Topic: YODA CREW AWARDS “2018”

Well, everybody, it’s been another great season of fantasy tennis for the Yoda Crew.

It’s almost time to announce the Yoda Crew trophy winners and award winners for the 2018 season, however, we need a group consensus on three things.....

Most Improved Player??.... Tenedab, Marco or Murreee
Best Newcomer??....Marco or Murreee
Best 2018 Performance is TennisElbow, we just have to decide whether it’s Jamie’s GSFT overall RG combined win or his WTA Madrid bracket win on TDC.

My vote for Most Improved is tenedab (UFTR No.1) and Marco for Best Newcomer (Guru)

Put your vote and comments and thoughts below, I will post the Yoda Crew Awards later in the week. smile

Well, here they are Yoda Crew members, our champions and award winners for 2018......

YODA CREW CHAMPIONS 2018

Yoda Cup Guru (2019) & Guru Race Champion 2018 - MARCO19

Obi Wan Master & Challenge Cup Champion 2018 - EDU_ANACKIN

Rey Saber Mistress & Challenge Cup Champion 2018 - EDU_ANACKIN

Lord Vader & Vader Trophy Champion 2018 - MURREEE

Senator Padme & Padme Cup Champion 2018 - TENEDAB

King Droid & R2D2 Crown Champion 2018 - EDU_ANACKIN

Queen Droid & BB-8 Cup Champion 2018 - TENNISELBOW

Chewbacca Medalist & Wookie Champion 2018 - AIUR

Crown Princess & Princess Leia Champion 2018 - TONO

Golden Droid & C3PO Trophy Champion 2018 - EDU_ANACKIN

Diamond Droid & Captain Phasma Helmet Champion 2018 - TENEDAB

Silver Droid & Lando Calrissian Champion 2018 - TENEDAB

Ruby Droid & Jar Jar Dartboard Champion 2018 - DRIVERS

YODA CREW AWARD WINNERS 2018

Yoda Crew Player Of The Year 2018 - TENEDAB

Yoda Crew UFTR End Of Year No.1 2018 - TENEDAB

Yoda Crew Most Correct Picks Award 2018 - EDU_ANACKIN (2751 Correct Picks)

Yoda Crew Performance Of The Year 2018 - TENNISELBOW (Overall GSFT Combined Winner Roland Garros 2018)

Yoda Crew Most Improved Player 2018 - TENEDAB

Yoda Crew Best Newcomer Award 2018 - MARCO19 / MURREEE

Yoda Crew Trophy Case Award 2018 - TENEDAB (15 Tournament wins)

Yoda Crew Green Quarter/Quindecim Award 2018 - DWIGHTCHARLES / TENNISELBOW (3 GQ's each)

Yoda Crew Perfect Teams Award 2018 - ADUNAR/ DTRAIN / DRIVERS / EDU_ANACKIN / LEXUSGF / SNOLLYGOSTER / SPOTEC / TENEDAB / WIMBLEDONUT (1 PT each)

Last edited by Tono (Nov. 8, 2018 5:35pm)

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year
2012 - Lord Vader, 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Re: YODA CREW AWARDS “2018”

My votes:
Tenedab for most improved player
Marco for best newcomer
Jamie's GSFT overall win at RG 18

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Most improved player I would actually go with Marcus/HTS - two 2nd placed finishes in Obi Wan and Vader - I would call it a breakout year for him
Best newcomer - don't think it's possible to pick between Marco & Murreee, they each bagged a major title, I would favour a joint win.
Performance - Hooray for me - the RG win feels bigger

2018 Roland Garros Yoda Cup
2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup 2013 Winner of Fantasy Tennis Tour

I will cast my vote to HTS for most improved... But since I don't know the past history would concede mt vote to the group...

I must challenge the votes for Marco as best newcomer (rookie)... Marco did GREAT in the 4 majors and won Guru- but I Won Vader (year long competition) and I placed 3rd in Guru...

I also won 7 ATP Team Events 5 ATP Brackets 4 WTA Team events and 3 WTA Brackets - Placed #1 Overall TDC ATP Grand Slam Team... #3 Overall TDC ATP 500...

Is this award just about GSFT or does the TDC count as well....

I will vote for Murreee for best newcomer... And invite Marco to join TDC next year...

PS: Congrats to BHP for finishing #4 in Vader (Great Comeback)...!!!

Last edited by Murreee (Nov. 5, 2018 9:39am)

2018 Lord Vader
2018 Yoda Crew Best Newcomer

Hard to argue with this Murreee. Marco absolutely dominated the Yoda Cup and impressed people. But you have a wider resume and competed with us in all comps.

My feeling is you both had standout seasons for your first full seasons, hence my vote for a joint award - unusual, but fair.

2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year

Thanks TE...

I did win Vader and place third in Guru... So i placed in two major Yoda competitions

Marco won Guru (4 tournaments) but did not even compete in Vader (66 tournaments)... so he only placed in one major Yoda competition...

Plus I only lost Guru to Marco by 320 points and only 8 points out of second...

I won Vader by 1950 points over second and 2565 points over third (66 total tournaments) And Marco didn't compete...

So in 4 tournaments Marco and I both competed for the title and Marco won a by a very close margin... I competed in 62 additional tournaments and Won the overall title...

Whatever the league decides I will accept but is this about points or popularity..???

2018 Lord Vader

Guru is the most prestigious title pf the Yoda crew. Yoda Cups are the pillars of the group. And 320 points is in fact quite a lot. Matco became #1 in skywalker after only 4 tournaments, which is close to impossible.

You did great in Yoda and amazing in Vader. I just think Marco's achievement deserves the newcomer award. But that is only my opinion, only one vote.

