Re: THE PADME CUP! (Padme League 2018)

You guys are too much! Tashkent looked like a wide open tournament and Gasparyan looked like as good a guess as anybody else. She's been coming back from the injury/ surgeries, her ranking was up to 41 in 2016, she likes this part of the world (won Baku in 2015), so basically a lucky guess.

I guess luck is part of the competition after all

The three people who had Wozniacki in Beijing (Drivers, Adunar, and Dtrain) just put a massive, massive bomb on the rest of the field!  The only player who didn't have Wozniacki who avoided getting his face exploded was BHP, tanks to his Sevastova, Osaka, and Wang picks.  Everyone else lost to our Wozniacki picks by at least 900.  Who got the lowest score of all, you ask?  Tenedab, with only 485!  Shows how topsy-turvy this tournament truly was.  Will Tenny's Padme lead be in danger?

Padme Standings
1. Tenedab: 41961
2. TE: -618 ↓26
3. Adunar: -2563 ↑1084
4. Drivers: -3105 ↑1179
5. Edu: -4593 ↑270

Even though Tenny had the lowest score, TE had the second-lowest. lol
With all the highest-value tournament done for the year, it's pretty safe to say that Adunar's chances for a comeback are done, despite his huge gain.  This was TE's golden opportunity to land a knockout punch and he whiffed.  Still, the competition between him and Tenny is not over yet!

Some serious SCW in Beijing for Tennis Elbow. Well done to the Wozniacki pickers.

2018 Roland Garros Yoda Cup
2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup 2013 Winner of Fantasy Tennis Tour

Some excellent point totals in Hong Kong, with 7 of us getting over 400 points and last place Tono still managing a respectable 242.  TE, Drivers, and HTS all tied for the win with 460.
In Tianjin, TE made another huge effort and got the win alone with another 460 points!  Could he have made up some ground on Tenedab this week?
In Linz, something possessed Murree to pick Giorgi and boy did it work out.  He won with 312 points, while 2nd place HTS only had 151 and last place Dtrain only 33!

And now it's time to see the standings!  Could TE have taken the lead with his impressive wins??

Padme Standings
1. Tenedab: 42788
2. TE: -440 ↑178
3. Adunar: -2698 ↓135
4. Drivers: -3127 ↓22
5. Edu: -4568 ↑25

It seems to be too little too late for TE.  What I didn't mention in my report on the three tournaments last week is that, although he didn't win any of them, Tenny finished strong in all 3.  Could that have been enough to seal the win for him?  Not necessarily!  Moscow is actually worth quite a lot!  However, TE and Tenny have almost identical Moscow teams!  So it will all come down to one player: Karolina Piskova.  TE has her, Tenedab does not.  Tenny has Pavyluchenkova.  If she loses early and Pliskova wins the tournament, that alone could get TE the win.  However, that is discounting what happens in Luxembourg.  Over there, Tenny has Gasparyan and TE has CSN.  That could be a deciding factor as well.  These final tournaments are going to be really exciting!

Thanks Arvis, yes it's Pliskova v Pavs and CSN v Gasparyan, otherwise identical teams, not so great for me, I need a very specific outcome.
Either way it's been a great tussle this season Edgar, whatever happens we're 1 and 2 on the TDC site, with Arnaud and Jenny also currently in the top ten, so the Yoda Crew are representing in WTA Teams this year (again).

2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year

Thanks Arvis. You've done a great job with your weekly summaries. I agree with you, Jamie, we'll see what happens. Now I hope that Pliskova is tired and Halep is injured smile

Where do I rank in the Padme! I fallen off the map here too!

Thanks, guys!

Dtrain, you can check your ranking yourself over on the site.  Just go Groups -> My Groups -> Jedi Masters -> WTA Teams -> Overall.

Arvis I already knew how to do that!  I am talking the Padme Standings for example it shows top 5 I am not there or even the top 10 lol!

Well, that didn't take long. Pliskova loses therefore tenedab takes the Padme title.
Congratulations t-dab! You've had a signature year and deserve to get one of the big titles.

Thanks TE. You did great too. Unfortunately for you Pliskova was probably tired.

Really well done, Tenedab!

Great job. Well deserved first BIG title!

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Congratulations  TD! Impressive results in all areas this year too.

Thank you guys. It's been a pleasure competing with Jedi Masters. It's out this world experience!