Topic: Admin contact?

Hi GSFT,

I spotted a notice saying that there will be no more GSFT. I'm very sad to hear that. Myself and a small group of friends have participated on this site for years now and really look forward to each Grand Slam. The tournament enhances the watching experience.

If there is no intention to take this project forwards I might be willing to take over management of the service to keep the tournaments running for the hundreds of people that are still participating. If that's something your team might be willing to consider I can be reached at [REMOVED AS I ASSUME NO INTEREST - PM ME IF THIS CHANGES].

Best regards,

Last edited by Wiseblood (Jun. 13, 2021 3:39am)

Re: Admin contact?

Me too would be very sad if GSFT came to an end as me and some friends have been participating in the competition for almost 3 years now. Every tournament winner of our league even was granted a trophy. (As we are germans the trophy of course was a beer glass, individually engraved like this: https://www.directupload.net/file/d/6197/pag3l47c_jpg )
If the discontinuation is due to money (server costs etc.) I am sure the community would be willing to raise it.
If it is due to a lack of time there for sure are community members like Wiseblood who would be willing to help out.
Please keep GSFT running cool

Last edited by MansourBahrami (May. 28, 2021 7:36am)

I think the issues were more to do with the backend becoming difficult to do and I don't think it's easy to pass on the keys so to speak

Yoda Cups: Roland Garros 15, 18, 20; Wimbledon 17; US Open 20, 21; Yoda Guru 21, 22
Obi Wan Master 16, 17, 20 Lord Vader 15
Han Solo Captain 19, 20
Player of the Year 17, 20

Well I am not enough of an IT guy to even know what a backend is so I definitively can't assess the situation. All I can say is that the members of my league were very sad when I told them that there won't be any more GSFT competitions.
As matters now stand with apparently no shimmer of hope for GSFT has anyone figured an alternative? We really liked the combination of picking a team and predicting matches. Can this be found somewhere else?

I also wanna thank whomever has been running this site. I don't know if it was a team or a single person but whoever it was: Thanks for making the past Grand Slams even more fun than are anyway!

Is that confirmed? Where did you see this message? sad

It is on the main page right above Sharapova.

TennisElbow wrote:

I think the issues were more to do with the backend becoming difficult to do and I don't think it's easy to pass on the keys so to speak

There's a possibility that I could address any issue of this nature, though it would likely take a while (may not be back up and running this year).

Today i spent some time looking for alternatives. As expected I found none that combines building a team and match predictions so all of them are quite a setback compared to GSFT.
The ones I found are fanslam.us , tffdreamteam.com/frenchopen/index.php , fantasy.rolandgarros.com , tennisdrawchallenge.com , stringtheory.ie , and smart phone app smash.it .
If you are into predicting every single match or managing a team throughout a whole season tennisdrawchallenge.com probably is the way to go.
On fantasy.rolandgarros.com and stringtheory.ie (men's singles only) you don't predict every single match but only some of them. Both sites got quite interesting approaches.
As my friends and me are more into building a team we will continue on fanslam.us . There every players earns you the amount of points he won in percentage of all points played in his match.

That being said if there is any chance for a comeback of GSFT we would love it to be jumped at. None of the alternatives I found can keep up with GSFT. Now that I had a look at the other sites, it almost feels like the holy grail of fantasy tennis.

Last edited by MansourBahrami (May. 29, 2021 1:32pm)

MansourBahrami wrote:

As my friends and me are more into building a team we will continue on fanslam.us . There every players earns you the amount of points he won in percentage of all points played in his match.

We're just going with a shared Google spreadsheet with the same rules as GSFT.