Topic: The Princess Leia Tiara - French Open 2015

Ater a VERY long gap between the first and second Slam tournaments of the year, it's FINALLY time for our next Princess Leia Tiara competition!

The draw is up and ready to be filled out!

There is always a ton to consider in this competition, but the late rounds are by far the most important.  With injuries and inconsistency among the women's elite coming in, this French Open may be even more unpredictable than normal.  Whoever takes the Tiara here will have earned it, no question.

Remember: Backhandpass currently holds the lead in the Princess Leia competition with his 311-point victory in Australia.  Will he be a repeat champion?  Could someone break his record here?

If you don't play, you can't win.  The 2015 French Open starts in TWO days!

Last edited by Arvis (May. 22, 2015 3:46pm)

Re: The Princess Leia Tiara - French Open 2015

This one feels really tough to predict. So I just threw in a prediction in five minutes smile

As good a strategy as any, madman. I spent almost 3 hours on mine. :please

We got a great turn out for this competition. 11 brackets in total!

Arvis wrote:

As good a strategy as any, madman. I spent almost 3 hours on mine. :please

We got a great turn out for this competition. 11 brackets in total!

So you picked Bouchard as the winner, thats gutsy, Ill give you cred for that smile

Usually, "gutsy" = "stupid". tongue
But it's such a weird tournament this year I figured this was the year to take a flyer.

Last edited by Arvis (May. 24, 2015 1:44pm)

After Day 1, Dtrain leads here with 13 points, followed by Arvis, BHP, Edu and Mike with 12.

Arvis wrote:

Usually, "gutsy" = "stupid". tongue
But it's such a weird tournament this year I figured this was the year to take a flyer.

Nah man, gutsy is good. It's boring to just pick favourites all the time. I did pick many upsets, not so many in the end but in the early rounds but as I said I did everything in five minutes and that is probably stupid hehe big_smile

Anyone can pick Williams as the winner but how fun is that? big_smile

Thanks, madman.  I'm pretty nervous that Bouchard still hasn't played her first round.  I need that match to happen so I can get a sense of how the rest of my tournament is going to go.

UPDATE:
After Day 2, Dtrain is still in the lead here, achieving 35 points.  BHP is in a close 2nd with 34.

Hehe yes Bouchard has had it tough this year, she could lose in the first but I do think she will survive, it seems like she's started to play at least a little bit better lately. I don't think she'll win the French Open but perhaps a quarter at best I'd say. I would be really surprised if she did better than that.

Mladenovic has played fairly good this year, funny though she represent France but has a Yugoslavian name and Bouchard has the french name but does not represent France big_smile

Last edited by madman (May. 25, 2015 2:56pm)

Arvis wrote:

Thanks, madman.  I'm pretty nervous that Bouchard still hasn't played her first round.  I need that match to happen so I can get a sense of how the rest of my tournament is going to go.

UPDATE:
After Day 2, Dtrain is still in the lead here, achieving 35 points.  BHP is in a close 2nd with 34.

I don't like it when I lead early usually HTS Snolly or someone else catches me and passes me up. I rather be in 4th smile

place and then make my move!

Dtrain wrote:
Arvis wrote:

UPDATE:

I don't like it when I lead early usually HTS Snolly or someone else catches me and passes me up. I rather be in 4th smile

Hehe, lets see what we can do Dtrain!

Don't do anything HTS just stay where you are wink

I'm right in the middle of the pack... hmmmm.... typical!

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion, 2018 Big Fat Nothing

Dtrain is WAY ahead at the moment!  57 points, second has 52.

Dtrain STILL in the lead here, but now only 3 points ahead of Dwight and Edu.

won't be in the lead for long Arvis!

COME ON NICK!  big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

Wrong thread, Vegas. tongue

oops...sorry...just trying to get to 80.  hahahah

Schiavone lol Yeah what can you say. She's been playing horrible for such a long while and suddently when it's Roland Garros she just refuse to lose.

She ain't pretty, she doesn't play pretty but she's a winner. One of the most interesting playes to watch in Roland Garros. Her draw looks really promising also, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if she takes the title again but we'll have to see how she plays next match. She might lose in straight sets, let's see how well she'll recover from todays battle.

One could argue that Kurznetsova should've won today with all the chances she had but thats a lot easier said than done against Schiavone in this tournament. You never really know what to expect from her, she's such a fighter and plays with a lot of variation, hard to get any rhythm against her, then she makes some points that are unbelievable. I really hope this victory gives her more self-confidence now and that she can make a run once again. Much more entertaining to watch her game on clay than any other player on the WTA-tour.

Mike takes the lead!

And now, on the back of Muguruza's win over Kerber, Dwight jumps into the lead, being the first to hit 100 points!

Dtrain wrote:

Don't do anything HTS just stay where you are wink

Sorry, couldn't resist wink

Dwight still leading with 120 points