Topic: Brian Baker

After his poor hard court showing so far, he's going to play the challenger in Aptos, California this week.  http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/467/mds.pdf

Decent competition, as well as in San Marino.  I guess Brian Baker is looking for a direct entry into Cincinnati with a win here?  That, or he's just looking for a lousy win or two on the hard surface.

Re: Brian Baker

Baker loses in the first round to a borderline 200th ranked player.  I guess the hard court isn't his surface.  I guess that's a good thing - if he can play well on the grass and clay in the future as he did this year, he'll be the only current American to do so.

Or maybe Baker just isn't that good and was on some sort of REALLY hot streak.  How long has it been since he traveled or played this much competitive tennis?  I can't imagine the guy is really as fit as the Top 50.

-Arvis

I think you make a good point about fitness, Arvis.  He's been out for year. That isn't to say that he's particularly great at anything - like his serve- but his grounstrokes seem good enough for the dirt

With more work and experience on tour, maybe he'l earn better results.

I figured out how Brian Baker can get a win on hardcourt: put his opponent on my Vader team. *sigh*

-Arvis

LOL.....your magic works in reverse you reckon eh Arvis. wink

2018 - Princess Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Obi Wan R-Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame 2016 - Padme Runner-Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Race Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

It never fails, really.

-Arvis