Topic: THE VADER TROPHY! (Vader League 2017)

Hi everyone,

The Vader Trophy for 2017 is underway, Arnaud will be defending his title won last year, we can discuss our Vader teams and season progress in this thread.

With all the ATP tournaments being 250's this week it is looking like most of us are holding back on making any big picks, HTS wants to start the season strong in Brisbane though as he has gone with Raonic, Thiem, Tomic and Pouille.

If Brisbane hadn't started on Sunday I think I would have probably picked Kyle Edmund instead of Gilles Simon in Brisbane, looking forward to the Vader season in 2017.

Vader Most Popular Picks (Week 1)....
Brisbane - Tomic (8) OUT R32, Dimitrov (6)
Doha - Baghdatis (11) OUT R32, Kohlschreiber (8) OUT R16, Karlovic (8) OUT QF
Chennai - Bautista-Agut (9), Coric (9) OUT R32

Last edited by Tono (Jan. 5, 2017 11:33pm)

2017 - Inducted Into The Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year
2012 - Lord Vader, 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Re: THE VADER TROPHY! (Vader League 2017)

wth I thought their were no tennis till Australian Open!

Dtrain, there's still 3 tournaments for this week not started yet, get yerself over to TDC!

I need the link please!  Had all my tennis links saved but when I log in my history they were gone.

http://www.tennisdrawchallenge.com/

I found the link TE! Thanks for posting it anyways! If you have any other tennis links to post here please post TE! I lost all my tennis links I had in my history that was saved.  Not sure if Windows 10 messed it up or something else did.  Happy New Year TE! smile

Sorry Yoda Crew for asking tennis links but right now I am disoriented because of my tooth ache that flared up Friday Night! I do have pain medicine but usually they don't go in effect till 24 hours!  5 more hours and I will know if their working.

Happy New Year Dtrain!
Keep playing, we would miss you if you stopped!
Check out my website with fantasy tennis links:

http://winningtennistips.com/fantasy-tennis/

Happy pain free new year DTrain. smile

The popular picks in Vader this week aren't faring too well, Tomic, Bags and Coric all out in the first round, surely RBA won't lose his first match to Dutra Silva, surely?!?! hmm

2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year

RBA solid as ever, I see.  Nice Almagro pick, btw, Tono!  A few of you smarties took a chance on him and he's paying it forward.

I went with Kohlschreiber, like I always do, and was disappointed, like I always am.

Phew - made my Sydney picks with less than an hour!  Only noticed this by accident, just happened to be on the site, not aware of the deadlines.  That's now TWO weeks without missing a team.

Man, I might actually get a Perfect Team in Sydney.  Fear me, Yoda Crew.  And ignore my Auckland team, please.

Evans wins Arvis!! I'm 'very afraid' !!! smile

YES!  A Perfect Team thanks to an Imperfect Thiem.

This is just the prelude to my maiden Yoda Cup win.

Congrats Arvis!

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

I feel a spicy Vader contest coming in 2017...

I agree Jamie, spicy and very interesting with many contenders lining up to take overall honours.

Nice play on words with Thiem there Arvis. wink

113 teams picked with 9 hours to go.  I see that's almost double from last year!

Was reading the Yoda Cup chat, it didn't even occur to me Delpo isn't in the draw.  Don't tell me he's injured again!

One person that I see with a similar team as me is Tono - all of the same players but one, we picked different young Australian hot heads.

Some REEEEEALLLLY interesting picks in Vader for the AO.

Sousa?

Lopez?

I get that Thiem and Goffin don't exactly inspire confidence, but... to use a precious Slam Vader Team Spot for Feliciano Lopez just seems.... really dangerous.

But what the heck do I know?

Totally mental, which means it will probably work out fine for HTS & BHP

LOL, exactly what I was thinking, TE.

Sousa could be my Cilic...;)

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU