Re: THE VADER TROPHY! (Vader League 2019)

Thanks again Arvis

Congrats to those who scored Vader points last week, I will be deleting it from my memory banks

2018 Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Year End #3
2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup

That Rio tournament was a killer, let's hope it's not terminal.

2018 - Princess Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Obi Wan R-Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame 2016 - Padme Runner-Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Race Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Dubai
Most of us had Feddy, a few of us had Tsitsi, and fewer still had Coric.  But only ONE of us had all three, and that was Aiur, who got the win here with an impressive score of 980 points.  Had one of his other two players won even one match he would have broken 1000.  The bottom 4 here all saved themselves a Feddy pick, so that might come in handy some time later, if he can get more than 500 points in a different tournament.  However, they'll have to be sorry that he didn't go out early.  Spotec, HTS, and Johnny all brought up the rear here with only 390 points, 590 points off the leader.
One thing to watch here are the Nishikori picks.  He can be a high value pick at Slams and Masters, but was only worth 45 here.  Will some of the Kei pickers here be left high and dry during the post-USO season?

Acapulco
Only Adunar had Nick The Lord here and, as a result, he annihilated all of us!  Johnny and HTS were painfully close to a PT here, if only Wawa had beaten Nick.  But instead, they share second while Adunar wins with 950 points, a massive 500 point boost over every single other Jedi.  Absolutely amazing pick, Adunar!
Edu was one of only two who didn't take runner-up Zverev here and finished in last, 635 points behind Adunar.

Sao Paulo
Everybody but Snolly had Pella on their team here, so we all did pretty decently here.  Snolly only had 45 points tough.  That sucks.
Edu got the win with 360 thanks to his Djere pick, which was less than 100 above everybody else besides Snolly.  It really is like the entire class got free candy, except the teacher ran out by the time he got to Snolly.  Oof.

Overall Vader Standings
1. Dwight: 9315
2. Tenedab: -205 ↑25
3. Dtrain: -320 ↑70
4. Murree: -520 BOUNCE BACK
5. Arvis: -620 ↓100
--- Snolly eliminated ---

Dwight struggled a little bit, but not too much.  Arvis is the only Top 5 member who didn't gain points on Dwight this week, but he retains his spot for another week thanks to Snolly's poor performance.  Murree was obviously ticked to drop off the Vader Top 5 as quickly as he did, so he made sure to land a nice body blow this last week.  Great bounce back from him.

I was one of 5 Jedi who didn't have Delpo on his team last year and missed out on 1000 points.  I refuse to have that happen again!*

*this statement neither confirms nor denies that I will be picking Delpo

Thanks Arvis, though I believe that Delpo has pulled out of IW this year. Does that make things easier?

2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year

Arvis - Pick Delpo anyway - You could get a good LL..!!!

2018 Lord Vader
2018 Yoda Crew Best Newcomer

I like Murree's plan!  Someone please add Delpo to the IW draw somewhere.

Just pretend he was replaced by Kyrgios.

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Done!  I'll definitely win now!

Indian Wells
A staggeringly epic victory for Johnny Incognito here!  The ONLY Jedi to have the winner, Thiem, on his team, Johnny breaks the 2000 point barrier for a HUGE windfall in this 2019 Vader competition!  Absolutely incredible!
The only weird thing about this epic victory?  It was really, really freaking stupid and flukey and Johnny-like.
Oh, you used one of your 6 picks on an injured, out of form player who withdrew and was replaced by a Lucky Loser, because you're an idiot?  HERE'S 180 POINTS!  Oh, you used another of your 6 picks on a player with only 1 hardcourt win all year?  HERE'S 1000 POINTS!!

Dumbest tournament ever.

I mean, uh... awesome job, Johnny!

Last place Edu scored only 925, an absurdly long way back off the leader.  I'm really curious what these results did to our Vader Top 5...

Overall Vader Standings
1. Tenedab: 10575 ↑315  ↑1 rank
2. Dwight: -110 ↓315  ↓1 rank
3. Tono: -280 NEW
4. Dtrain: -340 ↓20 ↓1 rank
5. Murree: -550 ↓30
--- Arvis eliminated ---

With all the crazy results, it was Tenedab (of course) who stayed the course and kept his ship stable, getting a nice 360 point boost from Raonic and only losing to two players who made terrible pre-tourney decisions.  Once Tenedab gets a lead in Vader, her rarely relinquishes it, because he's just too solid.  This Vader competition has really gotten hot now.
Dwight was our leader going into IW, but he had a rather middling result.  Still, he's in a strong position to recapture that lead.

Nice work Johnny!

