Re: THE PADME CUP! (Padme League 2018)

Will Miami be even nuttier??

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year
2012 - Lord Vader, 2011 - Wimbledon Yoda Cup

Definitely starting out that way - Can't figure out the WTA brackets no matter how hard i try..!!!

Serena the first big Padme casualty.  Dtrain, Tenny, Dwight, HTS, and TE all had her.

Goerges flopped again for me, not sure why I keep picking her, should have gone Vika instead I think.

2017 - Rey Saber Champ, Padme Champ, Captain Phasma Champ, Obi Wan Runner Up, BIG 5 Career Slam, Inaugural Yoda Crew Hall Of Fame Inductee, 2016 Padme Runner Up
2015 - Obi Wan Master, King Droid, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year, 2014 Yoda Cup Guru Race Runner Up
2013 - Guru Race Winner (2014 Yoda Cup Guru), US Open Yoda Cup, Yoda Crew Player Of The Year

5 and 3 to Yafan Wang?  Seriously, Carla??

And yeah, a few others besides Tono lost Goerges as well.

Snolly and Spotec lose CocoVan

Adunar, Edu, Dtrain, and Murree lose Kasatkina

Tono wrote:

Goerges flopped again for me, not sure why I keep picking her, should have gone Vika instead I think.

Or Aga Radwanska!!! You've been so loyal to her in past picks Tony!

Didn't have her but glad to see Aga win - She is a tuff competetor..!!!

Of course I didn't have Halep so it didn't hurt either...

WTA - "What The Agggg" is happening..???

Drivers and Ol' Tenny still have 5 players alive!

7 of us lose Mugu.  Only TE and "Frickin'" Tenedab (his new nickname) have Sloane.

Drivers wrote:
Tono wrote:

Or Aga Radwanska!!! You've been so loyal to her in past picks Tony!

Yeah true Jenny, I must admit I have recently classed Aga as a 280/470 pick at best now, she is going to win Miami now to prove me wrong. lol

Unbelievable picking from Drivers, Tenny, and HTS.  No matter what happens in the final, Padme is going to be shook up.

Congrats to "Frickin'" Tenedab, who has well and truly cemented his Padme lead with a BIG win in Miami!  With a grand total of 1775 points, he has put a LOT of space between him and the competition.

To put that score in perspective, he beat 4th place Adunar (who almost broke 1000 with a nice Azarenka pick) by 815.  Adunar beat last place Dtrain by only 530 points.  This could almost be considered a year-making win for Tenedab.  Still, we have 3 more Slams to play, and there is always a chance of a shake-up at one of them!

Credit to Drivers and TE, too, for breaking the 1500 point mark and giving Tenny some competition!

Tenedab is now just over 1000 points in the lead in Padme, ahead of our new #2 TE.  HTS drops from #2 to #3, BHP drops from #3 to #6.  Adunar and Drivers round out our new Padme Top 5!

Charleston Picks:
Kasatkina - 13
Garcia - 9
Sevastova - 9
Sloane - 8 (will be replaced by Dayana Yastremska)
Osaka - 6
Bertens - 6
Konta - 6
Keys - 6
Errani - 5
Petra - 5
Gavrilova - Lexus, Edu
Goerges - Arvis, TE
Barty - BHP, HTS
Begu - Tono

---

Monterrey Picks:
Puig - 14
Tsurenko - 10
Babos - 9
Rybarikova - 8
Muguruza - 5
Tomljanovic - 5
Collins - 4
Vickery - 4
Bogdan - Aiur, Tono
Jango Fett - Dwight, Dtrain
The SS Tormo - Drivers

Thanks Arvis. It ain't over till the fat lady sings in Moscow!

Sloane - 8 (will be replaced by Dayana Yastremska)
Gavrilova - Lexus, Edu

Only Edu had both. sad

tenedab wrote:

Thanks Arvis. It ain't over till the fat lady sings in Moscow!

and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova doesn't count!

16 Wimby 14 US Open Yoda Cup
16 Wimby 14 RG Alpha Cup
12, 13 & 16 King Droid
15 Naboo Cup 14 Lord Vader- RU

Snolly clips Arvis by 10 points for the win in Charleston!  Both had Bertens and only Arvis had Goerges but Snolly had 3 SFists on his team, which was enough to get it done.  Snolly was a painful 5 points away from breaking 1000, but I'm sure he's not too disappointed with that result.  He beat last place Murree and HTS by 793.  These 480's can have sneakily huge margins.

In Monterrey, 5 of us deemed it worthwhile to use a Mugu pick and she came good, winning it all.  Of those 5, HTS faired the best with a top score of 550, a margin of 340 over last place Spotec.

These results leave us with Tenedab still way in the lead and TE in the 2nd place position.  Adunar bumps HTS down to #4 and BHP and Drivers continue jostling each other, trading places yet another week, this time with BHP coming out on top and taking the 5th place spot.  Aiur continues to struggle and is pretty far down the basement.  Like, impressively far into last place.

Bogota Picks
Arruabarrena - 10
Riske - 10
Linette - 7
Tatjana M - 7
Bogdan - 7
Larsson - 7
VCR - 6
Tomljanovic - 6
MDM - Tenny/Edu
Blinkova - Dwight
Schmee - Tenny

Lugano Picks
Mertens - 9
Cornet - 8
Mlad - 8
Kuznetsova - 6
Sasnovich - 5
Kontaveit - 4
Giorgi - 4
Buzarnescu - 3
Siegemund - 3
Sabalenka - 3
Golubic - 3
AVU - Aiur/Adunar
Kr Pliskova - Lexus/HTS
Hsieh - Snolly
Vit-Hooft - Spotec
Vondrousova - Spotec
Poots - TE

Arvis wrote:

Snolly clips Arvis by 10 points for the win in Charleston!  Both had Bertens and only Arvis had Goerges but Snolly had 3 SFists on his team, which was enough to get it done.  Snolly was a painful 5 points away from breaking 1000, but I'm sure he's not too disappointed with that result.  He beat last place Murree and HTS by 793.  These 480's can have sneakily huge margins.

In Monterrey, 5 of us deemed it worthwhile to use a Mugu pick and she came good, winning it all.  Of those 5, HTS faired the best with a top score of 550, a margin of 340 over last place Spotec.

These results leave us with Tenedab still way in the lead and TE in the 2nd place position.  Adunar bumps HTS down to #4 and BHP and Drivers continue jostling each other, trading places yet another week, this time with BHP coming out on top and taking the 5th place spot.  Aiur continues to struggle and is pretty far down the basement.  Like, impressively far into last place.

My picks have been a dogs breakfast this year, especially the men, I will take anything at the moment smile

How quickly the French/Wimby swing can change things in Vader/Padme, though, eh?

Schmiedlova wins a whole dang tournament out of nowhere.  Who magically picked her?  Frickin' Tenedab.  This is getting silly.

Really? WTH??

Champion: '16 Rey Saber, '16 & '14  Lord Vader, '14 King Droid, '14 Naboo Champion
Runner-Up: '13 Yoda Cup Guru, '15 & '13 Lord Vader, '15 Naboo Champion
Yoda Crew player of the year: '16 & '14
YC Wins: '12 & '13 Wimbledon

It's not like he's invincible in Teams, he only had Schmiedlova, Mertens, Johnson and Andujar...oh, wait a minute...

2017 Obi Wan Master, Wimbledon Yoda Cup, Year End #2, Yoda Crew Player of the Year
2016 Obi Wan Master, Year End #2
2015 Lord Vader, Roland Garros Yoda Cup
2013 Winner of Fantasy Tennis Tour