Re: YODA CREW AWARDS "2017"

that is a good question Lexus...at the beginning we did not have many fantasy players who made teams for the competition but it is a very good suggestion that we should consider for 2018.

20 Queen Droid & BB-8 Cup Wimbledon 14 US Open Yoda Cup16 Wimbledon 14 French Open Alpha Cup12, 13 & 16
King Droid 15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

The teams competition is all together. It means tht you usually sacrifice your top players pick in small tournaments to keep them for the bif events. So individually they do not make much sense.. except maybe the GS where everyone wants to go big.

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Milo wrote:

that is a good question Lexus...at the beginning we did not have many fantasy players who made teams for the competition but it is a very good suggestion that we should consider for 2018.

Milo, I think that with 16 fantasy players with 20 or more teams in the season in the ATP and 16 fantasy players with 19 or more teams in the season in the WTA in this 2017, is sufficient to establish the new awards. This game is exciting and I believe that it is deserved. Thanks for considering the suggestion.

Adunar wrote:

The teams competition is all together. It means tht you usually sacrifice your top players pick in small tournaments to keep them for the bif events. So individually they do not make much sense.. except maybe the GS where everyone wants to go big.

Adunar, I think that the challenge of the Teams Competition is this precisely, to be able to administer well the players to be able to achieve the maximum points. Surely it will be necessary to do sacrifices, but it is necessary to know well in that moment to do them to gain more points in the entire season. I believe that both games have its characteristics that make them both interesting.

Yes and this is why we have a big price for the overall teams winner! You become Lord Vader for the atp, Senator Padme for the wta.

Adunar wrote:

Yes and this is why we have a big price for the overall teams winner! You become Lord Vader for the atp, Senator Padme for the wta.

Yes, I believe that also it´s a valid opinion, you could see that other members of the group think about this topic...

I am not against it. But that competition is all linked together. If you perform very well in the 250 you have less chance to win the overall competition.. meaning you are closer to the donkey than to the genius.

So in my opinion it makes no sense but if everyone wants to have new titles names just for the fun why not. But i will not be fighting for it.

And by the way, you are very welcome here. We never had a spanish speaking tennis fan in our group so it will be a first and it is great! No doubt will hit the 50 posts mark in no time. :-)

Adunar wrote:

I am not against it. But that competition is all linked together. If you perform very well in the 250 you have less chance to win the overall competition.. meaning you are closer to the donkey than to the genius.

So in my opinion it makes no sense but if everyone wants to have new titles names just for the fun why not. But i will not be fighting for it.

And by the way, you are very welcome here. We never had a spanish speaking tennis fan in our group so it will be a first and it is great! No doubt will hit the 50 posts mark in no time. :-)

I’m intrigued by this. I agree with Adunar that the coherence of the Teams competition would be undermined by awards for the different tiers. At the moment I cannot see a sensible way around that conundrum. However I would also be very interested if one of you statistical genii were to analyse in tiers the picks of, say, the top 5 team players, and see whether or not there are consistent correlations with the overall outcome. Just for fun!!

2016:-Diamond Droid and Captain Plasma Helmet Champ.
2018:-Ruby Droid and Jar Jar Dartboard Champ.
2019:-Yoda Crew Most Improved Player. 

I did that analysis years ago. Like ehat would be the optimuted 8 picks for all top10. It was quite a long piece of work...

Adunar wrote:

I did that analysis years ago. Like ehat would be the optimuted 8 picks for all top10. It was quite a long piece of work...

That must have been before my time. Did you share the outcomes on this site Adunar?

Adunar wrote:

I'm with you on this one too Arnie, creating new awards just for the sake of it is not what the Yoda Crew is about, as you say if you try and win the 250 teams or even the 500 teams overall you will very likely not win the Vader Trophy which is what the teams comp is all about, someone could just picked the big boys in the 250's and 500's and win both but there wouldn't be any merit among the group doing that.

Maybe put it to the vote within the group perhaps and see what the consensus thinks.....incidentally if we did have titles for the individual teams this year the winners would have been......

ATP - 250's Dtrain, 500's TennisElbow, 1000's Dwightcharles, GS Adunar
WTA - 280's TennisElbow, 470's Edu_Anackin, 900/1000's Tono, GS Backhandpass

2016 would have been......

