Topic: Andy Roddick

this veteran put on a great performance this year. he came back to reaching the FINALS of wimbeldon and losing by just a hair to federer. he may not have created the same magic at the other grand slams, but he did put on sunning performances against the people he lost to. he's the most underrated tennis star this year in my opinion.

Re: Andy Roddick

I agree that Roddick could have a good 2010, but he has been so inconsistent throughout his career. I want to root for him and support him, but he often lets down mentally in a tournament. The Wimbledon final was amazing on so many levels, but does he have the mental toughness to get to that level again?

and does he have a good physical advantage in 2010? his knee is still not fully healed so that might hurt him. but ever since he fired brad gilbert in 2003 or 2004, he hasn't won a slam, so maybe he should consider rehiring him.

From the looks of things, he's a lot happier with this new coach. And he did get to the finals of a grand slam pretty quick with this guy, so it's probably in his best interests to keep him. Also, would gilbert want to be rehired after being unceremoniously dumped? I probably wouldnt want to be!

Yes it was a shame he was physically unfit at the end of this year, he had a good one overall. His first injury was his hip when he fell during that Wimbledon final, which must have been an even bigger kick in the teeth after the final score.

His mental strength is certainly a factor. He often gets frustrated and lets it get to him; something Delpo has also struggled with. But Roddick is a older and more experienced, so he shouldn't really let it take control!

very true once anger takes control of roddick he just loses it!