Re: Tennis Draw Challenge - Results & Discussion

Fed looks just fine after his thrashing of Duckworth.

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

what was the score? I wasn't able to watch

love and one in 39 minutes!

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

that's a little more convincing! I will have to watch the highlights!

Federer SHOULD have lost that match to Mayer in Shanghai.  So scary.  The fact that he went on to win the whole tournament is probably one of the best things that happened all last year.

Well, Karlovic takes the 1st-set tiebreak from Ferrer.  Do we see the Spanish Terrier fall short yet again after playing so well?

-Arvis

I can even imagine playing a guy as big as ivo. I am pulling for ferrer to win.

Ferrer takes the 2nd!  Vamos, Ferrer!

EDIT: FERRER WINS!  Alright, Daveed!

Last edited by Arvis (Jan. 9, 2015 11:20am)

Less than 24 hours to make picks for Auckland and Sydney!

Hey Thexc, it's great that you managed to finish the standings on TDC, hopefully there will be an overall season standings as well.
But there is an error, because you can't see individual players brackets, you should correct that.

Last edited by Dragan (Jan. 11, 2015 9:45am)

Yes it will come. It will be green and red I guess. And Our picks should appear. I know Tom intends to do that but it will come later I think.

Champion: '16 Rey Saber, '16 & '14  Lord Vader, '14 King Droid, '14 Naboo Champion
Runner-Up: '13 Yoda Cup Guru, '15 & '13 Lord Vader, '15 Naboo Champion
Yoda Crew player of the year: '16 & '14
YC Wins: '12 & '13 Wimbledon

Not a good first week for you on TDC, Arnaud, but great for Swiss duo on the ATP tour.

Last edited by Dragan (Jan. 11, 2015 3:08pm)

Terrible week for me! But the season is very long. I really sucked in Doha, did poor in Chennai but okay in Brisbane.

Perfect start for Switzerland. Two titles in the first week of the year! That is INCREDIBLE! Can't wait for the Aussie Open..

Champion: '16 Rey Saber, '16 & '14  Lord Vader, '14 King Droid, '14 Naboo Champion

Dragan wrote:

Hey Thexc, it's great that you managed to finish the standings on TDC, hopefully there will be an overall season standings as well.
But there is an error, because you can't see individual players brackets, you should correct that.

Yes I still need to finish this, thanks for your patience!

Paging: Arvis, 30 minutes left to update your Auckland draw in light of Ferrer's withdrawal!

omg... I picked Almagro for the final and he's out in the first round...

Hey Subaru MG... we have a league you can enter if you make 50 posts in the forums... It's a really cool league of enthusiastic like-minded tennis fans.  If you can make 50 posts by the Aus Open you can join us and not miss a significant chunk of the year...

Was wondering whether Charles or Arnaud are running points totals for the TDC brackets this season , I'm sure Tom will get this sorted eventually though, congrats to Snolly on a great first week, any idea's of names for our bracket comps yet?

2017 - Inducted Into The Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year
2012 - Lord Vader, 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Thexc wrote:

Paging: Arvis, 30 minutes left to update your Auckland draw in light of Ferrer's withdrawal!

Johnny texted me as soon as he saw you post this. Went to the website on my phone immediately and there was only Sydney in the Edit section.
IDK what happened, but looking at my Auckland draw, it looks fine, I am happy with it.

Awesome week by Snolly and even doing well this week in Naboo.  Something to be said about home soil advantage.  lol

16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid

Yep!  Snolly is always dangerous in every competition.  I miss his posts in the forums.

-Arvis

I see that you (probably Tom) corrected a winner in the Nieminen-Duckworth match in Brisbane. Nice muve.

TAKE THOSE TWO POINTS FROM TONY WATSON! big_smile

Yes I told Tom there was a mistake and he fixed it ;-)

Last edited by Adunar (Jan. 12, 2015 4:23pm)

Great team work then. smile

Thanks guys, already enjoying the TDC format, no doubt in time this will become a very popular site. Sorry for the lack of posts, traditionally the summer period is extremely busy work wise, bushfires, storms & floods, so I have minimal time to get online to check what is happening. Of course I would love to help out where I can on the site, but as I can't be relied upon in the early months, perhaps I can randomly help out during the year if someone needs assistance.

I need to have a look at the Admin section, I am sure the link is around, but if someone could send it to me either here or a Facebook message.

Great to have the Tennis back

LOL @ "summer period"

Man, it sometimes feels like I am interacting with people on another planet. tongue