Re: 2016/17 ULTIMATE FANTASY TENNIS RANKINGS!!!!

Hi drivers, of Course i made the 50 posts before Aussie Open. There werde no Special Rules for me smile...although I Would like to have some...

2017 King Droid & R2D2 Crown Champion, Yoda Crew Trophy Case Award

Well it is delicate. The rule is NO RETRO. But the TDC website is made auch that retro is activated this may be why you thought all your points were included.

I am neutral about his. I have nothing against it but if you scored the 50 posts after the start of the Aussie Open, then the rules are the rules. We have always applied them and many of us had to do an almost full year like this, including myself or dwight for example. I wasnt happy about it either but those were the rules.

What do you guys think?

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Yes Spotec, you did!!! I've already looked back and my confusion arose because you were able to start with TDC before completing the 50 posts and still have the results taken into account; - something that I've also been able to do and which I appreciate very much. The 'anomaly' mentioned in the last post concerns the disruption to the authenticity of the Ultimate Tennis rankings caused by the exclusion of my AUS OPEN results! It really has made a huge difference to my ranking and others have moved up the rankings as a result.  Fair play??

Last edited by Drivers (Jun. 7, 2016 3:06pm)

2016:-Diamond Droid and Captain Plasma Helmet Champ.
2018:-Ruby Droid and Jar Jar Dartboard Champ.

I think the sensible way forward would be to leave my AUS results out of the Yoda Cup as per requirements but to 'spirit' those results into the Ultimate Tennis Rankings in the interest of overall credibility for this fantastic new initiative. It's for the 'Board' to decide, I presume.........

I'm not a board member but it's ok for me to include Drivers AO result into the ultimate ranking. Otherwise it will be more than 7 months before the ranking make any sense for her. It will create a little inconsistency between Yoda cup and ranking but I can live with that.

ok everyone, after discussion here is what we're going to do:

We consider all points but spotec and drivers will have an asterisk in their names, meaning they didn't join in time, will be consider amateurs (fantasy wise) and can't be consider the real #1 because to be a "professional" you have to play the whole year. It's kinda sorta like golf. So basically we count their points but no eligibility for any titles regarding UFTR.

Last edited by Edu_Anackin (Jun. 8, 2016 11:34am)

2018: Obi Wan, Rey Saber, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Most correct picks Award, Year End #2.
2017: BB-8 Cup, Year End #4.
2016: Padme Cup, Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Leia Tiara, Trophy Case Award, Rey Saber runner up, Year End #3.
2015: Lando Calrissian's Ring, GQ "The Green Anackin".

Thanks Edu, and everyone else for taking the concerns  seriously. This is a good and realistic outcome from my point of view:- although I have a fair amount of experience with FTT/TDC for the men's game, where everything else is concerned I am very much an amateur. One of the most satisfying aspects of involvement in this group is the coaching that arises from the detailed and well informed comments and the opportunity to try to improve results. The latest GSFT experience has been a revelation!!!
Also, apologies Spotec if stirring things up has inadvertently messed up your rankings. If so, I really regret that.
Thanks again, so much, everyone involved. This truly is a very professional fantasy crew.
PS - I thought of heading this post THE RETURN OF THE JENI - but then I thought that would be too presumptuous! smile

Last edited by Drivers (Jun. 8, 2016 1:45pm)

Glad you like the outcome. We discussed about it and Edu came up with this good idea. Seemed fair and not (too) excluding. Yoda Crew is a very competitive league as you already know! Perhaps the toughest fantasy tennis league in the world!

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

You're welcome Drivers (what's your real name? kkkkkk). And in Spotec's case he didn't join Yoda (in TDC) from the very first tournament of the year so that's why. The rules have to be applied for everybody

2018: Obi Wan, Rey Saber, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Most correct picks Award, Year End #2.
2016: Padme Cup, Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Leia Tiara, Trophy Case Award, Rey Saber runner up, Year End #3.

And, multi talented Adunar!!

Last edited by Drivers (Jun. 8, 2016 2:29pm)

Edu_Anackin wrote:

You're welcome Drivers (what's your real name? kkkkkk). And in Spotec's case he didn't join Yoda (in TDC) from the very first tournament of the year so that's why. The rules have to be applied for everybody

It's Jenny, Eduardo!?

wink

Hello guys and Jenny smile

For me its fine...

At first I wondered why do I get an asterisk as well....but it came up to my mind as well...i joined the TDC group a little later...

...thank you for organizing...

btw...this was my post # 100...may I loose my asterisk now? smile

Last edited by spotec (Jun. 8, 2016 2:43pm)

Great to have you 2 guys aboard. I noticed you played Dream Team like me and Dtrain, Spotec. We all finished in the Top Ten - we'll have to set up a mini-league for Wimbledon!

I insist that the Dream Team scores are added to the Ultimate Fantasy Rankings or the whole thing is a sham!

(joking)

2018 Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Year End #3
2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup

For a second I thought you were serious...

LOL

TennisElbow wrote:

Great to have you 2 guys aboard. I noticed you played Dream Team like me and Dtrain, Spotec. We all finished in the Top Ten - we'll have to set up a mini-league for Wimbledon!

I insist that the Dream Team scores are added to the Ultimate Fantasy Rankings or the whole thing is a sham!

(joking)

Yes...lets do that. Do you create a mini-league? I will join....and I support your suggestion smile

big_smile I think Edu might throw the rankings in the bin if we insist on that, Spotec.

When Wimbledon comes around I'll set up a mini-league and invite everyone!

2018 Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Year End #3
2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup

UPDATED

World #1: Edu Anackin
Movers of the week: Tono and drivers went up one spot

Top 5:

Edu_Anackin
Adunar
Tono
HundredTennisStats
TennisElbow

You're going down Edu!

Not sure by whom, though.  Definitely not me.

LOLOLOL!!!!

UPDATED

World #1: Adunar
Movers of the week: Adunar and spotec went up one spot

Top 5:

Adunar
Edu_Anackin
Tono
HundredTennisStats
TennisElbow

Arvis wrote:

You're going down Edu!

Not sure by whom, though.  Definitely not me.

HOW DID THE ARVIS' CURSE WORKED BACKWARDS?!?!?!?!

PS: watch out Arnie is only two points wink

Ha ha! My bad, Edu. ;-)
You and Arno are going to be battling a lot in these rankings I think.

Good work Edu!

Man, the ATP (especially Vader) is letting me down this year, I never would have thought that the WTA would be keeping me up in 3rd place. lol

2018 - Princess Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Obi Wan R-Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame 2016 - Padme Runner-Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Race Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Arvis wrote:

Ha ha! My bad, Edu. ;-)
You and Arno are going to be battling a lot in these rankings I think.

I agree