ATP - 250's Edu_Anackin, 500's Dearest Tommy/Adunar, 1000's Adunar, GS HundredTennisStats
WTA - 280's Edu_Anackin, 470's Adunar, 900/1000's Tono, GS TennisElbow

Last edited by Tono (Dec. 20, 2017 3:42pm)

2021 AO Yoda Cup, 2020 Supreme Jedi UFTR No.1, Lord Vader 2018 Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme , BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Not many people in the Yoda Crew like the Teams comp more than me, but I agree, this would be adding comps just for the sake of it.

But regardless, welcome to the Crew Lexus, looking forward to locking horns with players old and new when things kick off in a couple of weeks.

Yoda Cups: Roland Garros 15, 18, 20; Wimbledon 17; US Open 20; Yoda Guru 2021
Obi Wan Master 16, 17, 20 Lord Vader 15
Han Solo Captain 19, 20
Player of the Year 17, 20

Great way to start a conversation Lexus...just 19 posts away!

20 Queen Droid & BB-8 Cup Wimbledon 14 US Open Yoda Cup16 Wimbledon 14 French Open Alpha Cup12, 13 & 16

Yo'all can go for second place - I'm going for the Lord Vader and Senator Padme - Thats why I joined Yoda Crew - To compete with the best and to beat the best... Don't need any other awards...

2020 Padme Cup WTA Team Champion & 2020 Rey Saber WTA Bracket Champion
2020 Yoda Crew Most Improved Player & 2020 Yoda Crew Trophy Case Award
2019 Obi Wan Master ATP Bracket Runner-up & Yoda Crew Green Quarter/Quindecim Award
2018 Lord Vader ATP Team Champion & 2018 Yoda Crew Best Newcomer

Murreee wrote:

Yo'all can go for second place - I'm going for the Lord Vader and Senator Padme - Thats why I joined Yoda Crew - To compete with the best and to beat the best... Don't need any other awards...

Haha - it was the teams comp that drew me in Murree but I’m now hooked on the brackets too;- not to mention the sophistication of GSFT. BTW - I’d be very proud to get anywhere near second place!! Go Murree!’

Last edited by Drivers (Dec. 21, 2017 6:25am)

Murreee wrote:

That's the spirit Murreee! First step is to create teams and brackets for each and every tournament. My personal demon and one I hope to correct in 2018. smile

TennisElbow wrote:

Not many people in the Yoda Crew like the Teams comp more than me, but I agree, this would be adding comps just for the sake of it.

But regardless, welcome to the Crew Lexus, looking forward to locking horns with players old and new when things kick off in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the welcome, in a few days the action will begin and although I don´t aspire to big awards this first year, I hope to gain a lot of experience inside Yoda Crew.

Milo wrote:

Yes, it seems that this topic had good hearing smile
I´m already coming to the goal...

Murreee wrote:

Bring it on Murreee, like to see that fighting spirit before the season starts. big_smile

2021 AO Yoda Cup, 2020 Supreme Jedi UFTR No.1, Lord Vader 2018 Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme , BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

I'm with Adunar on the Team titles topic

Drivers wrote:
Murreee wrote:

Haha - it was the teams comp that drew me in Murree but I’m now hooked on the brackets too;- not to mention the sophistication of GSFT. BTW - I’d be very proud to get anywhere near second place!! Go Murree!’

Gotta love the Teams comp. But it can be a cruel mistress.

Yoda Cups: Roland Garros 15, 18, 20; Wimbledon 17; US Open 20; Yoda Guru 2021
Obi Wan Master 16, 17, 20 Lord Vader 15
Han Solo Captain 19, 20
Player of the Year 17, 20

Lexus-GF wrote:
Milo wrote:

Yes, it seems that this topic had good hearing smile
I´m already coming to the goal...

13 more posts Lexus-GF...you should be joining us for The Yoda Cup. Do play GSFT?

Milo wrote:

13 more posts Lexus-GF...you should be joining us for The Yoda Cup. Do play GSFT?

Yes, I played the past US Open here in GSFT and reading the posts of the forum was that I found TDC where I took part in the last 7 tournaments of the year.

Adunar wrote:

Thanks for the welcome Adunar, and excuse everybody if find some errors in my posts, to write in English speaking Spanish is a challenge, I try to do it as well as possible.
About the teams awards, it was only an idea, but I see which is your point and if it is the decision of the majority, it will be ok. The debates of these days have been very interesting and I am glad to be able to belong soon to Yoda Crew.

And how do you find the TDC website? Any good?