Topic: 2016 OGFT - Return of the "Lula"

OOOOOOK GUYS, HERE WE GOOOOOO!!!!!!!! (very excited)

This is the bracket competition for the 2016 Olympic games. It's going to be just like we used to do back in 2014. This is for Yoda Cup members only

To make your picks follow these exact instructions:

1. Open these links: ATP/WTA

2. Click on File>Download as>Microsoft Excel

3. After the download, rename the file with your name. Example: Edu's ATP bracket/Edu's WTA bracket

4. Open it. Insert your name where it says "Insert your name here" (it's the second sheet)by double clicking on it. You don't have to do anything in the "Actual" sheet.

5. In the sheet you just renamed it, you're going to see the bracket, that is where you're going to make your picks.
Starting in the cell B2, click on the cell, you're going to see the dropdown option (it's the little triangle in the right side of the cell), click on it and it's going to show you the two options (players), select one of them. The word "choose" right under that cell should disappear, if it doesn't you did something wrong.

6. Repeat #5 until you complete all of the matches. DON'T MESS WITH ANY OF THE DATA BESIDES YOUR PICKS!

7. Answer the tiebreaks questions. Cells G35 and G36

8. Save the file

9. Repeat #2 to #8 with the WTA bracket

10. Email me the excel files. Email subject: (Your name)'s brackets. Example: "Edu's brackets". I won't open the emails until the tournament begins.

11. IF you want to change your picks just do it and email me again, with both of them (ATP and WTA). But I'll only consider them if they get here before the tournament begins

12. Once I receive your email I'll warn here in this thread. I'll know because of the email subject.

Note: After you select your finalists, the losers of those matches will show under it. That is by design.

My email: edu_edicao@yahoo.com.br

Email already received from:

HTS - Marcus
Drivers - Jenny
Adunar - Arnooooo
Dtrain
Spotec - Martin (did not know his name till now)
Tono - Tony

Deadline: August, 6th 14:00 UTC

Ok, that's it. The third place wasn't in the spreadsheet originally. I've set it up, test it and it worked. If you guys notice something wrong with the formula please warn me.

As I'm not a master of spreadsheets as Charles, the third place (if correct) is going to award you the same number of points as the champion.
EDIT: I figured it out, now third place gives you 12 points big_smile

I am going to email my picks to Arnie and Tony. They will only open the email after the tournament begins to check if the my picks are the same.

Main spreadsheets:

Rio 2016 - Men

Rio 2016 - Women

Last edited by Edu_Anackin (Aug. 6, 2016 9:28am)

2018: Obi Wan, Rey Saber, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Most correct picks Award, Year End #2.
2017: BB-8 Cup, Year End #4.
2016: Padme Cup, Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Leia Tiara, Trophy Case Award, Rey Saber runner up, Year End #3.
2015: Lando Calrissian's Ring, GQ "The Green Anackin".

Re: 2016 OGFT - Return of the "Lula"

AWESOME

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Ok Edu I click on ATP then file download as microsoft excel then I tried to rename it but then I get this message error unresolved sheet summary!  I tried to type my name in the box where it says Insert your name here the cursor will not allowed me to type it in.

I have no clue what I am doing and I am not an expert on excel!  Please help!  mad

Dtrain, I've just downloaded the file, renamed it and the second sheet too (as a test). I don't what went wrong with yours. Try doing everything again

Last edited by Edu_Anackin (Aug. 4, 2016 9:47pm)

2018: Obi Wan, Rey Saber, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Most correct picks Award, Year End #2.
2016: Padme Cup, Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Leia Tiara, Trophy Case Award, Rey Saber runner up, Year End #3.

It still won't let me renamed it Edu!  I type my name in the box right.

