Topic: US Open

Anyone else having problems with this site saving team pics?

Re: US Open

You have to manually delete all 128 players in the draw from your team. Afterwards, you can add players and it should save like normal

Yeah, still a pain to do that. Really hope Chalres can get the "new" website going in 2019 along with the 16-seeds new rule.

2016: Rey Saber, Lord Vader, Supreme Jedi, Yoda Crew player of the year
2014: Lord Vader, King Droid, Naboo Champion, Yoda Crew player of the year
2013: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion, Yoda Cup Guru Runner-up
2012: Yoda Cup Wimbledon champion

Adunar wrote:

Yeah, still a pain to do that. Really hope Charles can get the "new" website going in 2019 along with the 16-seeds new rule.

Hope the new site gets going but that level heads prevail and the Slams drop this 16-seeds nonsense. I think Wimbledon was a pretty good case that even with 32 seeds, there is sufficient drama and upset potential in the first week. 16 seeds increases the potential for unbalanced draws and top players going out early, the latter which in turn make the rankings potentially less representative. Consider how many good players at this year's US Open would be unseeded under 16 seeds (Serena, Barty, Sharapova, Sabalenka, Sevastova, Raonic, Nishikori, Kyrgios, Coric, Shapovalov). Is it really better having one of these pop up to play a top player R1? The slams don't need only 16 seeds and the switch seems to me making a change for the sake of making a change.

Sorry rant over

Thanks to Marco19!

Hear, hear! Marco!!  I totally agree, there should be at least 32 seeds.

2017 Supreme Jedi, 2017 Lord Vader, 2017 Chivalrous Wookie, 2015 Naboo Champion

It would also be neat to see the draw re-structured so that the 16 qualifiers showed up in predictable places in the main draw and the draw showed the other 112 players getting 3 rounds of byes.  (Actually I'd like to see 32 qualifiers with 96 players getting 3 rounds of byes.)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bDA91w … sp=sharing

dwightcharles wrote:

It would also be neat to see the draw re-structured so that the 16 qualifiers showed up in predictable places in the main draw and the draw showed the other 112 players getting 3 rounds of byes.  (Actually I'd like to see 32 qualifiers with 96 players getting 3 rounds of byes.)

That'd be a cool setup! I'd honestly prefer seeing them go even more extreme (64 or even 128) than 16 seeds. Would make for more balanced draws anyway though I don't think it's necessary.

Interestingly, today Chris Clarey of the NY Times tweeted that the powers that be have come to their senses and won't be going to 16 seeds. Not sure if it's true, but really hope it is

https://twitter.com/christophclarey/sta … 1140473856

Unable to make any winner pick for men's finals. Pls check and solve the bug on priority. Final starts in less than 11 hours!

Arps wrote:

Unable to make any winner pick for men's finals. Pls check and solve the bug on priority. Final starts in less than 11 hours!

+1
Seems like the teams have been deleted even though the tournament isn't over, yet.

Yes it looks like when a tournament is over. Weird. Charles, can you please fix this ASAP??

HELP!!!

What happened to my US Open 2018 team? The tournament is not over; so, there must be a glitch.

Yes, same glitch happened at the end of Roland Garros.

Lets hope Charles can solve this issue..