Re: Predictions for 2016

Oh he is the tournament director of the Stockholm Open. It does say he "really" retired in December 2015.

20 Queen Droid & BB-8 Cup Wimbledon 14 US Open Yoda Cup16 Wimbledon 14 French Open Alpha Cup12, 13 & 16
King Droid 15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

Wow, Spotec! 
Nick as 3rd choice for Australian!!  holy cow!!  That is a super-bold prediction... I'm not sure he's ready yet... I was thinking he might start peaking more in mid-year...

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion, 2018 Big Fat Nothing

Regarding Del Potro: I read somewhere (just a headline) that he is eyeing a return in February/March.

Well, as already announced here are my thoughts regarding the big 4 of WTA:

- Big 4? Just kidding...there is only Serena.
- I think Serena will not continue the way of perfection of 2015
- she may win one or two slams but never ever the Grand Slam or Golden Slam
- the missed opportunity of last year is too much weigh on her shoulder

Last edited by spotec (Jan. 9, 2016 4:45pm)

2017 King Droid & R2D2 Crown Champion, Yoda Crew Trophy Case Award

My opinion to some of the other girls within the TOP 10

- no big surprises during the whole year
- Maria and Petra may win 1 Slam each
- perhaps Aga and Simona can reach another Slam Final and with some luck she can go the whole distance, but they do not have this killerstroke...

what about the other ladies?

- Vika will come back strong this year and she may win 1 or 2 Slams... i am quite sure.
- beyond this it is hard to pick someone out....there is too much average.
- maybe Bencic can continue her good performance of last year and Pliskova has the advantage of a big serve
- but finally the WTA tour is very hard to predict as you can see with the first 3 tournaments this year

and now ladies and gentlemen....having a look at the german girls.

- first at all: being a supporter of these girls is like living a nightmare smile

- there is so much potential but the girls always lose their nerves when it comes to the final
- I remember Lisicki playing the Wimbledon final against Bartoli...

- the biggest potential has Angie Kerber and I thought she may have a chance in this years Aussie Open. But todays final in Brisbane was disappointing once again and Vika was in control....and so there is no difference to last year

- Lisicki...no idea, she is waiting for Wimbledon the whole year but this is not enough...the results at hopman cup were cruel

- Görges had a good start and hopefully she will come back in style. She has the power and a good serve...she can upset once again

- finally Petkovic: you never know how she feels like. She even did not know whether she should better retire after 2015....so I think she will play this year and she will reach some semis or a quarters at a slam...but thats it.

and what about the winner of Aussie Open?

I really don't know...its an open field and this will be interesting to watch....

My prediction for the WTA in 2016 will be this.....Unpredictable!!! wink

2021 AO Yoda Cup, 2020 Supreme Jedi UFTR No.1, Lord Vader 2018 Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme , BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Great predictions Spotec,
you're right... the WTA is VERY hard to predict...
Serena is the closest thing to a sure bet... but even she can go totally off sometimes...

There's Serena...

and then, a long ways down, is the next level
Sharapova
Azarenka
Kvitova
Venus
they're all proven winners who 'might' win another big one - but you can never tell when or 'if' it will ever happen

And then the next level are players who are really good and probably won't win a slam, but lightning can strike (like it did for Pennetta)
Halep
ARadwanska
Kerber
Wozniacki
Safarova
Ivanovic
Jankovic
Bacsinszky

And then there's the players I hope will still improve and maybe challenge for the top in the future
Muguruza
Bencic
KaPliskova
Keys
Stephens
Bouchard

But making predictions... it's like throwing a dice...
(not that that's gonna stop me!)

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion, 2018 Big Fat Nothing

my Aus Open prediction has to be Serena
then probably Azarenka, followed by Venus or Sharapova
next up would be ARadwanska

So here's what Spotec said about Kerber

- the biggest potential has Angie Kerber and I thought she may have a chance in this years Aussie Open.

Pretty darn amazing, Spotec!

Arvis wrote:

- Andy Murray will fall out of the Top 5.

Of all my predictions, this one is the funniest (so far).  I also predicted a silver medal for Maria Sharapova at the Olympics.

Lol.

Speaking of Maria, now we know why she didnt even care watching the new forbidden drugs.. the Russian "state" was supposed to do their stuff. Hilarious.

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

dwightcharles wrote:

- the biggest potential has Angie Kerber and I thought she may have a chance in this years Aussie Open.

and I even said this....:)

- Djokovic will win 2 or 3 Slams, but not 4 Slams or even the golden Slam
- there will be at least one or two bad days, where someone will beat Nole in the big tournaments
- we saw it last year with Serena, that the Grand Slam in todays Tennis is nearly impossible

What's even more amazing about Spotec's Kerber prediction is that she was a point away from losing in the first round.  Still can't get over that.

spotec wrote:
dwightcharles wrote:

and I even said this....:)

- Djokovic will win 2 or 3 Slams, but not 4 Slams or even the golden Slam
- there will be at least one or two bad days, where someone will beat Nole in the big tournaments
- we saw it last year with Serena, that the Grand Slam in todays Tennis is nearly impossible

Hoping this visionary prowess extends to the Olympics Spotec!! smile. No pressure! smile. Well, maybe just a little!

2016:-Diamond Droid and Captain Plasma Helmet Champ.
2018:-Ruby Droid and Jar Jar Dartboard Champ.
2019:-Yoda Crew Most Improved Player. 

Well I did say the olympics would bring a total surprise on the women's side.. LOL. Dont know where I got that tip.

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

I predict that Tono will not win a Yoda Crew title in 2016....these even number years don't like me. wink lol

2021 AO Yoda Cup, 2020 Supreme Jedi UFTR No.1, Lord Vader 2018 Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme , BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Arvis wrote:

- Berdych, Ferrer, and Gasquet will struggle to stay in the Top 10.

- Cilic, Goffin, and Sock will push the Top 10 and possibly break it.

Berdych: 10
Ferrer: 19
Gasquet: 16

Cilic: 12
Goffin: 11
Sock: 22

I feel ok about this one.

Arvis wrote:
WTA

- After nearly having a Serena Calendar Slam in 2015, we'll see at least 3 different Slam winners in 2016, including one first-time Slam winner.

- Players that will fall out of the Top 10 by the end of 2016: Venus, Pennetta ( tongue ), Safarova

- Players that will challenge for a Top 10 spot in 2016: Bencic, Keys, Azarenka

So, I'm sort of right on these.  We did have 3 different Slam winners, but we had TWO first-time champs.
I nailed the second one.
And that third one was derailed by injury/pregnancy, but Madison Keys is #7 in the world right now. smile