I am not good with computers and the excel sheet!  So I know I am doing something wrong!  I also see this error unresolved sheet summary!

you have to rename the file you downloaded it (right click>rename) then open the file and rename the second sheet (double click)

Guys, if any of you have downloaded the two sheets already, please download it again. I forgot to change the range of the data validation in the 3rd place's cell. Now it's ok

You have two options. Download on your own computer or simply copy the spreadsheet renaming it. Then you can make your selection. The second option can be done on your phone.

Maybe you should send Dtrain a copy of what he has to fill in so he can do it.

Last edited by Adunar (Aug. 5, 2016 12:17am)

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Hey Edu can I play too please!!! smile

2016:-Diamond Droid and Captain Plasma Helmet Champ.
2018:-Ruby Droid and Jar Jar Dartboard Champ.

Yess, it's for all Yoda members!!!

(sorry, I forgot to mention that)

Adunar wrote:

You have two options. Download on your own computer or simply copy the spreadsheet renaming it. Then you can make your selection. The second option can be done on your phone.

Ok, I can do this. Dtrain, what's your email?

Edu_Anackin wrote:

Yess, it's for all Yoda members!!!

(sorry, I forgot to mention that)

Thanks Edu. smile I seem to be having similar access problems to Dtrain. Are you able yo email the sheet to me as well. Sorry to have to ask. I ised to be fine with Excel but since going to Windows 10 I do have difficulties at times!!!

Edu_Anackin wrote:
Adunar wrote:

Ok, I can do this. Dtrain, what's your email?

Dtrain35@Charter.Net is my email address Edu!   Can you explain what I need to do ste by step in the email!  Also if I need to email you do I put this _ after Edu.  Thanks again for your help Edu I am so sorry I am iliterate on the excel thing I do know some computer stuff but not like some of the yoda crew do and their all are smart! smile

ok, for you having problems, maybe this will work.

1. Open the links

2. File>Make a copy... (you have to be logged into your google account)

3. In the window that will open, type your name in the name box. Example: Edu's ATP bracket/Edu's WTA bracket

4. Insert your name where it says "Insert your name here" (it's the second sheet)by double clicking on it. You don't have to do anything in the "Actual" sheet.

5. In the sheet you just renamed it, you're going to see the bracket, that is where you're going to make your picks.
Starting in the cell B2, click on the cell, you're going to see the dropdown option (it's the little triangle in the right side of the cell), click on it and it's going to show you the two options (players), select one of them. The word "choose" right under that cell should disappear, if it doesn't you did something wrong.

6. Repeat #5 until you complete all of the matches. DON'T MESS WITH ANY OF THE DATA BESIDES YOUR PICKS!

7. Answer the tiebreaks questions. Cells G35 and G36

8. File>Download as>Microsoft Excel

9. Repeat #2 to #8 with the WTA bracket

10. Email me the excel files. Email subject: (Your name)'s brackets. Example: "Edu's brackets". I won't open the emails until the tournament begins.

Dtrain and Drivers, try that

yes, my email address contains the underline

Thanks Edu. Actually logging into my Google Axxount (if I have one!!) may sort it anyway!!

if you have a gmail, you have a google account. Login and password are the same

I'm gonna confirm the emails I've received in the main thread

Edu I open the link then did make a copy I was able to type my name in the box, I  was able to make my 2nd round picks however I got this message The data you entered in cell C3 violates the data validation rules set on this cell.! 
Argggg  I tried to select my picks for the 3rd rounds it won't let me.  I am so sorry Edu that I am having issues.

you have to select the two matches from the previous round before selecting the match for the next round

Dtrain wrote:

Edu I open the link then did make a copy I was able to type my name in the box, I  was able to make my 2nd round picks however I got this message The data you entered in cell C3 violates the data validation rules set on this cell.! 
Argggg  I tried to select my picks for the 3rd rounds it won't let me.  I am so sorry Edu that I am having issues.

That's the wrong sheet, Dtrain. You have to make your picks in the second sheet not the "Actual" sheet. Did you read all of the instructions?

Working for me now doing it this way. Thanks SO much Edu smile smile smile