Topic: Will Muguruza win Wimbledon,,???

Venus appears at the top of her game but Garbine looks confident and most importantly can hold serve...

#MuguruzaWinsWimbledon2017

Re: Will Muguruza win Wimbledon,,???

It should be a tight match, Venus has been serving and playing so well but Muguruza is peaking at the right time and with her serve should be able to keep things close. My biggest worry for Venus would be nerves especially being so close to another title. She started nervy in Australia (so did Serena) though I don't know how much of that was being back in a slam final and how much was playing Serena.

I think Venus is a slight favorite but a Muguruza win wouldn't shock me at all. Should be a great match

Venus handles power hitters pretty well, as her last 3 matches attest.
Muguruza has had more defensive players in her last 3 matches...
Adv Williams

Venus leads the h2h 3-1 with Muguruza's only victory coming on clay
Adv Williams

Muguruza is younger, playing only her 3rd slam final, whereas Venus is in her 16th.  Older players usually get nervous more easily

Adv Muguruza

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion

The bookies favour Muguruza ever so slightly

dwightcharles wrote:

Muguruza is younger, playing only her 3rd slam final, whereas Venus is in her 16th.  Older players usually get nervous more easily

Adv Muguruza

Good point about the older players, it's one thing that would worry me for Venus and more particularly Federer

#MuguruzaWinsWimbledon2017

Great win for Muguruza - Next consistent major repeat champion..???

#MuguruzaWinsUSOpen2017

I'll be honest: I'll be very surprised if Mugu ever wins a hard court Slam.  She just doesn't have the consistency.  But who knows?  She has two Slams to her name, now!  Maybe this is the beginning of her just going nuts and blowing players off the court.  Since I'm a fan of hers, I'd like to see it.  I just don't know if I can trust her yet.

She's had some success on hard courts, winning Beijing and making a Wuhan final. I favor her game more on grass or hardcourts but see no reason why she couldn't win a hardcourt slam if she gets hot. I wouldn't bet it or trust it but see no reason why it can't happen

In the current WTA landscape, I think it's possible for Muguruza to win the next 3 Slams in a row.  She has the game for it.  I just don't think it's likely.

Besides, we all know who's winning the US Open: 17-year-old wild card entrant Claire Liu!  That's right: main draw time!
Actually, if she could even just win one round that would be wonderful.

Someone is obsessed smile

Yes, and...?  tongue

Someone get the icelander a restraining order!
smile

Or a wedding license!

dwightcharles wrote:

Or a wedding license!

More like adoption papers.  That kid is my pride and joy.  She's the future of my tennis fandom all the way.

Let's reserve the wedding license for Petra, m'kay?  (ever since Zheng Jie betrayed me)

Marco19 wrote:

She's had some success on hard courts, winning Beijing and making a Wuhan final. I favor her game more on grass or hardcourts but see no reason why she couldn't win a hardcourt slam if she gets hot. I wouldn't bet it or trust it but see no reason why it can't happen

Murreee has reached his 50 posts and Marco19 is only one post away. So happy to have two such articulate and saavy tennis enthusiasts join our Yoda Crew!

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

1 more Marco..!!!

BTY: When do invites come out..???

Murreee wrote:

1 more Marco..!!!

BTY: When do invites come out..???

I sent you an email via the forum with TDC password for the Jedi Masters league.

Tony will send you the Yoda Cup invite soon...

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

Hi Murreee, your invitation to the Yoda Cup has been emailed to you, accept and make sure your auto match pick is turned off, welcome aboard.

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year
2012 - Lord Vader, 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Tono wrote:

Hi Murreee, your invitation to the Yoda Cup has been emailed to you, accept and make sure your auto match pick is turned off, welcome aboard.

Thanks Tono!

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

I have not received the email - I have checked even spam and junk folders...

My auto match pick is turned off..!!!

Murreee wrote:

I have not received the email - I have checked even spam and junk folders...

My auto match pick is turned off..!!!

Did you get my email about TDC with the JEDI MASTERS password? Also I sent your email address to Tono so he should send the invite there.

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

Backhandpass wrote:
Marco19 wrote:

Murreee has reached his 50 posts and Marco19 is only one post away. So happy to have two such articulate and saavy tennis enthusiasts join our Yoda Crew!

Thank you good sir! Happy to have the chance to talk about the great game with such knowledgeable enthuiasts. Looking very much forward to joining all of you in the Yoda Cup

*Also glad to finally hit 50 posts, I was sitting on 49 when the forum went quiet for a few days after Wimbledon so was just waiting for the chance to finally hit 50!!

Also congrats and welcome to my fellow enthuiast, Murreee!!

Congrats on hitting 50 posts! Tono will send you an invite to the Yoda comp. Please join us on www.tennisdrawchallenge.com for fantasy tennis. I'll send you the password to our league Jedi Masters. So great to have two awesome fantasytennis players join the YODA CREW.

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

I have not received any emails - Just the forum posts..!!!

Murreee wrote:

I have not received any emails - Just the forum posts..!!!

I resent the TDC password to your personal email address..I asked Tony to send the invite there too.

Marco19...did you receive our emails to you?

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid