Re: THE PADME CUP! (Padme League 2019)

Acapulco
Our top two players here both had three SFists (minus Yafan, obviously), however Tenedab got a zero for Anisimova while Sloane won one match for Arvis, getting him an extra 29 points over Ol' Tenny, with a grand total of 430. Not too shabby for a 280 with no winner on his team.
Adunar brought up the rear here, 288 points behind Arvis' score.  Hardly revenge for Budapest, but it's something. #notbitter

Padme Standings
1. Tenedab: 9850 ↑229  ↑2 ranks
2. Snolly: -16 ↑162
3. Edu: -46 ↓46  ↓2 ranks
4. Arvis: -98 ↑212  ↑1 rank
5. TE: -166 ↑103 ↓1 rank

Well, Edu's massive leap into the top spot last week was followed up with a just-as-quick drop out of the #1 spot.  Edu had a lead margin in the hundreds going into Acapulco and that was quickly wiped away.  While Tenedab may not have gotten the tourney win, his performance was good enough to take the Padme lead!  However, the margins are the slimmest we've seen in weeks.  The entire Top 4 are within less than 100 points of each other.  To put that in perspective, if one player makes the R16 in Indian Wells, that's worth 120 points.  I think this entire Top 5 could be shaken up completely after just IW, much less Miami on top of it.

Thanks for the summaries Arvis, good job as always. big_smile

2018 - Princess Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Obi Wan R-Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame 2016 - Padme Runner-Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Race Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Thanks Arvis. It's very nice as well as your great faith in the leadership smile

Hey, now, Tenedab.  Lots of points are on offer here!  For example, last year, you, Adunar and TE shared the Padme win in IW with........ 1040 points?  That's not very much.  And it was only a 400 point gap on last place.  Man, there really wasn't much creativity in our IW Padme picks last year.

Never mind then. tongue

i would be pretty surprised if there is much difference in our womens teams at IW

Prepare to be surprised Johnny!

2018 Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Year End #3
2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup

I am no better in my second year with the WTA than I was in my first year - Maybe even worse..!!!

At least its fun watching everybody else compete... Tenedab is a very balanced competitor...

Could Indian Wells be a turning point for us cellar dwellers..!!!

PS: Tenedab is a very balanced ATP/WTA competitor...

2018 Lord Vader
2018 Yoda Crew Best Newcomer

Indian Wells
Johnny was half-right: there wasn't that much variation among our teams, and nobody had the Winner.  Only two had runner-up Kerber, but they didn't even get the high score!  That honor went, once again, to Tenedab, the only player to have both Bencic and Svitolina, getting him to a final score of 1245, just enough points to squeak past Tono for first place, by a margin of 10.  Murree and Spotec also broke 1000 here.
Last place HTS had only one QFist and no players beyond that point, finishing with a final score of only 485, well under half Tenedab's score.

Padme Standings
1. Tenedab: 11095
2. Edu: -371 ↓325  ↑1 rank
3. Arvis: -423 ↓325  ↑1 rank
4. Drivers: -593 NEW
5. TE: -601 ↓435  ↓1 rank
-- Snolly eliminated --

Dang, Tenedab.  Way to kick all of our butts!  While these totals are by no means insurmountable, even the space of one tournament, it still shows how solid Tenedab is here, always finding one crucial pick to keep him ahead.  Those 325 points Edu and Arvis lost to him?  That was one SFist: Bencic for Arvis, Svitolina for Edu.  Arvis and Edu did well, but it was Tenedab who had BOTH players.  That little bit of extra calculated risk (Tenny had Osaka AND Bencic on his team, hedging his bets in that section) is often the difference you need to get to first place in a competition like this.
Although Snolly is only 10 points behind 5th place TE, when you consider that he was only 16 points behind Tenedab coming into IW, it puts his terrible result there into perspective.

A better week for me in IW thanks to Angie, looking for another in Miami to back it up now, could be a bit of a lottery though.

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Obi Wan R-Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame 2016 - Padme Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Thankfully, this week has been better than the last, what a struggle.

Barty and Pliskova pickers in Miami would be happy, sadly I wasn't one of em. hmm

Johnny_Incognito wrote:

i would be pretty surprised if there is much difference in our womens https://besttoolbackpack.com/ at IW

Me too.

