Topic: Yoda Cup - 2015 Roland Garros discussion forum

This is the place to discuss our Yoda Cup 2015 version!  Yes, Roland Garros is almost upon us.

Last edited by BHP--2012-13-KING-DROID (May. 24, 2015 10:39am)

20 Queen Droid & BB-8 Cup Wimbledon 14 US Open Yoda Cup16 Wimbledon 14 French Open Alpha Cup12, 13 & 16
King Droid 15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

Re: Yoda Cup - 2015 Roland Garros discussion forum

post 4

WOOHOO!!  Cannot wait.. I asked a question in the previous post... regarding readiness for the fantasy team selection availability.  Thanks!

Not sure of the exact date but the draw ceremony is this friday so after that date sometime we can start to pick teams.  Please see the post counter in the bottom left of your photo area so need to count your posts.

20 Queen Droid & BB-8 Cup Wimbledon 14 US Open Yoda Cup16 Wimbledon 14 French Open Alpha Cup12, 13 & 16

PK check out "other tournaments" for more topics to read and respond to. That is where out group "hangs out."

Welcome Poison to the insanity.  A word of caution.....everyone is super nice around here but they do know their tennis......don't be left behind...hhahhahahhh  I am thinking Stan.....

Has everyone made their teams yet?  I literally just spent about 6 hours on them and doubt I will make any changes.  Now comes the most pleasant torture known to man: waiting for a Grand Slam to start!

I did my picks.....I am rarely successful to begin with, but I am totally clueless in this particular Slam.  The whole Nadal/Joker thing is a wrench.

Very true about Nadal/Novak, Vegas.  Normally, the key to winning the French on GSFT is a good women's team, but this year it could be that one Quarterfinal match on the men's side that decides victory and defeat.

Nope, your Arvisness, I predict it will once again come down to the women's team.  Always does at RG.  Many great big flying wrenches thrown in the trenches among the wenches, y'know.

vegastriguy wrote:

I did my picks.....I am rarely successful to begin with, but I am totally clueless in this particular Slam.  The whole Nadal/Joker thing is a wrench.

Why did you pick two guys that met in the 1st round? You guaranteed a -16 for yourself.  ?????

vegastriguy wrote:

Hopefully Murray or Federer can clinch the title, "stealing" it from Nadal/Djokovic. That would be so awesome.

A second French Open for Fed would go far far FAR beyond "awesome".  It's simply not a realistic proposition.  You may as well be expecting Bouchard to win the tournament.

Arvis wrote:

A second French Open for Fed would go far far FAR beyond "awesome".  It's simply not a realistic proposition.  You may as well be expecting Bouchard to win the tournament.

Nah, Federer has a way bigger chance at the title than Bouchard. She's been really bad this season, Federer has played great the last year and he has by far an easier draw than Nadal, Djokovic and Murray has. Actually that is something that actually speaks for a winner from the bottom half of the draw, the really tough draw on the upper half. On the other hand, it has been seen in the past many times, having a tough draw can also be benificial sometimes...

Unless the winner in the first quarter plays a 6 hour marathon match then has to face Murray after that, let's see how that goes, shall we? (Djokovic decision to rest a little bit can be an extremely important factor for him in this tournament).

However, my prediction is that we won't see an extremely tough match in the first quarter I actually think Novak will run over his opponent fairly easy in the quarter no matter who it might be smile

Federer can face Monfils, that is a dangerous one though, but if he's in good shape I don't see anyone stopping him from the final, but he definitely needs to play good tennis, he can't afford a bad day, I can agree on that. But comparing his chances to Bouchard's is to push it too far I think. She's not even won a slam ever, plus had a really bad season.

Yes, it is a telling sign of Federer's year that I am actually worried about his potential clash with freaking MONFILS.

Arvis is known for being slightly facetious, Madman.  At least I hope so this time.  He did pick Bouchard to win the tournament though.

Lamonf is the banana skin match for Fed, maybe Cuevas will do Roger a favour and knock out Gael first. wink

2021 AO Yoda Cup, 2020 Supreme Jedi UFTR No.1, Lord Vader 2018 Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme , BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Don't forget Thiem too

2019: AO Yoda Cup, Obi Wan, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Performance of the Year, Year End #3
2018: Obi Wan, Rey Saber, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Most correct picks Award, Year End #2.
2017: BB-8 Cup, Year End #4. 2016: Padme Cup, RG Yoda Cup, Leia Tiara, Trophy Case Award, Rey Saber runner up, Year End #3.
2015: Lando Calrissian's Ring, GQ "The Green Anackin".

I don't see Thiem beating Monfils Edu, he will do well to beat Cuevas I think, he is going to be good but he needs another year or two on the tour I reckon.

2013 - Guru Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Well, I don't see it Cuevas beating LaMonf

2019: AO Yoda Cup, Obi Wan, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Performance of the Year, Year End #3
2018: Obi Wan, Rey Saber, R2D2 Crown, C3PO Trophy, Most correct picks Award, Year End #2.
2017: BB-8 Cup, Year End #4. 2016: Padme Cup, RG Yoda Cup, Leia Tiara, Trophy Case Award, Rey Saber runner up, Year End #3.

Thiem is going to ROMP Cuevas and Monfils! .................nope.

Why do you think I have three guys in that section? wink

I see Monfils pulling something and then has to retire!

Haha.......Cuevas is a pretty handy clay courter though Edu, a Fed v Monfils 4th round match will be highly anticipated, I think that's why so many of us chose either Kei or Tomas to make the final in Yoda, if there was no Monfils in Roger's section I bet there would have been more people predicting the maestro to make the final....I might have even been one of them, maybe. wink

I do worry about a fired up LaMonf against Roger though. hmm

nobody answering my off topic sad