6) Del Potro
7) Isner
8) Berdych
9) Simon
10) Nishikori

Simon is ranked 11th now.  Just saying.

-Arvis

Re: 2012 pronostics

Well Federer has a shot for the year-end n°1 spot! You also foresaw that Arvis didn't you ;-)

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Bah ha!  Well, I'll just pretend like Wimbledon is the end of the year, so I can get that one right.

But if Fed has an Indoor Season this year like he did last year, there will be nothing to stop him from ending the year #1.

I also still believe Nishikori can hit the Top 10 if he can stay healthy.  But I have definitely cooled on Isner and Simon.

I wonder if Isner can find that Davis Cup form he had earlier in the year.

-Arvis

Well maybe he's keeping his best for the Davis Cup tie in Spain. It would be delightful if he could oust Spaniards Ferrer and Almagro on clay. Wow that would be even bigger than beating the Swiss and the Frenchies...

I wouldn't waste a dollar on that bet, though.

-Arvis

...and you we're right.

No that three quarters of the season are over as well as the four grand slams, the final top10 is on the line as well as the 8 places for the Finals. Or maybe 9 as Rafa will probabl not play there I believe.

Is Murray going on a giant killing spree after his Maidan GS title? Is Novak bouncing back in Beijing? Is Roger going to skip the asian swing again or will he try to go there and get some point so he can  get a shot at the yean-end #1 ranking?

Is Ferrer going to have a great indoor season? Will Berdych bring Czech Republic to a Davis Cup title? Will Del Potro play again this year? Will there be a great breakthrough for any player ranked 15-20 and get a top10 finish in 2012?

So many questions for the rest of the season..

Good job bringing this post back up, Adunar.  We have to go back and look at this after the WTF and see how we did. smile

My prediction of Gilles Simon in the Top 10 is looking like sheer genius* right now!

-Arvis

*read: a harbinger of idiocy to come