunar continue to bring up the rear, nearly 3000 points behind our leader.

Yeah, that is the biggest surprise of the year so far in Vader, seeing Arnie all the way down the bottom.

So we had some PT's last week eh, congrats Drivers and Lexus. big_smile