Re: The US Open starts soon...

Thanks Snolly. Looks like I'm making the trek tomorrow now. This weather for Murray/Berdych is a real bummer. Makes watching painful. I feel really bad for them both considering how big a match this is in both of their careers. Murray has much more an advantage. His game has so much more variety he can adapt better. Still this sucks.

Enjoy the tennis MIKE, hopefully the weather improves for both you and the players....Andy has got the Berd covered in this one now.

And congrats on hitting 50 posts too mate, I'm sure your invitation to join Yoda won't be too far away. smile

2021 AO Yoda Cup, 2020 Supreme Jedi UFTR No.1, Lord Vader 2018 Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme , BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Thanks. I'm excited for both. big_smile   Could Berdych come back yet?

I hope not because not only have I picked Andy in here but also in our other Fantasy comp in FTT, I don't have Berdych on my team in Vader so I'm definitely rooting for Andy to finish this.

2013 - Guru Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Yeah I didn't pick him either. He's starting to look much stronger. Murray needs to keep his head on and take advantage when he can.

Cant say I have ever really taken Berdych that seriously.... Is this a flash in the pan or perhaps someone we need to consider for next years grand Slams??? The jury is out for me at this stage...

The 6-2, 6-1 sets against Murray lead me to believe it was a mere flash of brilliance. He's worth picking for your teams, but too risky to put down as a finalist

Well done to Serena, a well fought match, which I guess is what we would expect. Looking forward to the mens final, could quite easily go the 5 sets, still think Novak will win. Lets hope for a long hard fought match.

I hope Murray wins but I think Noveak will hold the trophy at the end. It's going to be a close one I guess!

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

What an amazing women's final match. The place was electric!! A lot more Vika fans than I thought so that was nice. I've been waiting years for a final like that.

Today's match should be a great one. I hope it's up to the level of AO but I'm picking Novak in 4.

Yeah I would concur with you on that Mike, Novak in four for me too I think.....but you never know the Scot could surprise and win his first GS Title, he would need to be on and Novak slightly off though I feel.

Well a five setter with a result we probably didn't expect. Well deserved win in an epic battle. Well done Andy for your first Grand Slam win. One he wont forget, and I doubt many of us wont forget either. Both Mens and Womens finals were classic matches and probably the most enjoyable tournament to watch for a few years.

Definitely agree with you Snolly. What a great end to the tourney. Great matches. Congrats to Murray. It was the perfect storm for him with Fed going out early and Rafa pulling out.  If he didn't do it here I don't know when he would have gotten that first slam. Nole really died towards the end of that match. Must be disappointing after the rediculous highs of last year. That being said I'm glad this tourney's over  from a team perspective. It was by far my worst outing.

Yep, me too [for my worst GSFT competition].. though I'm happy Murray won this time.

It's great to have you in the Yoda Cup Mike smile

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Thanks Adunar. Really looking forward to it.

Congrats Mike!  Can't wait to compete against you next year.

Mike, do you do the ATP Bracket Challenge?  We have a league there that we all compete in.  Send me a forum email if you're interested in joining.

-Arvis

Yeah let's get Mikey boy on board in as many of our four comps as he is keen to compete in I say Arvis....welcome to the Yoda Crew Mike! smile

Thanks again guys. Sent it to ya Arvis.

And I have responded. smile

Hope you stick around, man.  This site needs more support.

-Arvis