Topic: A silly idea I had...

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q59 … gnment.jpg

What do you think?  Suggestions?

Re: A silly idea I had...

I love it! But I don't think Roddick is a chaotic evil...

Love the work!

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Thanks, Adunar!  Had a hard time with the placement of some of these.  Obviously "Evil" here isn't meant to be insulting, as there are no "evil" people among the top players, as far as I know.  So I thought I would go with "bad boy" types for "evil."

My initial thought for Chaotic Evil was Gasquet, but thought Roddick fit the bill a bit better because his "bad boy" attitude is worn right on the surface, whereas Gasquet is more of a nice guy who makes dumb decisions.

-Arvis

Yeah I agree that Roddick is maybe the "least worst choice" of all.

What about Almagro, Dolgopolov? Hewitt with his pumped up fist back in his big years? Karlovic with his boom serve? Safin would be the best choice though he's retired.

Almagro and Dolgopolov were both written down as choices for Chaotic Evil. smile
Also, Verdasco and, for a brief period, I considered Tomic.  But ultimately I thought all four of those guys haven't accomplished enough to be in the same company as the other 8 players on the poster.

Really wanted to put Soderling there, but he has been gone for so long and I wanted the poster to feel fresh and up to date.

-Arvis

Yep, Soderling would fit great in the picture too, that's for sure. Anyway, very nice work Arvis!

Thanks.  Ultimately it was probably too much thought and work for something only a very few will appreciate.  But for whatever reason, I really felt like it needed to exist and, since nobody had made it, figured it was up to me.

-Arvis

If you can go back in time, Chaotic Evil personified is Marcelo Rios, the Bad Attitude boy of all time.

Thanks, Don!  I guess, obviously, guys like Johnny Mac and such would fit the bill there as well.  I'm kinda sad that I didn't get into tennis until recently, feel like I missed a whole lot of great players.  But it's all these different personalities and attitudes among all the players that make the game so addictive, to me.

-Arvis

Ilie "Nasty" Nastase used to moon the fans, flip off the chair umpire, physically threaten linespersons and the like.  All of it was intended as a psychological weapon to throw his opponent off.  He was a piece of work but you couldn't help but love him.  Later in life (surely with help from Tiriac) he became mayor of Bucharest.   cool

I can't believe this thread was created nearly three months ago, and I've just noticed it! 

That's pretty cool, Arvy.  The Roddick one made me chuckle.

LOL, thank Wolmas.  I just assumed everybody had forgotten about this. smile

I think that image is the purest expression of my love for tennis I have ever conceived.

-Arvis