Topic: Avatar Not on Forum Pages

I posted this request in an earlier discussion about the avatar- definitely the wrong place, needed to do new request.  Sorry about the mix-up!

My avatar for the home page shows, but it does not transfer to the forum discussion page.  Is there something special I need to do to have it show in both places?  Oh, I see my avatar does not show on this page, either.  What can I do to have it show on all pages I post?

By the way, I am new to this fantasy board.  It is such fun to play fantasy, here.  I like the set up with the players and the sections; that is so sophisticated, and it is user-friendly to boot.  I love the opportunity that is possible when the fourth round picks begin. And, I love the opportunities to grab bonus points.  I am enjoying this fantasy board.  Thanks for creating it and allowing so many of us to join the fun.

Re: Avatar Not on Forum Pages

SAWLEO wrote:

I posted this request in an earlier discussion about the avatar- definitely the wrong place, needed to do new request.  Sorry about the mix-up!

My avatar for the home page shows, but it does not transfer to the forum discussion page.  Is there something special I need to do to have it show in both places?  Oh, I see my avatar does not show on this page, either.  What can I do to have it show on all pages I post?

By the way, I am new to this fantasy board.  It is such fun to play fantasy, here.  I like the set up with the players and the sections; that is so sophisticated, and it is user-friendly to boot.  I love the opportunity that is possible when the fourth round picks begin. And, I love the opportunities to grab bonus points.  I am enjoying this fantasy board.  Thanks for creating it and allowing so many of us to join the fun.


As you can see, I finally solved the issue of the "missing" avatar on my own.

Re: Avatar Not on Forum Pages

How did you do it?  I don't see mine showing in the forums. I had a lot of problems just getting mine to show on my home screen. Thanks.

Re: Avatar Not on Forum Pages

MIKETM732 wrote:

How did you do it?  I don't see mine showing in the forums. I had a lot of problems just getting mine to show on my home screen. Thanks.

While exploring the sections of the board, the process was discovered quite by accident.  I do not know whether this route to inserting the avatar is the most efficient, but it worked for me.  As it turned out, the avatar on my Home page was too large for the Forum page and the Help page.  By the way, you need to have an avatar located else where on your computer before beginning the process because the process will not allow you to paste the settings; it requires you to upload the avatar.

The process: While on the Forum page or the Help page, click on your nickname (MIKETM732).  You will be sent to another Profile page.  Across the second black bar you will see menus (Introduction, Identity, Settings, Signature, Avatar).    Click on the Avatar menu, and then follow the instructions.  Again, you must browse another section of your computer to upload your avatar.

By the way, do not worry about the language regarding the existing avatar being removed; you do not have an avatar in this section to remove, and the avatar on your Home page will not be affected.  My Home page avatar and my Forum avatar are different.

I hope this works for you.  Good Luck

Last edited by SAWLEO (Jan. 25, 2012 1:43am)

Re: Avatar Not on Forum Pages

As you can see SAWLEO, it worked. You are a genius. It was driving me a bit crazy. Thanks so much for your help.

Re: Avatar Not on Forum Pages

MIKETM732 wrote:

As you can see SAWLEO, it worked. You are a genius. It was driving me a bit crazy. Thanks so much for your help.

You are welcome!  Not so much a genius as a tinkerer.  It was driving me crazy, too.  I smiled when I saw your avatar. I am happy the process worked for you.