Topic: Federer's Done

Federer has began his decline--and I don't think he will win a Grand Slam in 2009. Its time for Djokovic, Tsonga and obviously Nadal (whose already in his prime) to assert themselves. Its a young man's game and he may not even beat Sampras's record (though I think he'll do a swan song at Wimbledon in few years time).

Re: Federer's Done

I'm a huge Federer fan, and I agree that he will never regain his past status as the most dominant player in tennis. But, he managed to get to another grand slam final beating some excellent players, so he is obviously still the #2 player in the world and should not be counted out. If he does not get injured, then he will win at least 2 more grand slams and become the all time great.

In my opinion, he's been done since the 2008 Australian Open. It's crazy to think that at the beginning of 2008 people were still saying it wasn't a matter of if he broke Pete's record, it was just by how much. I think he could still potentially break the record, but he would need to win Wimbledon or the US Open this year.

'12 GSFT US Open Overall Champ
'11, '12, '17 Yoda Cup US Open Champ
'20 Yoda Cup AO Champ
'17 Golden Droid & C3PO Trophy Champ

Well it looks like you were both wrong with Federe pretty much winning tennis and be the great player he is

Well, I'm now posting this in 2011 and after reading this convo, give me a while to quietly laugh at you...

2010 Australian Open, 2010 ATP World Tour Finals, 2009 Wimbledon, 2009 Roland Garros

Last edited by CrossCourt (Jun. 26, 2011 10:52pm)

He's still great, but he's not getting any better.

Not a sig.

Haha I'm really laughing when I read those posts from a few years ago...

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion