Topic: Arm Friendly Racquets

I have a Babolat Pure Drive racquet, and the last several times I used it I got some nasty elbow pain. I've spent the last few weeks researching what makes an "arm friendly" racquet, and I wanted to share my list of what to look for:

- Weight greater than 11oz
- NOT head heavy (get one that is equal or has more weight towards the handle)
- Stiffness rating less than 69
- Length shorter than 27.5 inches

I am putting together a list of racquets that meet the criteria, and I will post that when it's done.

Re: Arm Friendly Racquets

I know this is old, but I'm going to have to disagree with you. I have terrible tendonitis in my rotator cuff and cannot use rackets heavier than 11oz. If you're a fan of the control that heavier rackets give, I'd recommend a weight of around 10.7 or so, and a tighter string pattern (18x20)

Re: Arm Friendly Racquets

Hmm ... rackets should be from 11 ounces, this is the norm in such a sport, but in general all have very different hands and it's convenient for someone to play with an easy racket and someone is heavy, that's it, these are all personal matters of everyone. And the racket should be according to the standard. In general, I'm waiting for your list of racquets, intresno which will be in the first place.