Thanks TE and thanks (i think) to Arvis for his write up that showed how jealous he is LOL

Vader is going to be hotly contested this year I think, only 1355pts separate 1st from 14th, one Ostapenko or Cilic pick in a GS will change everything. wink

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Obi Wan R-Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame 2016 - Padme Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Your FACE is jealous, Johnny

Miami

Of the four Jedi who had Isner on their team here, who was the only one who ALSO had Feddy?  Hint: he's named after a train.  DTRAIN gets the win here with 1800 points!  Really nicely done, Dtrain!  He was 250 over 2nd place Murree, who is rounding back into form, and a staggering 1410 over last place Johnny, who got so drunk on his IW success he decided to not use ANY big player picks here.  10 out of 15 of us scored at least 1000 points, with Adunar being the only one without Federer to achieve that.
Dtrain was #4 in Vader after IW, could this win be enough to get him to #1?

Overall Vader Standings
1. Dtrain: 12035 ↑745  ↑3 ranks
2. Dwight: -405 ↓295
3. Murree: -460 ↑90  ↑2 ranks
4. Tenedab: -615 ↓725  ↓3 ranks
5. Snolly: -750 NEW
--- Tono eliminated ---

He's done it, folks!  Dtrain takes the lead in Vader!  The official end of the first hard court swing is over and it's Dtrain who has performed the best in Men's Teams.  Can he keep up his momentum for the clay and grass portions of the calendar?
No sooner had I talked about how steady Tenedab is in Vader than he serves up a dog's breakfast in Miami.  Don't think he's done, though.  Not by a long shot.
Props to Murree for getting back into form here, as well as Snolly for silently sneaking his way onto the leaderboard without any of us noticing.  And of course, well done to Dwight for maintaining his #2 spot amidst all the tumult.

Great work taking the lead in Vader DTRAIN...!!!

The Isner pick worked out well for you and was a very smart pick since he was the defending champ and Djokovic went out early...

All Aboard the DTRAIN this week..!!!

2018 Lord Vader
2018 Yoda Crew Best Newcomer

Yes, nice work Dtrain and others who picked Fed & Isner, I was closer to picking Federer than I was to Isner in Miami, we needed some intel on how fast the courts were going to be prior to making our picks. lol

Houston
What I believe is a record SEVEN Jedi scored a zero here.  Seven!
Meanwhile, Johnny had 3 of the 4 highest scoring players for a total of 490 points.  Good grief!

Marrakech
Only one player had Paire on his team here, and that was Arvis.  It was enough to get him the win here with 290 points and make last week an Iceland Double in Vader, although Johnny's win was obviously much more impressive.
Snolly came second with two SFists on his team, 70 points behind the winner.  And bringing up the rear here were Aiur, Edu, and BHP, who only managed one match win for 20 points total.

Overall Vader Standings
1. Dtrain: 12430
2. Dwight: -535 ↓130
3. Murree: -580 ↓120
4. Snolly: -695 ↑55  ↑1 rank
5. Tenedab: -850 ↓235  ↓1 rank

Not much happening here, but Dtrain had another good week, furthering himself a bit from his closest competition.  Tenedab has been struggling in this comp the last couple weeks, dropping yet another ranking spot.  He's still 140 above Arvis in 6th place, though.

Last edited by Arvis (Apr. 15, 2019 1:44pm)

GO ICELAND!

Hasn't been a profitable few weeks in Vader since IW for me, I gotta try and stop the slide somehow or do a Jamie and pick a Dusan Lajovic pick. wink

Congrats to Jamie and Arnie on their respective Lajovic and Fognini picks in Monte Carlo, crazy results to start the build up to RG.

Yes, excellent picks and great job to Jamie and Arnie. smile

Monte Carlo

Another massive result in Vader, Adunar is the only one to pick the winner, Fognini, for his team and gets himself 1000 cheap points that nobody else gets!  Props also to TE who got 600 points for unseeded Lajovic, which is almost just as incredible.
Adunar finished with 1595 points, 410 above TE in 2nd and a full 1035 over last place Tono.  That's a huge margin!  However, none of these three were in the Top 5 before this tournament, so let's see how things have shaken out after a crazy week in Monaco.

Overall Vader Standings
1. Dtrain: 13110
2. Murree: -265 ↑315  ↑1 rank
3. Dwight: -615 ↓80  ↓1 rank
4. Adunar: -660 NEW
5. Snolly: -695 ↓1 rank
** Tenedab eliminated **

Adunar definitely mae himself extremely relevant in this race with that Fognini pick!  Amazing job, Adunar!  Dtrain and Murree are still comfortably in the 1 and 2 spots, but this is a marathon, not a sprint.  Will they be able to keep up their momentum, or will they run out of picks?  All we know for sure is that this race just got even more interesting.

Thanks Arvis! smile

Vader is taking no prisoners this year, the Dark Lord comp is a real topsy turvey competition in 2019, we all need to find those Fognini/Lajovic type picks this season to be in the hunt I think, congrats to Arnie and Jamie on the Fabio and Dusan picks.

Murreee wrote:

Great work taking the lead in Vader DTRAIN...!!!

The Isner pick worked out well for you and was a very smart pick since he was the defending champ and Djokovic went out early...

All Aboard the DTRAIN this week..!!!

Thanks Mureee!