Topic: THE PADME CUP! (Padme League 2019)

Another WTA teams season kicks off everyone, I am sure the Padme League will have lots and lots of surprises, as per usual, throughout the year...looking forward to those weekly breakdowns Arvis. wink

2018 - Princess Leia Champ
2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Obi Wan R-Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame 2016 - Padme Runner-Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew POTY 2014 - Guru Race Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Re: THE PADME CUP! (Padme League 2019)

Ostapenko, Wang, Garcia and Pavs and I'm done on 33pts in Shenzhen - thanks very much

2018 Roland Garros Yoda Cup, Year End #3
2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup

First week is always tough.  Still, the results so far don't seem like anything that couldn't randomly happen in the middle of the season.

well TE, you're 9th overall in Padme and I'm 12th... so don't complain too loudly! smile

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion, 2018 Big Fat Nothing

Gotta love these first weeks of the season eh...dartboard season indeed!

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Obi Wan R-Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame 2016 - Padme Runner-Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew POTY 2012 - Lord Vader 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

hey yall, check your Sydney teams and brackets. They got shaken up a bit
3 withdrawals
2 withdrawals in Hobart too

Last edited by Johnny_Incognito (Jan. 6, 2019 1:23pm)

Brisbane
This one was the big one, being potentially worth almost double what you can get at a 280.  So who did the best?  Adunar, with 4 QFists, including the Winner.  Not the greatest result, but enough for the High Score of 771 points.  BHP finished last with 1 SFist and 3 Zeroes for a total of only 243, 528 points behind the winner.
7 Jedi got the Winner, Pliskova, correct, so it was really avoiding the Zeroes that helped the most.  Adunar, Edu, Snolly, and TE are the only ones to have no more than 1 Zero, with Ad and Edu being the only 2 of that group with the Winner.

Shenzhen
Yet another tournament with an abundance of Zeroes and 7 Jedi who had the Winner, Sabalenka.  This seems pretty standard for the WTA so far.
However, because of the abundance of upsets here, those who had the winner really separated themselves from those who didn't.  That was a highly valuable 280 points, considering that the most points acquired from any player not named Sabalenka was only 60. HTS finished with the high score of 371, beating last place TE by 338.

Auckland
Only Arvis, Spotec, and Edu failed to pick the winner, Goerges, here.  Adunar got the high score of 510, only 2 match wins away from a PT.  Well done, Arnie!  That result put him up 397 points over last place Edu.  Also, Adunar got High Score on 2 of this week's tourney, including the big 470.  Where does that put him in the standings?

Padme Standings
1. Dtrain: 1567
2. Murree: -38
3. Adunar: -185
4. Snolly: -210
5. Arvis: -234

Dtrain finished 2nd in both 280s and 5th in Brisbane.  Great start to the Padme year, D!

Actually Murree won the first week of Padme by 21 points as the 1567 points for Dtrain includes 59 points from this week at Sydney...

Either way Great Start for all..!!!

2018 Lord Vader
2018 Yoda Crew Best Newcomer

Uh, yeah, suuuurrrrre Murree, whatever you say.  PFFT.

(actually, that's true, I just clicked Overall and wrote down the scores as I saw them, oh well)

"suuuurrrrre" and "PFFT" that a lot of disrespect toward someone who was just posting an accurate correction...

After a dismal year in Padme 2018 - I was excited to get off to a good start last week and that is the only reason I pointed it out..!!! 

PS to Arvis: You do a GREAT job with the weekly updates... The Yoda League is the best league going and you are a BIG part of the reason why - I look forward to all your postings and recaps and you make this league fun to compete in... The effort you put in is appreciated and does not go unnoticed..!!!

After reading many comments last year I am aware that there are not a lot of FANS of Team Murreee in the Jedi Crew... Maybe I deserve it but I don't understand why - as I highly respect all Jedi Crew Members as worthy competitors...

Hopefully I will gain some respect (maybe even some friends) over time...

#Ready4AO2019

2018 Lord Vader
2018 Yoda Crew Best Newcomer

PSS to Arvis
Dont get a big head over his praise ya big head wink

Oh, I'm "great", eh?  SUuuurre, Murree. PFFT.

Also, I need to remember that not everyone gets my humor through text.  Thank you for the kind words, Murree!  My only hope is that my silly updates are a little entertaining for the group.

Johnny, YOU SUCK!  Welcome back.

Thanks for the summaries as always Arvis. smile

Arvis wrote:

Brisbane
This one was the big one, being potentially worth almost double what you can get at a 280.  So who did the best?  Adunar, with 4 QFists, including the Winner.  Not the greatest result, but enough for the High Score of 771 points.  BHP finished last with 1 SFist and 3 Zeroes for a total of only 243, 528 points behind the winner.
7 Jedi got the Winner, Pliskova, correct, so it was really avoiding the Zeroes that helped the most.  Adunar, Edu, Snolly, and TE are the only ones to have no more than 1 Zero, with Ad and Edu being the only 2 of that group with the Winner.

Shenzhen
Yet another tournament with an abundance of Zeroes and 7 Jedi who had the Winner, Sabalenka.  This seems pretty standard for the WTA so far.
However, because of the abundance of upsets here, those who had the winner really separated themselves from those who didn't.  That was a highly valuable 280 points, considering that the most points acquired from any player not named Sabalenka was only 60. HTS finished with the high score of 371, beating last place TE by 338.

Auckland
Only Arvis, Spotec, and Edu failed to pick the winner, Goerges, here.  Adunar got the high score of 510, only 2 match wins away from a PT.  Well done, Arnie!  That result put him up 397 points over last place Edu.  Also, Adunar got High Score on 2 of this week's tourney, including the big 470.  Where does that put him in the standings?

Padme Standings
1. Dtrain: 1567
2. Murree: -38
3. Adunar: -185
4. Snolly: -210
5. Arvis: -234

Dtrain finished 2nd in both 280s and 5th in Brisbane.  Great start to the Padme year, D!

Thanks Arvis!

Sydney
Only two Jedi backed Kvitova on their Padme teams to get this win, Tono and HTS!  Both broke 700 points and put quite a lot of space between them and the rest of the field.  Tono got the win with 778, which included THREE ZEROES!  You'll rarely see a three Zero team win, but his other two players were both Finalists! 
Edu just couldn't get anything to go his way here and finished last with only 113 points, 665 behind the winner.

Hobart
Nobody had either finalist here, but TE did enough to barely break 200, finishing with 201.  Johnny and Drivers both ended up in last, as they both managed the dreaded All Zeroes, finishing with only 4 points and no match wins at all.

Padme Standings - Week 2 (plus Round 1 of AO because I don't want to do a bunch of math)
1. Adunar: 2483 ↑2 ranks
2. Tono: -11 NEW
3. Dtrain: -89 ↓2 ranks
4T. HTS: -94 NEW
4T. Arvis: -94 ↑140

Thanks to Tono's picking Goerges at the AO, Adunar sneaks past him for the #1 slot!  But both are still very close.  Will that Goerges pick continue to haunt Tono as the rounds move further forward?  How long until Arnie losers a player?
The margins among the Top 5 are much smaller now after a second week of tournaments.  Will they stay close after the AO?

Last edited by Arvis (Jan. 15, 2019 10:06am)