Last edited by raileec (Apr. 4, 2019 12:29pm)

Miami

Only Tenedab and Arvis had both Finalists on their team here, and although their other selections mostly differed they all lost in the same round.  So they tied for the win, right?  Nope: Arvis chose the wrong Belarussian, with Sabalenka gaining no points, while Azarenka gained some with a first round win.  This means Tenedab won Miami by 25 points!  That may not sound like much but a win is a win, and Tenedab is good at getting them.  He also beat last place Johnny by 1520 points.  I don't even know how to put that in perspective.  For once, though, Johnny isn't alone, as both Edu and TE scored less than 400.  Both of those guys were in the Top 5 coming into Miami, so they're almost certainly gone.  Who will replace them?
(note: the following standings reflect the first few results of Charleston/Monterrey)

Padme Standings
1. Tenedab: 12929
2. Arvis: -419 ↑4  ↑1 rank
3. Drivers: -820 ↓227  ↑1 rank
4. Snolly: -983 BOUNCE BACK
5. HTS: -1600 NEW
-- Edu, TE eliminated --

Tenedab may have had a bad week on the men's side, but he's as perfect as ever on the women's!  Great job Ol' Tenny!  Let's see what he does during the clay court swing, which is a portion of the calendar he traditionally excels at, if I'm not mistaken.
Edu went from 2nd to 8th, while TE went from 5th to 9th.
Props to Snolly for getting right back on the board after slipping in IW.
HTS may not feel great about being 1600 points off the lead, but Top 5 is Top 5.  Nice work so far this year, HTS!

Thanks Arvis and thanks for your confidence in my clay court skills. As with Nadal clay is better for my knees. How could you know that?

I have people who report to me about all of you.... >___>

FBI or FB?

I'll never teeeeelllllllll.....  O__O

....I don't have anyone.  That was a lie.  I'm a fraud!!!  T___T

Charleston
Incredible point total of 1030 from our two winners here, BHP and Murree!  They had identical teams and shared the win, beating out 3rd place Dtrain (the only other player to have both finalists on his team) by 144.  However, the REAL damage came against poor TE, who continues to slump terrible after such a hot start to the season.  He only managed 142 points here, meaning he lost to the winners by a massive 888.
Neither BHP nor Murree were in our Padme Top 5 before this, perhaps they will be now?

Monterrey
Backing up his great result in Charleston, Dtrain tied for the win here, too, along with Arvis and HTS, all three having identical teams and finishing with a score of 571, only 109 points away from the maximum possible score for this tourney.  They beat 4th place Aiur by 11 and last place BHP and Johnny by 200 even.
Interesting note about Aiur's result: he was the ONLY Jedi who didn't take Azarenka for his team, and if he had taken her he would have had a Perfect Team.

Padme Standings
1. Tenedab: 14163
2. Arvis: -398 ↑21
3. Drivers: -1047 ↓227 
4. Snolly: -1160 ↓177 
5. BHP: -1520 NEW
-- HTS eliminated --

Tenedab continues his comfortable lead, although Arvis is gamely keeping the pressure on.  Tenny is just so hard to catch once he has a lead!
BHP is our newest #5, a spot that has been changing weekly, it seems.  GO BHP!
Drivers has dropped exactly 277 points to Tenedab two weeks in a row now.

Lugano
A very "meh" tournament for the Jedi Masters, Dwight managed a decent total 212 points from his Swiatek pick.  Other than that, not much was accomplished here.  Four different Jedi tied for last place with only 62 points.

Bogota
Only three of us had the winner here: Arvis, Murree, and TE, with Arvis scoring first place with 371 points.  That tally was good for 338 points more than last place Spotec.

Padme Standings
1. Tenedab: 14390
2. Arvis: -287 ↑111
3. Drivers: -988 ↑59
4. Snolly: -1269 ↓109 
5. Dtrain: -1509 NEW
-- BHP eliminated --

Our #5 spot changes yet again, this time with Dtrain taking the position.  But BHP is less than 50 points behind him.
Arvis inched closer to Tenedab yet again, but Ol' Tenny continues to block him. And Drivers finally stemmed the bleeding a bit after a couple poor weeks.