Topic: R2D2 - Paris Bercy 2014 - The City of Light Sabres

Welcome to Paris for the last event of the R2D2 Competition, a new hope. The King Droid will be crown by the end of the eventü Good luck to every one  smile

Here is the link to the google spreadsheet:

R2D2 - Paris Bercy 2014 - The City of Light Sabres!

DEADLINE : MONDAY 12.01 AM ET (6.01 am central Europe time)

Prize:  Emerald of Paris

Basically, once the draw is released, copy the 'actual' sheet and the 'blank' sheet into your own google sheet, make your choices and then share it with me. I will share my choices with two people before opening anyone else's. Or you can send me a list of your choices and I'll enter it for you. If you need more, here's the detail:

INSTRUCTIONS

Method 1 – google drive

1.  go to google drive, in the top left click ‘create’, then select ‘spreadsheet’
2.  on the new sheet that pops up, go to ‘file’, click ‘rename’, name it something appropriate, e.g. ArvisRO2014
3.  now go to ‘The Phanrome Tennis’ sheet (link in this post),   select sheet ‘actual’, click the arrow beside ‘actual’, select ‘copy to…’,
4.  in the window that opens select the spreadsheet you just created – this should look like a large empty box with the name below, e.g. ArvisRO2014 (step 2).  If it does not appear, then in the search box (beside spreadsheets) type the name of your new spreadsheet from step 2.  Find it, click on it, then click ‘select’
5.  in the window that opens click ‘open target workbook’.  This next step is very important:  rename the sheet from ‘copy of actual’ to ‘actual’ or your sheet won’t work.
6.  Now go back to 'The Phanrome Tennis’ sheet (link in this post), select ‘blank’ sheet, click arrow beside sheet name ‘blank’, click ‘copy to…’, pick your spreadsheet e.g. ArvisRO2014 (or search), click ‘select’, click ‘open target workbook,’ (close the other copy of your workbook if you have not already)
7.  click arrow beside sheet name ‘blank’, click ‘rename’, and name it something appropriate (eg 'Arvis')
8.  make your picks.  You will know it is complete when all the blue “choose” are not showing
9.  Now you must share your sheet with the organizer.  In the top right of your sheet, select the ‘share’ button
10. In the window that pops up select ‘change…’, select ‘anyone with the link’,  click ‘save’.  A new window will open with the link to share highlighted.  Copy it (can press CTRL + c), hit done.
11. Email the link to me at arnaud.humair (@)gmail.com before play starts on Sunday.

Method 2 – Excel

1.  go to 'The Phanrome Tennis’ sheet (link in this post),   select the ‘blank’ sheet.  Click in the top left corner of the sheet (in the square left of ‘A’ and above ‘1’), copy the sheet, paste it into Excel.
2.  Make your selections on the Excel sheet manually…  You’ll have to type the names yourself or better yet, copy them from column A as you make your choices in column B, C etc…
3.  Name it, save it, email it to me at arnaud.humair (@)gmail.com before play starts on Sunday.

Good luck everyone!!

Last edited by Adunar (Oct. 25, 2014 5:46am)

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Re: R2D2 - Paris Bercy 2014 - The City of Light Sabres

Draw is out!!! Make your picks!!!

This is going to be an interesting one. Always something happening this late in the season.

Okay guys I slightly anticipated the deadline. It is right after sunday midnight, monday 12.01 am ;-)

The only reason is that I am able to enter everyone's draw in the main spreadsheet at that time otherwise it will be on Monday evening and it is way more convenient to so this before the tournament starts. As it is during your night anyway (or day time for Tony) it should not change anything.

If you share the spreasheet with me before then you can change it until the deadline is over.

Have fun and good luck to everyone.

And props to Dwight who made this very clever spreadsheet smile

Last edited by Adunar (Oct. 25, 2014 5:51am)

I sent you my bracket, Adunar. smile

Anyone know if qualification will be finished before the deadline?

Yes qualification will be finished tomorrow. I will add the qualifiers tomorrow evening so you can make some late changes. You can send me your picks before and then the corrections whenever you want.

So far, I received picks from Arvis, Dwight and Jamie.

I sent my picks to Dwight and Jamie.

Qualifiers will be added in the draw later in the day.

I'll send my picks though when I get up tomorrow morning Arnaud, which will be tonight for you, hopefully the qualifiers will be added by then. wink

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year
2012 - Lord Vader, 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Just sent you my picks Arvis.

Well received.

I'm adding the qualifiers right now.

I'll be doing my picks later today.  Going to play tennis for the first time in months!

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

That's really good news Milo. Glad you are able to play tennis now smile Enjoy your game !

So qualifiers added into the draw. As there are no Qualifier vs Qualifier matches, you don't need to copy/past the new draw. I will manually change your Qualifier picks once I enter all your sheets in the main document.

My draw is ready and shared smile

Champion: '16 Padme Cup, '16 Roland Garros Yoda Cup,' 16 Leia Tiara, '15 Lando Calrissian's Ring (250's), '15 GQ "The Green Anackin", '16 Trophy Case Award, '17 BB-8 Cup
Runner Up: '16 Rey Saber, '13 US Open Yoda Cup, '14 R2D2 Phoenix Crown.

I am my own daughter!

Yes it is! SO far I got the draws from:

Arvis
Dwight
HTS
Jamie
Edu
Adunar

BHP and Tono will send theirs later. I hope Johnny gets his picks in as well. And who knows, maybe Betclik or Mike will come back wink

Okay I received Johnny, BHP and Tony 's picks.

Now that I woke up at 6 am, my internet connexion crashes. Really pissing me off...

.. EDIT: so I had to reset my internet connexion. Looks like it's working now.
Main spreadsheet updated with everyone's picks!! Let the show begin in a couple hours wink

By the way, I need your tie-breaker Tony!!

Last edited by Adunar (Oct. 27, 2014 12:37am)

So we all have Novak or Roger as the winner except Jamie who has Kei.

BHP and I have very similar draws.

It was very difficult to pick a winner IMO. Not sure either Roger or Novak will reach the final.

Just sent you my tiebreaker picks Arnaud.

I'm not even sure whether I have a shot to win the R2D2 Crown in 2014, you and I have have a lot of similar picks Ad, I've picked the Berd to make the final and he will have to do that for me to have any chance. hmm

I was going to go all out and pick either a Nishikori/Berdych final or a Ferrer/Berdych final, but I couldn't bring myself to do it, I don't see Roger making the final here, mainly because he will want some energy for the Barclays and the DC final, Novak could crash and burn too so we could see an unusual final perhaps, let's see what the final event of the year brings. smile

Last edited by Tono--2014-Yoda-Cup-Guru (Oct. 27, 2014 1:26am)

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year
2012 - Lord Vader, 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

I was going to switch my prediction at the last moment to Kei over Berdych, but I always like to "pick with my heart" in the last tournament of the year.

-Arvis

I think we will have a final between two outsiders.

Great 0/3 good start...

My first draw was a kei vd berdych final.. then it was novak vs berdych, then federer beating Novak.. finally picked Novak over Roger. But we all know anything can happen in Bercy. ..

I think most of us started 0/3 here.  I did get the Querrey pick right, though, but I may have given that advantage away with Young over Verdasco.

-Arvis

Woow I am now 0/5. Remember for next year in bercy: always pick the opposite of what I think.

I'm 2/6 and hoping Sock can close out Andujar to make it 3/7.

You'll have a much better day tomorrow, Adunar. That's how these things go. smile

-Arvis

Johnny's been telling me for a while now that GGL is the worst player in the world.  Maybe I should start believing him...

-Arvis