Topic: Federer

Sorry for missing the Aussie Open festivities. It's been a hectic situation with work and other things for a couple months now. Anyway, on to the topic at hand.

It pains me so much to say this, but I believe Roger is done competing for Grand Slams. Roger has always been lumped in with Nadal, Djokovic and Murray as "The Big Four," but further than that, people really never mentioned the age gap between Fed and the other guys. Nadal is five years younger, Djoker is six years younger. I never believed for a second back in the early part of this decade that Fed was done. I always stuck by the thinking that he could still beat anyone, so long as he didn't beat himself. I think age started catching up with him after he had the knee injury in 2016. When he came back, he was a different player. More ruthless and cerebral. The "neo backhand" turned his greatest weakness into an incredible strength. I believe he changed his game so radically because he felt himself losing ground to the rest of the field, and he had to do something drastic to stay on top. Two years after that amazing 2017 Aussie Open and it seems like he's lost another step, and the field caught up to him again.

For so many years, I would pick Fed to beat anybody other than Nadal 99 times out of 100. Even when Djokovic was dominating the sport, I felt like Fed should've been winning those matches. It's different now. I don't think he has any shot against Nadal or Djokovic, and I'd say he's a slight favorite against most guys in the top 25. I'll be going to the US Open for sure. I might even go to Cincinnati if he decides to play. I really think he could retire in November if he isn't competitive in Masters Events and especially Wimbledon and the US Open.

What do you guys think?

'11, '12, '17 Yoda Cup US Open Champ
'17 Golden Droid & C3PO Trophy Champ
'12 GSFT US Open Champ

Re: Federer

Could very well be his last competitive year. The fact that he is going to the french open is another hint.
May be he will do a farewell tour in 2020 with a limited number of tournaments.

Pretty sure he wants to finish in Basel at home. I will be there every year to make sure I dont miss his last tournament.

Best of 5, it is very hard to see him beat top guyd although he is not that far away from the very best. In best of 3, he can surely still beat them.

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Feddy Wimbledon Champion 2019!

I wasn't aware he was planning on playing at Roland Garros. I think that's definitely a sign this is his last competitive year on tour, barring some kind of miracle where he wins another 'Slam.

'11, '12, '17 Yoda Cup US Open Champ
'17 Golden Droid & C3PO Trophy Champ
'12 GSFT US Open Champ