Topic: The Future of Murray

The future of Murray in my opinion in Terms of Tennis is getting dire. As all in the locker rooms for the most part are continously complaining about him complaining, making excuses etc. Today watching the 1st couple of sets vs. Baghdatis, I see him looking to his box and complaining about his shorts. I mean this has gotten out of hand. To win Majors, one has to be complete physically and mentally. And I mean COMPLETE. When I see this type of conduct, all I see is a player in need of a Sports Psychologist not a new coach. There is nothing wrong with needing a mental boost just like a athlete needing a gym session. If Andy does not jump in a mental gym, and I mean soon, the new generation of players will slide right on in. The likes of Henman in relation to Murray are to very close. Murray so much more in terms of chances, but poor England will divorce him soon from the hope hill and begin to hunt for their next hope. I hope somehow Murray finds a way to tweak his game mentally, as getting any more physically fit will not just hurt him more, it will set him up for MAJOR disappointment. Any Thoughts? Coach Davis

Re: The Future of Murray

I agree Justin...Andy is still a head case and wastes too much energy IMO in the Slams complaining about points that he thought he should have won etc etc....could you imagine what his body language would have been like if he was down two sets to love against Benneteau instead of Fed!! hmm
I am not a huge fan of Murray's but he is very talented and I do hope he can nail a GS title one day...BUT I think unless he gets some luck with the draw he may go down in history as one of the best players to have never won a GS Title....he has a chance at this tournament but the public expectation will probably be too much for him in the end....I'm picking Tsonga will take him out!! wink

2018 - Princess Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Obi Wan R-Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame 2016 - Padme Runner-Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Race Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Well said Tono. I just got the chills though at the end of the match, as baghdatis and Murray walked off the court together. That was classy. On the other hand, would Murray have waited for Baghdatis if he had lost? I think so. Yes, Murray is a top Notch player, but the fact of the matter is, will he show up?? sad

Well for Andy's sake and the sake of the British media I really hope he does....the British tabloids will go crazy if he pulls it off....alas I think they will be saying "what if" once again at the end of these Championships.

Although I have Novak picked in the GSFT competitions I'm rooting for Fed to win his 17th GS and 7th Wimby...I think Nole is the favourite at the moment though, if Nole or Fed don't win it then I would like to see Andy, Jo-Wilfred or Ferrer win their first GS Title. smile

I do think it will be either Novak or Roger that will be crowned Champion though.....some great tennis action to come in the second week! big_smile

2018 - Princess Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Obi Wan R-Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame 2016 - Padme Runner-Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Race Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup