Re: Tennis Draw Challenge 2018 - Results & Discussion

I think Ol' Tenny was saying that Novak was the favorite pick on TDC as a whole, not that he personally believed that Novak was the favorite.

But who knows?  He certainly is playing like the best player in the draw through his first two matches.

Nice video, loving the British accent. Why couldn't you put on a British accent Edu? wink

2018 Roland Garros Yoda Cup
2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup 2013 Winner of Fantasy Tennis Tour

OK don't like it now, he said to forget about teams, stupid British jerk

2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year

Arvis wrote:

I think Ol' Tenny was saying that Novak was the favorite pick on TDC as a whole, not that he personally believed that Novak was the favorite.

But who knows?  He certainly is playing like the best player in the draw through his first two matches.

I meant the betting favorite. Djokovic is just the third favorite on TDC.

Edu_Anackin wrote:

That's not the video I made, Wimbo. You'll find them at https://www.facebook.com/pg/tennisdrawc … e_internal

There are tips for brackets and teams. smile

I didn't think it was you in that video, because I knew you were Brazilian. Thanks for the link, but I did find them later on my own. It's funny because on one of your video's, you pull up the Yoda page on GSFT and I was the Guru that year. How times have changed.

2016 Yoda Cup Guru
2015 USO Yoda Cup Champion
2014 AO Yoda Cup Champion

Edu_Anackin wrote:

That's not the video I made, Wimbo. You'll find them at https://www.facebook.com/pg/tennisdrawc … e_internal

There are tips for brackets and teams. smile

You also went to great lengths to appropriately credit all of the site administrators and founders of TDC. Very classy. When you started naming names, I was like "I KNOW those people!"

2016 Yoda Cup Guru

TennisElbow wrote:

OK don't like it now, he said to forget about teams, stupid British jerk

LOL!

TennisElbow wrote:

Nice video, loving the British accent. Why couldn't you put on a British accent Edu? wink

LOL, I couldn't even if I wanted to. Wait, let me just grab a hot potato, put it in my mouth and start speaking english! tongue

Champion: '16 Padme Cup, '16 Roland Garros Yoda Cup,' 16 Leia Tiara, '15 Lando Calrissian's Ring (250's), '15 GQ "The Green Anackin", '16 Trophy Case Award, '17 BB-8 Cup
Runner Up: '16 Rey Saber, '13 US Open Yoda Cup, '14 R2D2 Phoenix Crown.

I am my own daughter!

Sounds painful!!! smile

LOL that's exactly what we had to do in primary school Edu!

Wimbledonut's Eastbourne ATP bracket looks like he just clicked things randomly.

EDIT: Actually, his Antalya bracket has the same feel.  He has Dzumhur winning, whose career grass record is 4-8, with Lorenzi as runner-up, whose career grass record is 6-25.  He's never won more than 1 grass court match in a year.

Last edited by Arvis (Jun. 25, 2018 8:30am)

Arvis wrote:

Wimbledonut's Eastbourne ATP bracket looks like he just clicked things randomly.

EDIT: Actually, his Antalya bracket has the same feel.  He has Dzumhur winning, whose career grass record is 4-8, with Lorenzi as runner-up, whose career grass record is 6-25.  He's never won more than 1 grass court match in a year.

Coric just won Halle with even worse grass court record.

Last edited by tenedab (Jun. 25, 2018 9:37pm)

LOL, ya got me there, Tenny!  But he's 22 and still learning, so there's always a chance that a player like him will turn things around (like Thiem did on grass).  Not only that, but Coric was so bad in '17 and '16 he had a sub-.500 winning record total for those years, so it's hard to blame his grass losses then on his grass acumen.

But maybe I'm being too dismissive.  Dzumhur can do it!

Arvis wrote:

Ouch! Thanks for the vote of confidence Arvis. ;-) I am new to TDC, and I am still trying out methods of selecting players. Yes, my picks are a bit unorthodox, but they are working at Eastbourne. Don't hate, congratulate!

Last edited by Wimbledonut (Jun. 27, 2018 6:03pm)

2016 Yoda Cup Guru

You are doing great, Wimbo! Keep going. What about WTA?

Yeah, the WTA is another story. I can't seem to keep up the tournaments on TDC, and I miss the deadlines. I also don't have a good handle on who going to play well from tournament to tournament. I used to be #1 in YC for the women's tournaments. Not so much anymore.

Last edited by Wimbledonut (Jun. 27, 2018 10:26pm)

2016 Yoda Cup Guru

TennisElbow wrote:

LOL that's exactly what we had to do in primary school Edu!

LOL

Champion: '16 Padme Cup, '16 Roland Garros Yoda Cup,' 16 Leia Tiara, '15 Lando Calrissian's Ring (250's), '15 GQ "The Green Anackin", '16 Trophy Case Award, '17 BB-8 Cup
Runner Up: '16 Rey Saber, '13 US Open Yoda Cup, '14 R2D2 Phoenix Crown.

I am my own daughter!

Wimbledonut wrote:
Arvis wrote:

Ouch! Thanks for the vote of confidence Arvis. ;-) I am new to TDC, and I am still trying out methods of selecting players. Yes, my picks are a bit unorthodox, but they are working at Eastbourne. Don't hate, congratulate!

Very true, your Eastbourne score is actually comically ahead of the field. lol

Last edited by Arvis (Jun. 28, 2018 2:36pm)

Arvis wrote:

Very true, your Eastbourne score is actually comically ahead of the field. lol

There’s a method to my madness.

2016 Yoda Cup Guru

LOL, Wimby's gonna win BOTH tournaments :embarrassed:

Arvis wrote:

LOL, Wimby's gonna win BOTH tournaments :embarrassed:

LOL! Eastbourne is looking like a win, especially with Lacko reaching the final.

2016 Yoda Cup Guru

Wimbo is in good form pre-Wimbledon. wink

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year
2012 - Lord Vader, 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Glad you've joined us on TDC Wimbo.
*One of the Jedi guidelines*
DHC - don't hate congratulate big_smile

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

After 3 rounds of play, I have only one live match left in my women's bracket

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion

After struggling all 2018 season with the WTA brackets i am excited to see I finally won my first WTA bracket in Eastborne over the very tuff Tono..!!!

Of course Wimbledon is not going as well..!!!

2018 Lord Vader
2018 Yoda Crew Best Newcomer