This is awkward! I agree with Arnie regarding the prestigious and historical supremacy of the Guru win:- it requires team picking skill AND match prediction skill AND an informed knowledge of the potential of lower ranked players as well as measured risk taking. It also embraces 4 of these challenging 2 week tests. For that reason, had Marco also played TDC throughout the year, we might not be having this discussion. As a relative newcomer myself this vote for Marco reflects my grasp of the consensus in the group about the relative weight of the different competitions. I do acknowledge though that Murree has had a superb first full year on TDC and I am in awe of his Vader win and had Marco not participated then Murree would be the unquestionable choice.
So, no, it’s not about personalities but it does raise questions re the level of participation needed to qualify for the award and about the extent of the consensus regarding  the relative weight of Guru v other achievements.
Hats off to both!!

Last edited by Drivers (Nov. 5, 2018 4:20pm)

I agree Marco had the most prestigious accomplishment -and he has been rewarded with the most prestigious award “Yoda guru”... and I have been awarded with “lord Vader” ... so it’s not about those awards... it’s about best newcomer to the yoda crew and the Hoya crew competes for 66 tournaments not just 4...

so I feel this award should go to the newcomer who embraced the full completion of the yoda crew..!!!

2018 Lord Vader

Some good discussion here I see, Murreee has made some very valid points too.

Jamie's choice of a joint win for Marco and Murreee in the Best Newcomer category isn't a silly one I think, it's not often that a Best Newcomer would be the Guru though eh, however with Murreee doing well in Yoda and in Vader he is certainly worth the award too, joint winners is starting to grow on me I feel.

Jamie's RG GSFT overall win has got the Performance Of The Year, thanks for the input there Jamie. smile

My vote for the remaining two awards is now going with.....
Most Improved - Tenedab
Best Newcomer - Marco/Murreee

Last edited by Tono (Nov. 5, 2018 5:06pm)

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year

I can live with a joint best newcomer.

My votes for this years awards

Most Improved - Tenedab
Best Newcomer - Murreee

Bring on OZ Open

Thanks for the input everyone, have we narrowed it down enough now to make all the awards official yet?

Most Improved - Tenedab
Best Newcomer - Marco & Murreee
Best Performance - TE @ GSFT RG

I don't want to put everything up all official until we have consensus, I assume we are pretty much there though.

I would say so Tono

Well, here they are Yoda Crew members, our champions and award winners for 2018......

YODA CREW CHAMPIONS 2018

Yoda Cup Guru (2019) & Guru Race Champion 2018 - MARCO19

Obi Wan Master & Challenge Cup Champion 2018 - EDU_ANACKIN

Rey Saber Mistress & Challenge Cup Champion 2018 - EDU_ANACKIN

Lord Vader & Vader Trophy Champion 2018 - MURREEE

Senator Padme & Padme Cup Champion 2018 - TENEDAB

King Droid & R2D2 Crown Champion 2018 - EDU_ANACKIN

Queen Droid & BB-8 Cup Champion 2018 - TENNISELBOW

Chewbacca Medalist & Wookie Champion 2018 - AIUR

Crown Princess & Princess Leia Champion 2018 - TONO

Golden Droid & C3PO Trophy Champion 2018 - EDU_ANACKIN

Diamond Droid & Captain Phasma Helmet Champion 2018 - TENEDAB

Silver Droid & Lando Calrissian Champion 2018 - TENEDAB

Ruby Droid & Jar Jar Dartboard Champion 2018 - DRIVERS

YODA CREW AWARD WINNERS 2018

Yoda Crew Player Of The Year 2018 - TENEDAB

Yoda Crew UFTR End Of Year No.1 2018 - TENEDAB

Yoda Crew Most Correct Picks Award 2018 - EDU_ANACKIN (2751 Correct Picks)

Yoda Crew Performance Of The Year 2018 - TENNISELBOW (Overall GSFT Combined Winner Roland Garros 2018)

Yoda Crew Most Improved Player 2018 - TENEDAB

Yoda Crew Best Newcomer Award 2018 - MARCO19 / MURREEE

Yoda Crew Trophy Case Award 2018 - TENEDAB (15 Tournament wins)

Yoda Crew Green Quarter/Quindecim Award 2018 - DWIGHTCHARLES / TENNISELBOW (3 GQ's each)

Yoda Crew Perfect Teams Award 2018 - ADUNAR/ DTRAIN / DRIVERS / EDU_ANACKIN / LEXUSGF / SNOLLYGOSTER / SPOTEC / TENEDAB / WIMBLEDONUT (1 PT each)

Lovely, thanks Tono. Lots of great performances in 2018.

It will soon be time to retire to my secret training camp where I can plot my 2019 campaign.

I might hire James Bond to spy on your secret training camp Jamie wink

Tenedab's name pops up eight times on the honours board in 2018 and Edu six, fantastic year gentlemen, well done to you both.

Congratulations to all winners and especially to Tenedab and Edu for their outstanding performances this year.

Congratulations to everyone for a great 2018 season - Shout out to all the award winners - Thanks to Tono and everyone who keeps the records and does all the behind the scenes work...

Have a great holiday and see you all in 2019...!!!

Milo where are you..???  #GoBHP

2018 Lord Vader

Tono - How do we get the awards listed at the bottom of our message postings..???

2018 - Lord Vader, Yoda Crew Best Newcomer

Last edited by Murreee (Nov. 9, 2018 9:45am)

2018 Lord Vader

It looks like you succeeded before we were there to help you!

No I just typed it on there - Is there a way to have it as a template..???

2018 Lord Vader

Click on your name, then click on signature

Congrats everyone!
Thanks Tony for stick-handling this!

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion

Thanks TE

PS: Where is Milo..???

#GoBHP

2018 Lord Vader